1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 8

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 15, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpavalli,
    Thanks for those great words. Inter connecting epics and social issues is the job of a packer and a mover. What does a mover do? He moves the household articles from let's say Chennai to Madurai. Similarly I am moving the gems in our epics and in our tradition to the modern day society. Unlike the usual packer I had to have very special packing material as I am sort of travelling in time. Malya and KG are specimens of special packing materials.

I have also heard of this version of Draupathi's sharanagathi. In the deepest part of our mind we have some doubts even about God's saving powers. Draupathi should have known how could a frail woman's hand hold against a mighty king. We should also reckon the fact that God has the perfect liberty to let us down as well. If we insist that God has to save us because we have surrendered, then that surrender is not total. It's conditional. It's like Poolan Devi surrendering to the police. She said that all the cases against her should be dropped. That was a condition for her surrender.
    As we surrender at His lotus feet we should think for a moment, whether we are Draupathi or Poolan Devi.

And PS, the concluding episode is very important as I am fully unpacking the items only today. At 5 30 IST. Please stay tuned.
    love,
    sridhar

2. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Dear Sirdhar,

Your each episode carries a moral values.

If we surrender ourselves completely to HIM then we can be rest assured of him helping us.

Regards

3. varalotti

Dear Sowmya,

thanks for the fb. This is a series on God! God is in the name, in the content as well as in the hearts of all of those who read it.

The surrender to God should be total. Even to expect that He would help us would make the surrender tainted with a little selfishness.

The concluding part of this story is going to appear in three hours from now. Stay tuned.
    thanks once again for the kind fb.
    love,
    sridhar

4. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

well sri
    i really like ur sharanagathi principle.
    first draupadi's and then urs
    luv
    krips
    indhu madam there is a word khayali pulav.
    it means coking well only in thinking.
    we all know sri is a master cook in that category.
    just do not let him off easy

5. varalotti

well, kripa madam, even without your instigation Indhu Madam has staked her claim for ice-cream. In all probability I will have to take her out today.
    But I owe a big thanks to you. I learnt about khayali pulav from you today. You have filled up some gaps in my education.
    I googled that term and came out with many interesting findings.
    love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

The time is 5:25 pm. The weather in Madurai is quite pleasant as we have been having intermittent rains during the last few days. Added to that there is always the ever-present breeze which has softened the effect of a typical Madurai summer.

Malya's story comes to an end with this part. But I will be continuing in the same story line (Yamini's laptop being affected by virus..etc) in the next episode as well.

Two things, dears. Number one, I have tried my best to pack one of the precious jewels of our divine literature. It is for you to identify it and make it your own. May you all be blessed.

Second, after a long gap we have an epilogue this time. Which only means that Varalotti is demanding more of your time. Be prepared to give.

Have a nice time, a great week-end. Please do take care.

love,
    sridhar

7. Sudhamayee

Sudhamayee New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

That was really a wonderful episode. I really dint expect the story of Draupathi. May more and more wonderful stories about the Lord's love come from ur pen.

Thanks a lot
    Sudha

8. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Accha!
    Hari Om..

Overall the episode not only touches our heart but it is great refreshment for our soul too.

"We are not punished by God for our sins. We are punished by the sins themselves."
    <?xml:namespace prefix = u1 /><u1:p></u1:p>
    I believe that it is not an ordinary statement; it is a line that explains thousands of unrevealed questions in our life.

Great take accha!

Take Care..

Love,
    Vashini

9. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    Please forgive me for completely omitting your fb. The problem is that I lost track of fb posted after I made the announcement for the next episode.

I am happy that you found the story of Draupathi appealing in this context.

thanks sudha.

love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear DD Vashini,
    Hari Om.
    Nice to hear such great words from one's Mol.

I am thrilled to see that these lines have impacted you so much. To tell you the truth it is these lines which set me firmly on His path of love. Till I read, understood and appreciated the meaning of this statement, I was thinking of God as a kind of school master or a despot. Only after that did I begin to understand that he is love himself.

thanks once again, Mol.
    love,
    your acchan