Indians in Coimbatore - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Coimbatore' started by Induslady, Mar 20, 2007.

1. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Geetha, I am also from Coimbatore. Where do u stay in Kuwait? I know about 5 Geethas in Kuwait. But i have not come across u. Pls reply. Lets get in touch.

thanks and regards,
    sujatha

2 people like this.
  2. sathyanand

sathyanand New IL'ite

Hi

I am Sathya. Married housewife with a 4 month kid. Worked as medical editor for three years. I am very happy to be a member of Indusladies.

Cheers
    Sathyanand:2thumbsup:

3. sathyanand

sathyanand New IL'ite

Hi Ajaya, :wave

I am Sathya. Very happy to be a member of Indusladies. Do keep in touch. Willing to share many things thr online.

4. geethaM

geethaM New IL'ite

:) hey sujathae,
    Iam also frm cbe...i mean a keralite born&brought up in cbe....
    i did my school in Avila convent&colledge in Avinashilingam!!I did my B.A in Psychology&later M.A in Eng.lit(thru corr.course).I cme to Ku after marriage&nw its been 15 yrs here!!.My inlaws r frm B'lore&i hv settled there.
    Yu can contct me by PM
    lov,
    GeethaM.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2007
  5. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

Hi Coimbatoreans,
    I am also from this wonderful place..You all had stated the nicest things. Also include the wonderful climate there....Mainly I love to travel in city buses there. Only in Coimbatore can people travel in city bus, with the luxury of a car...Mostly private buses with songs...No rush atall during non-peak hours...
    People we all can say our school and college name to find out if any of us know our friends already....What you say.

Hi Geetha, I too studied in Avila convent..which year passout are you?..I am 1996-12th standard passout...

bye
    karthika.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hello

:wave Just discovered this site - I am also from CBE - studied in PSG Arts in the early 80's - living in the US now for nearly 19 years!! Working as a tax analyst in the Kansas City area.

7. honeydew27

honeydew27 New IL'ite

Re: Hello

hello shobana ,
    Me too discovered the site today , basically my grandmother house is coimbatore , presently i am in singapore , planning to move to kansas after 4 months , i would like to know how is the weather in kansas , how is the place, and what r the important this i need to bring from as this we are migrating to US , i need to plan things. Is all indian groceries available in kansas city. pls help me out . I have 3 yr old kid . how will the education there .

8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi there - which part of Kansas are you planning to move to? We live in Olathe, KS. It is a suburb of Kansas City (Kansas City is a city that is both in Kansas & Missouri - the eastern half is in Missouri and the western half is in Kansas) There are a lot of Indians here - mostly work for Sprint. It is a nice place - not like LA or NY but not a small town either. The weather can be extreme here - in summer it gets very hot and humid. Winters can be harsh at times - we get snow - mostly it is the cold winds that can be bad. We live in the Johnson County area where there are 3 good school districts. So depending of where you will be living, I can give you more details about the schools, etc. There are Indian grocery stores here and we get everything - not a problem. There is a temple here as well. We have a Tamil Sangam - we are not very active in it. Just busy with work, etc that we dont have a whole lot of time for those! Which part of Coimbatore does your grandmother live? It was nice to hear from you - let me know if you have any questions about the area, etc.

9. honeydew27

honeydew27 New IL'ite

hello madam,
    Thanks for the immediate reply, as i dont know exactly place were we r going to move , i will get u more details once i come to know hich part of kansas. Thanks for the information.can u give some tips what r things i need to bring like utensils home appliances etc.
    Is is easy to get house for rent ? what would be the rent .Will it be furnished house or how ?R u green card holder hopefully becos ur there for 14 yrs ? .My grand mother house is in Raja street coimbatore. How abt u ?
    when and where do u finished ur college. IF possible give me ur mail id.

regds
    honey

1 person likes this.
  10. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi - are you moving here permanently or is this a temporary stay? You can get all appliances here - you could bring appliances like a blender from India so that it suits our needs here - I have a "mixie" that I brought from there. The only thing is to make sure that it supports 120v (all appliances in India are 220v). Apartments are easy to rent - there is a range of prices - depending on your location, you can get one quite easily.

Life in CBE was great - went to school there - towards the end of school life - college as well in CBE. My parents live near "Vadavalli" which is on the way to Marudamalai - have a lot of relatives all over CBE!!

Hi to all you other ladies from CBE.

1 person likes this.