1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Tough Turmeric Stain on the carpet

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by dsrini, Jun 4, 2009.

1. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Thanks to all the wonderful friends for the reply. Definitely I will try Spot Shot & will update the result. I have Oxiclean it works with most of the stains but not with this one. Will try this one.

Thanks again to all of u.

Dhivya

2. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite

Hi all

I tried to remove the kumkum stain on my carpet by applying carpet cleaning spray on the stain ,rubbed it with a paper towel and then i ironed it with a heated Iron box. The stain vanished...

Sulakshana

3. priyadurai

priyadurai New IL'ite

Thanks for the tip Sulakshana. When my kid spilled all those khatta mettha on the carpet, I was so worried that how I'm going to get rid of those stubborn turmeric stains from the carpet, but thanks to you I applied resolve first and cleaned with the wash cloth and then followed by ironing with the heated iron box....bingo...all the stains got vanished. Thanks again for the excellent tip

4. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

I am in desperate help.My little niece spilled kumkum on the carpet 3 months back.I codulnt get to cleaning it imemdiately and I just kept putting it off.Now I got to vaccate my current unit and move elsewhere and as known the move out inspection is a big hurdle to cross..I dont know what to do..I had some bleach with me and I did use that on the carpet, left it for a while, rubbed it with some wet towel and pressed the carp[et with hot iron..pssssttt :( no use..the kumkum stains are very much there and pretty evident.Is there any hope? Its been 3 months and I left it unattended and am worrying about it now..what do I do?

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Shubha:
    Well, you did exactly what you shouldn't have. Applying bleach is dangerous as it can bleach out the color of the item along iwth the stain and leaving a big white spot. Pressing a stain is the worst as it sets a stain especially on manmade fibers (which are essentially a plastic) like rugs...it fuses the stain into the fiber. I had mentioned Gonzo....did you try that? Another product that is more powerful and which might be better in this instance is DD7. Good luck.

6. shubhasiddharth

Tashi
    Oh you scared the **** out of me..I know am to be blamed.I read this post and thought ironing would help me get rid of the stains..oh boy,what was I thinking? Anyways, I got resolve with me..can I try that? Please give me some hope..I will treat you to chocolates, flowers and champagne.:)

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Try the Resolve. If no success then try the other items I recommended. Let me know how its going.

8. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Spot Shot it is.. It can remove even tough tea stains.:thumbsup

9. shubhasiddharth

Yet to try the carpet cleaning with resolve, will do it and let you know the outcome.The truth is am praying hard that all the stains go away.Lets see

10. paroolkapoor123

paroolkapoor123 New IL'ite

I have stained my new duppatta with mud stain. Please help me :(