1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Headache

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Zeenat, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi sathya,
    i know there r many reasons to get headache.but u know what i get it for no reason.even if i try to track down the reason,the next time it wont be the same reason :cry:.
    the alternate nose breathing technique seems :goodidea: .but tell me one thg shud i do it everday (even if i dont have pain) or only when i get an attack.i will also try yogic methods.lets c what happens.
    thax for ur reply.will let know abt any improvements after the breathing technique.

cheers,
    zeenat rizvi.:wink:

2. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

the alternate breathing tech can be practiced by anyone everyday twice a day for more benefits ...improves health..

sathya

3. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

Dear Zeenat,
    Feels sad to read your sufferings. Sathya has given you all the possible causes & I too agree that proper breathing techniques :exactly: give tremendous , life-long relief not only from migraines but other ailments as well.

I have been suffering from h'aches from teenage till now --- so many reasons , like u say, different times different reasons. But once I identified the triggers, I totally avoided them and was safe from the headache. In my case, they were fried oily stuff from shops esp. chilly flav. chips , lijjat paapads, soya products, pickles, too sour food like strong tamarind gravies, tomatoes even idlis that had fermented too much ! Others were too harsh light, too less sleep, family stress etc. I was always on the lookout & avoided eating outside -- if I couldn't sleep early & well at night, I made it a point to at least lie down for an hour when my kid went to school the next day. I draw all the curtains as the sun here is toooo harsh & even in day time used the tubelight in the rooms. In case in spite of all precautions, the ache did come -- I will immediately go to bathroom & vomit out 'cos that will give me 85 % relief ! My husband will shout & say ' bad habit' but I'm the suffering one & I know my body/system ... if i don't vomit out the culprit food / bile whatever, I have to struggle for a min. of 3 days at least ! Then who will take care of house , kid ?? With all the precautions, I was headache free for many many months -- the longest time ever in my life since school days ! I was so happy ....

Then all of a sudden last month I got a terrible one --:bang right from when I woke up in the morning, it was 'banging' like mad .... vomit...no relief.... inhaled herbal oil...no relief....tiger balm / etc........no use , by evening I was crazy in pain ;;; then all of a sudden I realised, I had tried out a new hair oil the previous evening, massaged it for my hair --- immediately I took a hot shampoo bath & got rid of the oil + 95 % of the headache !!! Now I've found out a new trigger for my sufferings ....

So if our system is so sensitive, we have to live sensibly as it is an ongoing struggle. Nowadays there are very safe tablets prescribed for those with symptoms like us ---- my neighbour uses them as she is not at all interested in breathing / yoga etc. She says it gives her immediate relief -- within 20mins. & even the number of times she gets headache has reduced, as it works on the nerves of our head and is not just a useless painkiller like Panadol.
    I've written too long I think ----- but just wanted to help out by sharing my experience. If u need any more info. just let me know.

Relax -- see movie, don't worry about cleaning house, cooking etc. Enjoy your self with your little one . Take care. Good luck with your techniques.

With love,
    Dew.

4. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hey dewdrop,
    thax a lot for ur help....
    after reading ur mail i feel there's sm1 who can undstd exactly what im going thru.im still in the process of tracking down what triggers the pain.so confused though.im trying the nose breathing method.lets c what happens.also im browsing yogic sites as advised by so many IL friends.but im sure there is more than one reason for my headaches,and i have to find out.

i will let u know if any improvements.
    thanks once again and i also pray u also get rid of all those terrifying pains,once and for all.

take care.
    regards,
    zeenat rizvi :wave

5. helloyoga

helloyoga New IL'ite

hi zeenat,

the internet is full of yogic sites. you can find by searching them on google and to understand the meaning of yoga and asanas, you can look into the wikipedia. These site can also provide you the information about the yoga practitioners and instructors.

Alternate breathing technique is also a very good and effective way to treat headache. You try these thing without worrying about the negative effects.

Breathing techniques are useful for other remedies also.

One more thing i would like to suggest you that practice yoga under the guidance of the professional practitioner. They will guide you through the whole process for practising yoga in proper manner.

The wrong process may become harmful.

Best Wishes.

6. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

I just thought of mentioning another yoga website I found it very useful.

Yoga Journal

7. helloyoga

helloyoga New IL'ite

8. Sumathii

Sumathii New IL'ite

headaches

Hello All

We all have been troubled by headaches every now and then. Some of them have it often (like me), and not finding a solution inspite of getting eyes checked as well as Blood Pressure.

I used to have headaches very often..like say 2-3 times a week and would take a pain killer to be relieved. I was quite worried about it too. Until one day, somewhere i read that dehydration is also one of the main causes of headache.

Consciously, i started to increase my water consumption (I used to drink just 2-3 cups of water a day) and believe me, my headaches have almost vanished.

So, just in case if you have frequent headaches and unable to find the exact cause, try drinking more water.

regards
    Sumathii

9. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

Re: headaches

Sumathi

thank you for sharing this info...

10. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Re: headaches

HI...
    really an very useful information...