1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Not eating properly(5.5 months)

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Chinju, May 25, 2007.

1. Chinju

Chinju Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I am new to this site and I like it very much!!!

By Gods grace, I delivered a baby girl on the New Year day (Jan 1, 2007) and now she is 5.5 months old. When she was born she was only 2.8 and
    I didn’t have milk to give her. After having tablets I nursed her only for one and half months. After that I didn’t have milk so we gave Lactogen.
    From her 4<SUP>th</SUP> month onwards we started giving her Ragi kanchi and Banana powder. She started eating properly for a month, but during a fifth month she is not eating anything
    Only drinking Lactogen. I am worried that she is not eating anything and again she is loosing her weight. Also I am worried that she didn’t get enough mothers milk as
    Other kids get. Will this cause any problem later(physical or mental).

Please help me how can I make my daughter eat properly grew well like other kids. As of now I don’t find any problem with her other than that she is not so chubby.

Thanks.

2. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

I think you shouldn't worry about the baby not having enough mother's milk since that is gone now, and she is ok, and many other babies don't have mother's milk and they are ok. You should worry and concentrate in the present situation and see if the milk you're giving is the one for her age. Second you should see if she is not bored with food and try new things. Babies have these things! I think that at 6 months babies can already have a big diversity of simple food. She is developing her own taste as well.

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Chinji,

I think Anamika is correct. Dont worry. If she is active there is no problem. But you consult your doctor for this. :yes:

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear chinju,
    my first daugter was exactly like ur little one, first change the lactogen to a better one, this is only for children below 5 months, so the fat content and other protein and minerals are less, then i think just give her the cereal mixing it with milk, they love it more than anything else, u can try fruit juices, but alway put it in a sipper they love it that way, slowly bring out of the feeder bottle which is their attachment, so anything given in that they become comfortable, try doing it, may be u will start enjoying making cereal with fruitjuices, and so many other combinations, but there too my daughter was only for milk and farex diluted in feeders..best of luck..

5. Chinju

Chinju Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Thanks a lot for your advises.

6. indhumathi

indhumathi New IL'ite

Hi Chinju,

Dont worry about the breast feeding,Many of the babies are there like ur baby.I think your baby might get bored to have lactogen, kanji,etc..which u r giving now.
    You first consult your doctor and ask him, whether u can give semi-solid and solid foods to ur baby.If he says ok, then use some of the receipies which i had given to my baby.
    1.Boil vegetables like carrot,potato and smash it and feed ur baby.Also you can feed the boiled & smashed apple.
    2.Prepare soup using with some vegetables and use pepper and salt for taste and feed ur baby.
    3.Prepare soup using with greens and use pepper and salt for taste and feed ur baby.
    4.Smash idly using mixer grinder and feed ur baby.
    Dont rely only on lactogen and cerelac...give avin milk.

dont feel about the weight as far as ur baby is active.

bye,
    Indhumathi

7. Chinju

Chinju Senior IL'ite

Hi Indu,
    Thanks a lot for consoling me regarding the feeding problem i have.

My Doctor has advised me not to start with semi solid food until she is 7 months old. But my mother has started giving my kid ragi kanji alone. Once we start giving the semi solid foods, i shall follow your tips and give her.

When i give avin milk she was suffering from colic and use to cry a lot. After changing to Lactogen only she is ok.

Thanks,
    Chinju.

8. indhumathi

indhumathi New IL'ite

Dear Chinju,
    U follow ur doctor's advice.Since i am working , i could not give breast feed fully after 4 months.for fifth month mu mother-in-law gave milk and nestum only.We started to give semi solid food from 6th month itself.but u can give soups which i have said.

if ur baby does not like avin milk,then leave it.dont force ur baby.

bye from,
    Indhu