1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

electric griddle

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by chaaral, Jun 3, 2009.

1. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Do u use electric griddle and is it worth to buy? i saw rectangle electric griddle, which has adjustable temp setting and easy for making dosa, pancakes, toasting bread etc.
    is square better or rectangle ones better?
    how often do u use it or is it just a waste?

Pls suggest.

TIA

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have an electric wok and an electric frypan. I opted for frypan over griddle because you can cook main dishes in it. The griddle would be great for pancakes, french toast, grilled sandwiches, cutlets, etc. I think that if you are going to cook breads on it, you should use a little oil to keep the non stick from getting burnt.

3. saritaji

saritaji New IL'ite

Hi Tia, On top of the uses that you listed, I use mine at least once a week to grill veggies and use them in either sandwiches or pasta or salads. It is a great way to use the veggies in a healthy way, and cooking is fast too. It was a great addition to my kitchen.

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The great advantage of these electric appliances is the close control of temperature. If the pan starts getting colder then automatically more heat is applied to the pan. When I use the electric wok for frying in oil, I can turn to 375F and it stays at the perfect temperature. An additional advantage is portability if you are travelling: one rice cooker and one electric wok and you can conquer the world. :rotfl

5. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Thankyou Saritaji and Tashi.
    Yes the main reason for me to get one is the portability. i takemy rice cooker while travelling and cook food in that and it works out great.

Tashi, what is the difference between electric wok and frying pan? is it a skillet? wok is like our kadai or the chinese type, but frying pan is it like a skillet or more deeper?

i think if i get a electric skillet still i can make roti or pancakes in it when travelling? only i wont be able to make more like in griddle right?
    which brand is the wok and where did u get it?

Thanks!