How's weather in your city

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by Saveourplanet, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Saveourplanet

Saveourplanet New IL'ite

Summers have set in the entire North India. But in Kashmir, the weather is quite cold and I have heard that its snowing in the mountains. These strange weather conditions are really troublesome. I think it is all because of Global Warming.

What do you think? Tell me, how's the weather in your city? What do you think is the reason behind these kind of strange climatic conditions?

2. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

I envy you are in Shimla we the unfortunate ones are exposed to extreme heat conditions here.
    hi nice meeting you. :) I am in Tamil nadu and it is always summer except a week or so of monsoon which peeps during the month Nov.As there are no rains it is dusty here where i stay, a place called Dindigul.
    Global warming is really having an impact on the climatic change and I am sure in T.N the mercury will further shoot up.:bonk

3. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

I think the depletion in the Ozone layer is the reason for this.The green house gases that are let into the atmosphere causes this depletion.

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,

It is getting hotter every year, everywhere

Here the summer is yet to reach its peak...and its already anywhere between 46 and 50 degrees in the noon. I have just returned from my vacation in India...and will be experiencing the hotter days ahead here [​IMG].

Hey manchithra,

You are from Dindigul :) ? I did my school finals and graduation there. I have fond memories of the place.

Bye

5. orangesandlemon

orangesandlemon New IL'ite

the weather is getting hot day by day .this is due to the depletion of ozone layer and the presence of chloroflorocarbons in the atmosphere.

6. CynthiaG

CynthiaG New IL'ite

It is extremely hot. I live in Gujarat and the weather is awful here. You can't sit without AC or cooler during afternoon. The outside feels like tandoor during the day.

I don't know when it will end. I hope it will end soon. Desperately waiting for monsoon to come. Do you think singing like people in Lagaan will work? "Kaale Megha Kaale Megha, Paani to Barsaao" :rotfl

7. kk2009

kk2009 New IL'ite

CynthiaG,

You can try that but I don't think it will work. :) That day, I heard on the news that monsoon will be very late this time. At least, we in Delhi keep getting relief from heat due to regular showers and aandhi. The weather has become quite strange but it does help by decreasing the scorching heat for a while.

8. Madamcurie

Madamcurie Junior IL'ite

hi,
    come june & its yet hot down south exception of today the temperature is a bit cool it could because mumbai is having severe rains, i really envy you people up north i just hate summers.

clementina

9. jasminderkaur

jasminderkaur Senior IL'ite

Yippeee monsoon is coming. After giving half of north India a virtual heart attack, the monsoon has finally showed up. Its so great. Today, it has reached Delhi and pretty soon it will reach Punjab also.

There were some reports that monsoon might not come at all this year. But thankfully, it has arrived. May be now, we in north india will get enough of water and electricity.

10. Ayesha88

Ayesha88 New IL'ite

I agree with Jasminder Kaur. I am visiting Delhi which is pretty hot this year. Unlike last year there were no rains in June. Everything was scorched and then there were omnious talks of drought etc etc. There were talks of El Nino.
    Luckily, for the last two days there is a bit of rain. It has cooled everything - including the tempers.
    I know its good to last.But lets enjoy the rains till they are here!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009