Bahrain Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. highwaystar

highwaystar Senior IL'ite

HI Ladies...

I will be shifting to Bahrain soon.So can someone help me about the place.Howz Bahrain life.Are there good medical hospitals (Specially Indian Docs.)Howz the market currently in bahrain.
    Can I get a good rented flat for say 150BD.
    I heard the cost of living is less compared to dubai and so?Is it so?
    Guys any more details about Bahrain do let me know.I hope I can find many Indians.Any temple in Bahrain.

Love:thumbsup
    Preeti.

2. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Hi preeti,

Welcome to Bahrain. It is a nice place to live in. Quite peaceful compared to life in Dubai (by the way my brother was in Dubai for more than 8 years).

You have good hospitals here like KIMS, Americal Mission Hospital, with Indian Doctors.

Rent is high now. You are right, previously you could get for BD 150, but now nothing less than BD250. Better to go for company accommodation.

Cost of living is now little high, previously it was less compared to Dubai. It depends upon the individual.

There are lot of Indians here and 4-5 temples are there.

Hope i have covered all the points. If you want to know anything specific, do let me know.

Regards,

Raji

3. highwaystar

highwaystar Senior IL'ite

Hi Raji,

Thanks a lot for the info provided.It really made sense to read the information you provided as atleast I have an idea in hand.Anyways I think I have done with almost all the queries but if I have any I shall post it.Once again thanking you.So have you been to Dubai?Where in Bahrain do you live?

Cheers!!!
    Preeti.

4. vasu95

vasu95 New IL'ite

HI !

Iam Vasundhara, mother of 8 year old daughter. She is studying in The New Indian School. We stay in East Riffa. We are in Bahrain for past 2 years.

We are associated with Art of Living Group here.

:) Vasundhara.

5. agathiyan

agathiyan Junior IL'ite

Ladies from Bahrain Introduce yourself

Hi all,

ladies from Bahrain are most welcome ! You can introduce your self .

6. Thanajmaan

Thanajmaan New IL'ite

hi ..i have been living in bahrain practically all my life! i did my schooling in the Indian school, then got y degree from a university here. gr8 place, gr8locals...the best in the GCC !! nice shopping places, gr8 hospitals, lots...lots of indians, esp gujaratis and malayalees...have fun here..lots of mosques, temples and churches! considering its only 644sqkm!!!

7. sudha26

sudha26 New IL'ite

HI ! i just joined the IL ..nice to see so many ladies frm here.i am a homemaker living with hubby and 4 yr old daughter.wd like to make friends .

1 person likes this.
  8. bhuvani1

bhuvani1 New IL'ite

hi,
    i am living in bahrain for the past ten years. i am in manama. i would like to have more friends. but how to contact? i love bahrain its a beautiful place.

1 person likes this.
  9. bhuvani1

bhuvani1 New IL'ite

hi i saw somwbody inviting for navratri . iam doing the same all you people for the coming navratri. itherwise also i would like to get in touch wiyh all you people personally would like to know your views on this.

1 person likes this.
  10. bhuvani1

bhuvani1 New IL'ite

Re: Ladies from Bahrain Introduce yourself

hi
    iam bhuvana. iam living in bahrain for the past 10years. ihave 2 daughters. my husband is working in an university. iam an insurance advisor.