1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

paddy's plight with height

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmini, May 22, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear loony,
    Oh dear, I feel so happy that you are of my category but 1" taller.Your words of appreciation about my post made me fly in air to greater height. ( not my height)your mentioning of the proverb gives me some encouragement. I believe it is true.:)how is your cute kutti pappa? thank you very much dear, for your motivating and nice feed back.
    with love
    pad

2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Amma,

WOW!! Excellent and awesome post! [​IMG]

I was laughing the whole time when reading this post, especially loved the comparisons you had made like lilliputan and Krishna in viswaroopam etc. [​IMG]

I can imagine you standing in the kitchen and trying to reach the shelves at the top, and calling appa for help! [​IMG]

More than that, I am so overwhelmed to see such lovely and encouraging fb's for this post. Many of us can probably identify with what you were/are going through and couldn't help but come out with more appreciation for you.

Just like your theory to look slim, this post has once again proved that it doesn't matter about the appearance, but more about how we interact with each other. You've already reached great heights by your warm and humourous anecdotes right from day one! We feel light and happy after reading your posts!!

Congratulations for making it to the FP for this month and keeping my fingers crossed for your win!

On second thoughts, it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, you've already won the hearts of many IL'ites here! [​IMG]

Keep going and [​IMG]!!

Love
    Jithiks

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear jithiks,
    I am now in cloud nine after seeing your feed back. whenever, I begin to write a post, I am thinking of you. because of you i got introduced to this wonderful forum and the encouragement you gave me , made this possible. So you had a hearty laugh, imagining me standing in the kitchen and begging for "Appa"s help. I am very happy to note that you liked my comparisons also and enjoyed. As you say, i derive a great pleasure by the fbs and the fact that I am able to find place in theILites.I am also keeping my fingers crosses. but at the same time, getting a great height in the heart of ILites
    itself is winning the F.P. so no matter I win or not. thank you dear for your motivating, encouraging and lovely feed back.
    with love
    pad

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Just loved the way you narrate aunty...........wonderful !!!!!!!!!!

Laughed a lot :rotfl:rotfl:rotflreading the whole narration especially the dialogues of your mom and "suprabaadham"....

You sure have talent......to keep IL friends hooked to what you write and keep waiting for posts from you....

convey love to your lovely krishna ok.:)

-love and regards always
    sunitha

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear sunitha,
    Indeed it is a great pleasure seeing your appreciating words about my post. I feel very happy to know that you enjoyed the comments also. still i remember( though i am a grand ma now)my mom's face with all the happiness!!!
    You sure have talent......to keep IL friends hooked to what you write and keep waiting for posts from you....
    dear really thease words made my day and made me dumbfounded. thank you very much for your motivating and lovely feed back.
    with love
    pad

6. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear padmini,
    What a delightful post!Accept compliments from your twin,Iam also as tall as you are.
    Exactly 5 feet.In my younger days I used to fret a lot about this lack of height,not anymore,for my DH is 5'3 or 5'4''.So it has suited me.
    In my kitchen I have aranged things in such a way that I can take them easily besides necessity is the mother of invention,I have expertised the art or science of pulling down the dubbas kept at a height using ladles.

When I request my dh to help me bring down a container kept on the top shelf,he feels so proud,"you should thank your stars that you married a taller person"preens he.
    Your grandson is a sweetheart to have made you feel light at heart.
    So what if we are short?moorthy siridhanalum keerthi peridhu.Am I not right.

lots of love
    mithila kannan

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear mithila,
    seeing you here after along time raises my pleasure to a great height!( not our height)so we will satisfy ourselves by the thought that" though we are short in thinking we are in great height!!!!( please ILites, who are tall kindly excuse me!!! this the only way I can console myself.You are so lucky to have that kind of DH, who is so kind enough to help his better half:). That day because of my grand son I came to my senses. thank you so much dear, for stepping in and giving a motivating and encouraging feed back.
    with love
    pad

8. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Dear amma,

First accept a big hug for presenting this in a humorous way. Only you have the capacity of converting :frown: into :rotfl.

why worry about height when you have reached greater heights in our hearts..

Yes you are slightly short but did that stop you from achieve things? In fact it urged you to reach greater heights.

We don't see your height amma, all we see is that you are an affectionate and a warm person.

You carry yourself very well with all ages. You talk philosophy at the same time discuss about movies and politics and go down to the level of kids and play with them. Many have the talents but not good in presenting it but you are blessed with both.

You started with sentiment then continued with humor and ended up with a message. You carry the same level of enthusiasm from the start to the end. Not only in IL but in personal life too.

No wonder this got nominated to FP of the month. Keeping fingers crossed for your win!

Love,
    Shruthi

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear shruthi,
    seeing the appreciating words, you have poured in your reply made me dumbfounded.not only that I touched the sky with my height(!)The words coming from your heart made my day. I do not have any words to express my feelings made by your reply. Even I am also keeping my fingers crossed. I am not going to feel much if I do not get it.
    When I get these lovely words from DIL make me feel that I reached a greater height. thank you very much for your
    motivating , lovely feed back.
    with love
    amma.

10. Evergreen

Evergreen Senior IL'ite

Dear Paddu ma,

I Became your fan after reading theory to look slim. But dint do any posts to your writings. Today i wanted to share my feelings.

You just resemble my mom, in height, weight, humor, and in sportiveness. who ever sees my mom they will pour their sarrows and get relaxed. My mom then says "am i a post box to all your sarrows?". Many times i ask her to visit the site and get interact with friends here. But she is yet to taste this joy in IL.

I am missing my mom as there is a net problem in their house, for past 1 month. And my DH is like "why do you call your mom unnecessarily, when there is nothing to talk. Simply you call, just keep on talking something blah blah blah and waste my money".

So when i am so depressed only i give a ring and talk countable words.

Rest of time, i peep into your msges and get the feeling of talking to my mom. Only few people have this sort of unconditional love to others.

Love
    Evergreen

Sainath Maharaj Ki Jai.