1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Migrain: Any solutions?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by chatkara_tasty, Jun 18, 2006.

1. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi all ,

can any body help me to get rid of my migrain problem . if somebody has a solution or medicine pls tell me .

2. rosema

rosema New IL'ite

• Juice of ripe grapes serves as an excellent remedy for treating the problem of migraine. Consume it in small doses several times in a day.
    • Niacin vitamin works wonders in overcoming migraine headache. Rich sources of this vitamin are yeast, tomatoes, green veggies, nuts, liver and fish.
    • Crush a few leaves of cabbage and place in a cloth. Bind it on the forehead while lying on the bed.
    • Vegetable juices have proved to be beneficial in curing migraine. Carrot juice can be had in combination with spinach and likewise beet and cucumber.
    • Wet a towel liberally, then squeeze, not wring, some of the water out. Fold until the towel can easily be placed in the freezer. Leave in for about five minutes or until the towel begins to stiffen up. Unfold the towel and refold, trying to place the frozen section towards the middle and the wet sections toward the outside. When the towel is reasonably frozen, place around the head and eyes.
      cumber juices can be consumed.

3. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Hi Heena,migraine has different triggers.It is important that you avoid things which trigger your migraine.I know for a fact that ajinomoto(MSG)used in chinese cooking is a common trigger.I too suffer from migraines and found that I have a deviated septum(the cartilage that seperates the nostrils).I used to think I have sinus and then discovered that is is migraine!.I also found that I cannot tolerate milk and especially curd.so I avoid that now and my attacks are far less frequent.

I may be able to tell you more later on as I research about it.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The triggers could be different for different people.

some get due to pms
    some due to chocalates.

My driggers, acidity and some dark brown chocalate.

so find out your triggers, and avoid. that helps in reducing.

during migraine. just relax and meditate.
    it helps,

shanthi.

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi,

As Shanthi said first trigge out your problem. When you get the Migrain, please think and write what you did one that day, like your food, outing etc., Write each and everything in a diary and indue course you will come to know about your triggers and you caneasily avoid them and reduce your migrain.

Generally people will say they have to avoid cold items like cucumber, chow chow, ice creams and heavy items like chocalates. :-D

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Heena,

There are different reasons for a migraine. All of us the migraine is one simple headache, but no. There are different types also. Due to gastric reasons, it starts with a stomach upset, like gas or something. Sometimes due to sinus, sometimes due to tension , it starts from the back of the neck. Can you tell me which sort of a headache you get. I had and got it completely cured. Mine was gastric based.

Latha :wave

7. helloyoga

helloyoga New IL'ite

As Shanvy said, meditation and relaxation helps a lot in migraine.....there are various relaxing techniques that can help you in reducing migraine..

You can try yoga and Pranayama for treating the migraine. There are many yoga asanas specifically for the migraine. Meditation helps you in relaxation during the migraine.

In any type of migraine, a daily practice of yoga for 15 to 20 minutes will help you. You can find the information about yoga asanas on sites. There are many sites that rovide brief introduction about yoga and its practices.

You will definately feel the change in migraine after yoga. [​IMG]

8. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Heena,

I will suggest u for migraine u please go to some homeopathic doctor there are good medicines in homeo my husband can suggest medicine but u r in different medical condn and we don't know ur condn. In Blore i know Dr. Munnavar sultana sheikh a female practitioner of homeopathy specializes in female problems she couriers medicine if u want her e-mail id i will get u within a week.

bye
    padma

1 person likes this.
  9. helloyoga

helloyoga New IL'ite

hi...

I think person should avoid medicines for the stress related peoblems. Exercises and some change in lifestyle can help better in improving the condition.

Self help is the biggest help to remedy any disease. And change in lifestyle and scheduled plan of exercises can improve the condition.

There are many specifics asanas in yoga for migraine and headaches. Yoga is also recommended to doctors.

The biggest thing is it do not have any side effects. Any one can do it anytime. For stress related problems yoga helps a lot as it give relaxation to mind and body. The practitioner feels re-engergized after yoga.

Just give it a try.

10. sangeetaverma

sangeetaverma New IL'ite

Migrane problem

Hi everbody
    I am suffering from migrane problem. If anyone have any suggestion to get rid off this please let me know.

Thanks
    sangeeta

1 person likes this.