1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jab We Met !!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Drpreethis, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Deepa !!

Love and marriage is a roller coaster ride for everyone !! [​IMG]

It is just about gripping ourselves well during the ride !! [​IMG]

Am glad your ride going great for more than decade !!!

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hey Preetha ..

Dont get decieved is the bottom line ! [​IMG] Hehe...

Well.. so your destiny kickstarted in the car ! :) Cool.

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Suma ,

ITians like you and Malathy should know how the reply to post became
    ' New Thread ' !! [​IMG] Dentists like me can only smile at them !
    ( Malathy is going to rip me in private for this !! ) [​IMG]

Actually, Suma.. One sentence of yours.. put me in jitters ! [​IMG]

" after college.....we worked in same company till my kiddo was born " !!

Huh ??? Suma , [​IMG] ??? ​

4. ramyajithendra

ramyajithendra Silver IL'ite

Hi preethi.

I should thank LS for letting me know abt this thread.. Truly wonderful thread. I feel u can make many super hit indian movies with all the lovely stories written here.

Mine is a love marriage. I met jithu, in college, when we both were doing our bacherlors in mysore. We both were studying in the same class and i hardly had seen him in the classroom until we were in the final year. He used to bunk the classes almost every day for 2 years !!!!! He friends used to give the proxy attendance for him and save him from attendance shortage at the end of the year..

During the final year, all of us went for a trip to Irpu falls. It was in November. That was the first time i actually spoke to him. He is from Andhra, but he cud speak kannada so fluently. I was really amazed. While cmg back from the trip on that day, it started raining so heavily. Jithu was so caring..he requested the bus driver to drop every female near their home. I got down from the bus at the end of the road and he wanted to accompany me till i reached my home..I felt somewhat weird..In spite of me refusing, he walked along with me until i reached home. From just being classmates, we became good friends that day..

On valentine's day in Feb, 3 months after befriending him, i came to know the harsh truth behind his friendship with me..That idiot was in love with my best friend..He felt, 'agar kisi ladki ko patana chahiye, tho pehle uski saheli ko patana chahiye'. Thats the reason he was moving abt so closely with me extracting all the details abt my friend. He proposed to her on the valentine's day and right away got rejected. I had a big fight with him on that day and gave a lengthy speech regarding values of friendship. I just cud not control my tears as he had misused my true friendship. Guess, he realized his mistake and swore he would never again take advantage of my friendship. From good friends, we went on to became "best friends" on that day..

After i completed my masters, my parents started looking for alliances for me. I used to call up jithu everytime someone used to come to see me and share my opinions with him. He was working in hyderabad then. I rejected almost 28 grooms for various reasons of my own. One fine day, when i called him up, he asked me direclty would i mind marrying him. I was shocked to hear that he is even ready to convert to my caste to marry me. I found it very stupid of him. He's a reddy from andhra and i'm a typical kannada brahmin. My father was very orthodox. I knew no way my parents will agree for a inter-caste, inter-languagage and inter-state marriage. Somehow, i summoned all my courage and spoke to my parents.They were reluctant at the beginning, finally i succeded in convincing them. Finally, we got married in a combination of reddy and brahim traditions.. We are happily married for 3+ years now with a 2+ years naughty son. After our marriage, he has turned a strict vegetarian and quit 'occasional smoking' and 'social drinking' too.. We still continue to live our life as best friends rather than a married couple..

5. pinkroses

pinkroses New IL'ite

Hi All,

Been a long time since I logged in as I delivered a baby girl 1 month ago and enjoying the motherhood, also recovering from the c section...but we both are doing fine...:)

Hi Dr. Preethi,
    Very nice thread that i cudnt stop myself writing and thinking about my "jab we met" phase...
    mine is a newspaper marriage :), which turned out to be love marriage...
    it was the advertisement of the groom in the newspaper and i responded but things dint worked out, however i was very shocked when it didnt happen as i had some kind of intutions that this has to happen..(my intuations are very strong and straight from god, I guess)
    then after an year I am surprised to see an email from this guy wishing me some festival ....I was like what???
    and then the email sesion started and then phone and finally a meeting (he was coming to same place where I lived to see some other girl for marriage rather ended up meeting me)...add guess what in a years time we were married....things were little difficult as we have so much difference in everything like culture, family etc....but as I said I know from the day one that we are made for each other, so it has to happen...
    its wonderful to think about those days, spending soo much on phone bills:rotflIt still seems to me like a miracle...:)

-love,Roses

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hey Ramya ,

So, LS is spreading the word and kindling everyone's love around !! Good !

So, Reddygaru was intrested in your friend first !! [​IMG] Hehe.. I can just imagine how much that must have angered you ! Something you can whack him for now.. just for the heck of it ! [​IMG]

It is soo true in your case .. that ' Destiny ' is what triumphs ! [​IMG]

Best Luck, Girl !

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Roses , Congrats on the little bundle of joy !! [​IMG] Take care.

Intuitions huh ? I was famous for one saying of mine ' Something tells me, this may / may not happen ' !! Few of friends literally believed me [​IMG] !!

But I guess, over age I realised it was called ' gut feeling ' ! ( WOnder why it is called " gut " !! Why not heart !! [​IMG] ) Anyways.. good to know your ' gut ' feeling worked for you, Rose ! Miracle.. i dont know.. But you probably deserve to be happy ! [​IMG]

8. suma21

suma21 New IL'ite

Hey Preethi,

Sorry for the inconvience yaar,was multitasking:spin...instead of 'post reply' i would have clicked 'New thread' by mistake....:bonk
    I just meant we were lucky to be together even in office..
    ...lil flashback....we completed MCA in 2000....Got job in same IT company..got married in 2004...worked in same company till my kiddo was born in 2005....took a break....joined a different company ....Just can say I am blessed to find such a Gem of a person....

Cheers,
    Suma

9. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

Hi Preethi
    It is really very interesting to read your reply comments also about all the "jab we met incidents" of IL's.

Also your emoticons are really very cute.... :thumbsup

:cheers
    madhupreeth

10. rsd

rsd New IL'ite

:)Thats such an interesting......cudnt resist replying to it :)

Ours is an arranged marriage.......but in a different way!!
    My parents wanted me to meet this guy whose family i knew bcoz we both live in blore itself n get to see other on various social occasions. But i dint know abt the guy as such. My parents arranged for us to meet privately at a Coffee Day outlet!! It was like my father taking me to meet my first date!!:rotflWe both instantly hit off and gave our approvals the very next day :D
    The best part comes now......both our parents dint want to rush things so they decided to let our relatives know a little later. Meanwhile we were meeting and calling up each other stealthily :) And finally after 2 months they decided that my in-laws will officially come to our house to see the girl ie, me along with their other relatives. And we both had to pretend like we'r meeting for the first time and we even got the permission to speak to each other in the other room........n that is when my DH actually proposed to me on his knees....all the while the relatives outside thinking that we'r just speaking to each other :rotfl And when my DH went back home n immediately gave his yes.....they all started talking that it was a love marriage(bcoz some ppl had caught us making akhon hi akhon mein ishaara at some occasions :D)
    All the relatives still cant decide if it was really an arranged marriage or was it a love marriage in disguise!! :D
    All this happened 4 yrs back..........n we still talk abt it n have a hearty laugh!