Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dearest Chithu,

How are you? Longtime i peeped into this forum.. Very nice to hear that Thanu's wedding went on very well.Your post on wedding preparation by your daughter was just amazing to read!!

I'm cooking on and off in busy schedules...ofcourse all recipies are from your treasure trove. Hope to get back soon with detailed F.B's soon.

Take care.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nimmi, the wedding went off very well. Measurement is the key note to success in baking. I am very happy to read your FB, nimmi.
    I will PM you my mobile no: & we will definitely get in touch.
    Take care of your health.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Thanks, Lakshmi.
    I was offline for just 2 days!
    The S by S thread recipe for gulab jamun is my latest & follow it verbatim.
    The other is an old recipe.
    Wish you gulab jamun success! :)
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Dear Latha,
    Good idea to make tam rice with paste+curryma podi!! I am very happy, your DD liked it as well!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. archukoratty

archukoratty Junior IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Very nice to read that Thanu's wedding went on well. Please pass on my wishes to Thanu.

This message is to appreciate Varloo for preparing bun which was really nice and professional too....Varloo told that she made bun and it is good, but I was really surprised when I saw the bun which had a very good look as well as taste. Let me thank you too for the recipe. Excellent...

Regards,
    Archana.

6. Chitvish

Dear Shyamala,
    First, I received your PM. I still have not found time to reply you!. Sorry.
    It was a very pleasant surprise to meet you in Nuts n Spices! You look very sweet & pleasant!
    Suraabi must be suffering with measles, all the more because the weather is so hot:-(
    Look after yourself & the child. You can have a "postponed" celebration when you get back to normal.
    My regards to Shiva.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Aish, Your absence made me guess!! Do take your time to start cooking in full swing. Take care till then.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Glad to know the wedding went off very well. You were sorely missed in the forum :) Loved your description of the wedding in detail, and the menu was yum!

Made several items over the last few days. I tried your technique for the perfect rava upma and it was super. I have never tried it before, as I get uthir uthir upma normally following the usual technique. This time though, I had bought a pack of rava here and the quality of rava was horrible. Too fine and was not taking even 1.5 cups water! So hunted down your technique and tried it and the result was much better. Usually I boil water first and then add rava, so roasting rava even though it is pre-roasted was new and produced great results :)

Made pineapple-ginger-orange-grapes juice couple of times, then watermelon delite, mango lassi etc.

Made veg kurma with jeera rice couple of days back, and for the remaining kurma, made puris the next day. It turned out awesome as usual.

This morning breakfast was makkai ka dhokla. It was terrific. Absolutely delicious recipe, even better than peas dhokla. Adding corn kernels gave such a nice feel to the recipe. We gorged on it!

My lil one turns three on Monday, and I am planning to make some sweet apart from payasam etc. Will let you know how it goes :)

Cheers,
    Nithya

9. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Mathashri,
    Thank you so much for replying to all my posts.

Well i made a small uthappam only, but couldnt have more than 1.

No it was not my anniversary... The think is I come back from office at 9:30 pm and after that have to cook dinner. So these kind of things are the only things to motivate me to cook at that hour when most would be deep in slumber! If I were just doing routine stuff, I guess I will loose interest and hence food will be horrible. But these simple but interesting things make both of us have a smile on the face after a long hard day. But ofcourse, ideas from all your photos and forums, nothing less!

Yesterday I made vegeterian omelete. The colour, texture was exactly like an egg omelet and taste was superb too. We enjoyed it, along with extra spicy tomato rasam and rice.

The pic of the semiya decoration.

Attached Files:

10. siva_sundari

siva_sundari New IL'ite

dear ma,

wowwwwww a fantastic menu...reminded me of my own wedding where the curd was served on a mud pot....i have collected it as a soveneir of my wedding...i've my bro's wedding coming up and i will kkeep this menu in mind when we prepare the menu..bad luck we ILs were not there to attend...one of the bad baggage of bbeing an nri...
    also i recently noted that all wedding halls in chennai serve with tissue rolls and paper towels everywhere...its a total hygiene especially for the kids..i really appreciate it...
    my craving has started for a kalyana saapadu...
    sivagami

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.