when to start saving??

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by neets, Jun 6, 2009.

1. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

thanks ruhanne,thats exactly my prob,now that you gave me tips i will start right away ,yeah job security is big issue even over here.thanks ruhaane for you help.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. orangesandlemon

orangesandlemon New IL'ite

u can start saving before planning the baby bcoz after that the expenditure will increase automatically and u can't cut your expenses after that.

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear neet,
    saving need not make one stingy.

like i found switching off lights everytime i leave the room or putting off the laptop at night saves some bucks plus u help enviroment too.

then making a list & sticking to it really helps.we still buy the essentials,its only the extra items that we really don't need gets filtered in this process.

sending money is good but after only leaving money for 3 mths expenditure in account.u never know when some unseen medical need may require instant bucks.
    we started saving after our son was born 1.6 yrs after marriage.
    pragati

4. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

thanks orangesandlemom,thanks,its a imp point to remember.
    hey i like your username,how did you come up with this name.?

thats a point to be noted,thanks pragati.

5. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

A good rule to follow while building savings is 'pay yourself first'. Each month before any expenses put a proportion of your income in a savings account. It can be 5 or 10% or whatever amount you are comfortable with. But try and stick to the same amount each month. After you have accumulated a specific sum you can open a Fixed deposit so you are not tempted to spend it.

Just my $0.02!

6. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

Thanks Mythraeyi for your :my2cents,m taking it.
    your idea will be a real cure for my temptation.:)thanks for stepping in.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

good tip!! :)

8. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

Hi

stop using credit cards, every 15 days take some amount from ur account for monthly expenses and use that cash, you will know where the money is going and you will stop your temptations .

i am practicing this from almost 6 months and i can see and realized where unnecessary money we r spending.

9. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

thats gud point kavi ,we use the credit card only for buying the online stuff,like camera and gift for parents. for all other purchases we use the debit card.so like thats under control..:)

10. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

saving starts once the thought has struck.

after that strike if you don't start then it leads to delays which is not for your good.

never mind if you have not identified the investment avenue, still set aside in the bank and later move it to the right place.

i recommend use of credit card if you are disciplined enough not to over spend. the reason i use my card is that it accumulates airmiles and once in a while i redeem them in the form of small gifts, airtickets, etc.

i use the card for all regular expenses and pay 100% on the due date. also i don't pay any annual fee as it comes free with an account in a bank.