1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's that habit?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by infinitehopes, Mar 15, 2009.

1. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

"Me".. My habits which irritate others... Introspection

Let me state some of my habits which maybe irritating to others:

1.) I have a habit of narrating incidents to the tee. Eg. When I narrate a phone conversation between me and my mom to my husband, it'll be like.. " Mom said this and I replied this, then upon hearing this my mom siad that and then I replied this.. etc etc". My husband has also pointed this out to me (he wasn't direct in telling me its irritating:)) saying why can't u just tell me the gist ! And its not just to my hubby, to all whom I narrate, its this way. I do it thinking that the opposite person has to know everything before coming to a conclusion. Well, its my habit. But Iam sure it irritates others.
    2.) A second habit that I have which some of my friends have also complained is that whenever anyone shares anything with me, I will definately listen attentively but my body language is otherwise. I will be staring either at that person or some object blankly. Actually when Iam doing this, iam actually picturising what the opp person is saying but then its taken as iam not interested. My friends have openly told me that they get irritated by this habit of mine..:)
    Well Iam working on it ladies, but its gonna take some time i guess...
    So now ladies, its ur turn.. Come on, lets peep a little inside us!!

Moderator : Tranq.. Since the thread you started was on similar lines of IH's .. I have merged it. Thank You for giving life to it again.. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
  2. sudha26

sudha26 New IL'ite

What an interesting topic..enjoyed reading each one..
    like to share mine ..i'm sure many of u will relate this to me..(wonder why no one discussed this or did i miss out)

i find my hubby pulling his hair out whn we go to MALL FOR SHOPPING :rant
    i hv this habit of surfing all the sections even if my "to buy" list is small.:crazy
    so whenver we r in a mall i find him asking me atleast a dozen times"are u done? shall we proceed to the cash counter?" and altlat after 1 hr or so here we stand in a que for billing ..(and wait more yet to come)...here i go again to the choc or bakery section that too when its just our turn:bonkand imagine all the expressions on my DHs face ..:spin

this is my first post ILs i just loved sharing it with u all..hope u all enjoyed reading this crazy habit of mine ...there are more to come.:biglaugh

3. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

I get tensed and angry easily even for small things. My DH is a cool and calm person. He always wants me to cool down and not get annoyed over silly things. But I am unable to overcome my weakness until now.

4. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies!
    Nice to see the new additions of habits that annoy DH...

Let me add one - although initially I started asking for single habit, I think lets try to list out the possible annoying habits. So pour in your annoying habits here!

To add my annoying habit - I am generally quite observant of people. I notice even small things being done by people around. My DH has a habit of forgetting a lot of things - in general and more when its about household things, exercise, medicines etc.. When I observe for a few days and then bring it to his notice that he hasn't done certain thing for last few days - he is like - Do I have any freedom in this house? Why are you watching me all the time?? Can I not do what I want?

I am like - hello - isn't it for your good ??? But I don't get a chance to say that because I am already on a guilt trip for observing so many things! :)

5. spap

spap Senior IL'ite

There are lots of small habits..
    when he drives the car,i always keep watching the speed and will tell him to slow down.. you can hear me say that every minute even when he is driving within limit.. he hates that and tells " you should drive the car and not drive the person driving the car" :))

6. mlk2009

mlk2009 Bronze IL'ite

Nice thread ..
    DH hates when I dont take a bath immediately after waking up.
    Dh hates when I eat chicken for morning, noon and night
    Dh hates when I drive too fast and have music loud
    Dh hates when I wear tight dress

7. vasu95

vasu95 New IL'ite

HI

When ever i make something special, or new or get dressed up well. I expect him to appreciate. Which he never does ? He wants me to change this habit of expecting any reaction from him. I feel the pain in my heart because i long for appreciation. I think i will become like stone not to expect any reaction. He says if he takes second serving it means he likes the dishes hence words have no meaning. :(
    Vasu

8. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hello ladies
    I enjoyed reading through this thread. Well for me its opposite to a few of them. My husband is a perfectionist and wants me to be so. I am not. I like to do things my way but he is like did you have food? how many times? What time? Why irregular? Even if i do something 10-15 minutes here and there he will eat my head for being so careless.
    I like to go in rain n water all the time but i get cold very fast so he hates it.
    I like to talk about everything but he think these are girlie things and i should only talk about things related to us/our work/something imp (e.g. why are you telling me what your cousin did to his friend?/ what happened on a TV show?)

9. priti8683

priti8683 Senior IL'ite

Interesting thread....

My Dh dont like my diet....He wants me to eat more food...But I am not a foodie:)

He hates when I ask him to help me in house work....

He hates when I talk too much...........I am so talkative:hide:

He dnt like my stinginess.....Its not stinginess, I dnt like to buy very very expensive things...

10. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

My hubby doesnot like my bad habit of chewing nails. I have done it for so long now that I start doing it without being concious of it but hubby says it feels yuck to him.
    Have to work on giving up this habit because now even my kids have started pointing it out!!!!

Payal