1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

5 Month sleeping on her tummy at night!!!!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by dsrini, May 22, 2009.

1. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi

My second one is nearly 5 month old & during midnight she turns to her tummy by herself & sleeps well. We (myself & my DH)don't get good sleep because we keep turning her, mainly because of the SIDS fear.

But my mom says if a Baby turns by herself then there is nothing to worry.

Please pour some suggestions on this.

Thanks in Advance

Dhivya

Last edited: May 22, 2009

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Dhivya, I don't have any experience with this but why don't you try a sleep positioner? It is like a pad with two little pilloes on each side and that will help baby stay on her back.

3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi Dhivya,
    How are u ?I have been out of forums for sometime. Your daughters look beautiful.Mine was always tummy sleeper. I don't remember when she started that habit. What kind of mattress do you use ?
    Thanks
    Mangai

4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

My son did the same when he was around 4.5 months. He WOULD NOT SLEEP until and unless on his tummy, if we placed pillows to prevent him from turning over to his tummy he would scream and cry until we let him turn over. doc said to let him sleep on his tummy since most kids who turn over can also turn back if necessary. that's the advice given in the book "what to expect in the first year" as well. so don't lose sleep - she should be just fine sleeping on her tummy. my son is now 9 months and he is a tummy sleeper.

5. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

hi,
    my daughter also use to sleep continously on tummy after @4-5 months but after 3- 4 months she sleeps properly and only some times on tummy......so don't worry ....they find comfort for them.......

6. camayluxdove

camayluxdove New IL'ite

Even my son would sleep on his tummy at 3-5 mths but nowadays he sleeps on his back.
    We need worry less of SIDS when they are able to rotate and turn themselves during sleep.

7. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Thanks all for your help. I tried to make her sleep in sleep positioner but she came out of it very easily when she was just couple weeks old so I stopped using it.

Last week I asked her Ped & he said its absolutely fine & not to worry about it.(as you all said)

Thanks again to all of you.

Dhivya

8. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dhivya;
    Chinnu also does the same. Initially, I used to pull her back to position, but she again come back to same position. Finally I concluded that maybe it is in her genes, coz I sleep on my tummy most of the time:).
    -Nitha