1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help with hair smoothing Serum

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by pwundavalli, May 17, 2007.

1. pwundavalli

pwundavalli New IL'ite

Hi

I have thick coarse curly hair and also it is dryand Frizzy. My hair stylist used serum called Time & Line Silky Smooth and it makes my hair very smooth and shiny and when straighten it it looked awsome. Now the product has been stopped.

After that I tried Paul Mitchell Super-Skinny Smoothing Serum but not that impressive as with the other one.

Do you have any recommendations what is a good product to make hair shiney, smooth but not greesy.

Also I am planning to go to India soon. Is there a good product that I can bring from there?

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi there

U can try VIVE PRO conditioners from LOREAL... pearl shine complex.... it makes ur hair smooth shiny and manageable... specially here in US the water is hard it makes ur hair frizzy and the frizz, makes the hair break easily... so do try this conditioner its amazing.

~Abha

1 person likes this.
  3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi

can anyone tell me natural conditioner other than egg and heena egg i cant use
    heena leaves my hair rough. i tried many combinations with heena no use

bye
    padma

1 person likes this.
  4. sunikrishnan4u

sunikrishnan4u New IL'ite

Hi Padma,
    I am Suni, new to IL. I have long hair which is more or less normal with a little frizziness. I happened to read in a glossy magazine that Kristin Davis, Charlotte of Sex and the city, who has such a beautiful hair, uses palm nut oil as conditioner. I dint know what palm nut oil is then, so I mixed equal amounts of olive oil and almond oil, and used it as conditioner. It was amazing, my hair is so smooth. I am not using any commercial conditioners now, juts this oil mix. Use it as the normal conditioner, take 2-3 drops and smear it well on your hair, wash it off well.
    And also in winters, here in US, my hair used to get dried,even with commercial conditioners, and falls humangously, I wonder how theres still hair left in my scalp, but after using this, the hair is no longer dry and falling has also reduced dramatically. Also good for dandruff.
    Hope this helps
    Rgds
    Suni

5. Triza

Triza New IL'ite

Hi,

I am writing this for my 5 years old daughter. She is having thick hair, but it is very rough and lifeless and gets tangled easily. i apply oil once or twice in a week and wash with baby shampoo. What can i use to make it smooth and healthy.

Suni, I'll try olive oil + almond oil mix definitely. Anything else? I've read somewhere eggs are good. but how to apply, only egg white or whole egg?

(By the way we are in Qatar,the water here is not that bad, it's not hard.)

Anybody having any remedies, please tell me

Regards,

triza

5 people like this.
  6. Jayashreeanand

Jayashreeanand New IL'ite

Hi Suni,
    Whether the oil mix should be used after shampooing??Which olive oil we should use for it?
    Thanx in advance,Expecting ur reply.Bye.

7. mrsbiju

mrsbiju New IL'ite

try livon.its great