June 2009 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SANARUN, Oct 30, 2008.

1. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Updates from my end

My weight, BP, Sugar, Hb level ------ Normal
    Amniotic fluid level ------------good
    Baby's head position is down but not fixed yet
    Baby weighs - 3.1 kg

I just need to carry 2 night gowns, toileteries and 1 set of dress for the baby...rest will be provided by the hospital. My doctor didn't conduct any internal examination this time......escaped............. I have got my next appt on June 2nd. She didn't recommend epidural as she belongs to old school of thoughts...but she said they will numb down there once active labour begins and i just need to follow their instructions:spin:spin:spin and i m planning to have my husband in the labour room to offer me moral support......hope it wont' be the other way round. I am a kind of person who doesn't like to lose control over my emotions......dunno what is in store for me when the pain starts?????

What have you planned?? Shall update again after my next appointment.

Take care all.

Luv,
    sangi:thumbsup

2. apharnashri

apharnashri New IL'ite

Hi Guys,
    Sorry for the long silence. Hope everyone is doing good . I am nearing my due date (6th June). For the past 2 to 3 weeks, my BP shooted up and this week, they found that my urine had some protein content. So I was sent to hospital for fetal monitoring and everything seems to be fine. blood, urine results were so far good. I was sent back home yesterday and had to go back to hospital for a Non-stress test on Sunday. Hopefully everything will be fine. Just pray for me. I am sorry that I couldnt send detailed mail personally to each and everyone of you due to lot of mental disturbances. Apologize for the same. Will keep u posted .....
    Cheers,
    Apharna

3. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Just saw Nakshatra's message in birth announcment section. She delivered a baby girl on 23rd May thru C-section. FYI.

Hi Aparna,

Relax dear. I can understand what you are going through now. Just hang on for a week and you are there. Shall certainly pray for you. All the best to you aparna.

Luv,

sangi:cheers

4. swethu_v

swethu_v Junior IL'ite

Thanks Sangi and Sheela.....I really enjoyed the surprise baby showers...:) My mother is here and she has taken over the cooking department. I am enjoying home food....The doctor did the group B strep test and it came out negative. Off late I have been noticing some swelling in my feet if I walk a lot. So the doc has asked me not to exert myself too much. I have also been gaining a lot of weight in the last couple of weeks...Looks like the LO is eating my quota as well...:D

Sangi, it is good that everything is normal with you as well...Touch wood...Has your belly dropped yet...

I am planning to take the following things to the hospital: Night dresses, slippers, a pair of clothes to come home, toiletries (dont forget a lip moisturizer...I believe ur lips go very dry during labour), a pair of clothes for the baby, laptop (I need to add the baby to the insurance and probably send pictures to our friends), some snacks for ur partner.

My friend also suggested me to ask the doctors to prescribe stool softeners and pain killers. I believe when you breastfeed initially, the uterus contracts and it hurts. She also asked me to buy the following cream for sore nipples:
    Lansinoh Brand Lanolin Topical Breast Cream - 2oz. - Lansinoh Laboratorie - Babies "R" Us

I hope the rest of the mommies are doing good.

All of you take care,
    Swetha.

5. sangsrini

sangsrini New IL'ite

Hi all,

sorry there has been a long silence from my side. i am in chennai and 38weeks , eagerly waiting to see my LO. We approaching our due date month with lots of complications. I visited the dr, she did i9nternal check and told my cervix has not ripened. so another week more.

but feeling very tired, heavy, insomnia and anxious aboutthe labour.

congragulations to nakshatra for the arrival of her little baby girl.

hope everyone is doing good and all the best for happy delivery.

bye
    sangeetha(sangi 2)

6. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Wish You All June Mommies Safe Delivery.

Good Luck :thumbsup

7. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

My check-up this week went on well. Had a detailed US. The baby has already attained full growth and weighs 3.8kgs :spin:spin:spin. But it is in the genes...My hubby and his sister weighed 10 & 9 pounds respectively. Though the doctor was bit concerned about it..she got convinced when arun told his birth weight to her.

The funny part is, she conducted a c-section last week and the baby weighed 5.4 kgs (6th baby of the mother)...so probably she is used to all this.

I m just keeping my fingers crossed and have kept the hospital bag ready. She said she will conduct an internal examination next week to check the cervix and pelvic floor. I am requesting my LO to make it just before my mother arrives. She is here on 13th. Dont' know whether mine has got the patience to wait for her ammamma.

I have arranged for a massage lady for two months ( for me and baby as well)..as i m planning to take the baby to India by 2nd or 3rd week of August.

Hi swethu,

Ummmm...., nothing like mom's food. I don't know whether my belly has dropped down..i m not able to make it. It all looks the same to me. My doctor has advised me to walk a loooottttttt or threatened to do a C-section. In this part of the world, doctors must provide a valid reason to the health department if they conduct C-section...so i don't feel threatened but weight of the baby bothers me a bit. If my LO is going to grow at this rate...i think she will surpass her father and aunt (touchwood). Even, i have packed exactly the same in my hospital bag. Have bought 2 packs of sanitary napkins from Mothercare which doesn't have this dry-weave sheet, if i find it good...planning to buy more of it. Lemme see.

Hi sangi(2),

Hang on...we are almost there. I too have insomnia these days...we can't help it dear..the reason being both physical and emotional. Take care.

Hi archana,

Thank you so much for your wishes.

Hi sheela,

I expected you to spend some time here as your mom is with you. Still busy chatting with her, eh??? How did your check-up go? Updates, please????

Take care and am praying for all of us.

All the best.

Luv,

8. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hi All June Mommies,
    Here is my update: my weekly check ups are going on smoothly.Once she checked my cervix and it was very uncomfortable. The Doctor skipped it this time.My belly seemed to be dropped a little bit, thanks to my little boy, am able to breathe freely.He is head down and am waiting for the final moments.

Hi Sangi,
    Nice to hear that ur scan went on well.Dont worry much abt the weight and try not to get these things into your head.In my child birth class the nurse told me that the baby will be 90 % like how the father was during his birth.So for you its quiet normal.Stay cool.Good that u have arranged for massage ladies.Yeah as u said am enjoying mom's food and relaxed a lot. I have put some of my baby shower pics in my profile.Have a look and let me know the comments.

Hi Archana,
    Thanks a lot for your wishes................

Hi Sangi(2),
    I too feel tired, restless, do not get sleep much in nights, a lot of changing emotions, but i divert myself by doing some small cleaning works in home, arranging baby things, packing hospital bag and so on..........
    I jus think about all works to be completed before delivery...........in my home i take care of all admin works like bills, banks, checks so i am completing everything for the next three months so i can be relaxed.

Hi Sweth,
    I have uploaded pics.Do visit my profile and pass on your comments. hope you are too enjoying mom's food. Thanks for ur tips reg the sore nipples cream.My friend who delivered last week also insisted me to buy this. Have u bought the baby vaseline. It helps a lot with diaper rashes and small items like this we tend to forget. I am also ready with my hospital bag:).

Hi apharna,
    Hope u are doing fine. Do update us whenever u find time.
    I will pray for you to have a happy and safe motherhood.

Hey Nisha,
    whats up? update us whenever u find time............

Take care all of youuuuuuuuuuuuuu...................

9. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi Sheela,

You look so calm and serene. Are you always like that or is it your mom's presence???? Totally relaxed mom. But you dont show much, generally boy babies don't show much (according to grandmother's tales). Did you take the pics of preg belly too? I have taken enough and ofcourse still continuing to show it to the baby. Even, i have bought baby vaseline instead of cream for nappy rash. Suddenly from this noon i feel that my belly has dropped. Am not able to c the belly button comfortably as like before. Did you c your LO in US this time? The radiologist who attended to me had enough patience to explain even the minutest detail.

I have kept everything ready to be packed in the bag but didn't do the actuall stuff, somehow feeling insecured to do that. Shall do it the day before my amma arrives.

Do drop into the forum whenever you get time...you may have some birth announcement story to read.

Take care.

All the best.

Luv,

10. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hey Sangi,
    That was a super quick feedback from u.Thanks:).
    Yes as u said i am always relaxed and calm.But there are times when i get extremely tensed. My friends used to call me as the mature mother hen who takes care of them all.I too have taken many pics in all angles.This Sunday is our third wedding anniversary and we r planning to take a portrait picture.:)
    Good that ur belly has dropped a little.Way to go.................
    Here Doctors do not do any US at the end.I asked my dr abt it and she said only on my due date or after that she will arrange for one,if necessary.

I do visit the forum regularly...........only lazy to post.

Take Care