1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Neck pain

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by kalps, Feb 27, 2007.

1. kalps

kalps New IL'ite

hi,

i am suffering from neck pain for past twenty days.I have applied pain releiving oinments.But nothing is working.Can anybody tell me some ways to get rid of it?

Thanks
    Kalps.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Kalps,

Try a warm pack, these days u get microwave neck pillows. I get neck pain often. I use Iodex, apply a hot pillow and eat two Brufens. (Eat Brufen based on yr body, allergy etc).

Hope u get relief soon.

3. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Kalps
    You can also try sleeping on hard surface without pillows and doing gentle neck exercises in the morning ( up, down, sideways in slow movements)
    If you have a sedantary lifestyle, check the back of your chair and your posture.

Wishing you speedy recovery
    Manjula

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear kalps:
    First if it due to some posture, you have to correct your posture.

If you have somebody who can apply for you. you have to apply this correctly.
    1. take some til oil. add moov/pain releiving oinments and just warm it.
    take it in your palms and apply on the neck from the base of your head, to your shoulders. You can massage lightly, apply slight pressure from the neck and move it down,through your shoulders and hands. (best done when you are lying on a flat surface with your face down and relaxed.)

2. if there is somebody to help. just take some hot rice in a small cloth (which is of no use.) tie it. and give a heat compress. If there is no hot rice. take some atta. keep it on hot tava and take the compress.

3. then take a nice hot bath.

This really helps. dont use pain killers until it becomes unbearable.
    if it continues, go for accupressure. it really works wonders on these kind of pains.

hope it helps.

shanthi

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  5. Susi_jam

Susi_jam New IL'ite

Dear Kalps,

I heard from my office team that a new cream called "Biofreeze" does wonders for the neck pain. Biofreeze is not available in CVS etc. Either try in a neighborhood pharmacy store or you can order in from Internet. Hope it helps and feel better.

With Love Susi

6. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Hi kalps,

I had the same problem a year back ..one morning i woke up with a severe neck pain which continued for 2 weeks ..i first tht it to be sprain but when it didn’t go....my doc said it is Spondylitis and advised me to go to physiotherapy ....
    I went for daily for a week then I was alright ...but still continued the therapy for a month ...and now I am alright...
    That center where I went ...they really do miracles :)

I stopped using pillows (I cannot sleep without pillow <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\q00143\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>...that was the price I paid for my job)..got a nice chair in the office ...and started doing simple exercise which that therapist taught me ..
    I still get pain sometimes ....but I keep doing those simple exercise and it goes of in a days ...

Go to a doc and get rid of u r problem asap ...become if it get worse u might start feeling giddy all the time which will affect u r daily routine.

7. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kalps,

You can do yoga pranayam and the neck exercise which go with it.
    That helps and it has been my experiance.
    Slowly breathe in and bend your head backwards as much as it goes , hold it for a few counts like 5. Then slowly bring it back to the position and continue moving your head downwards it your forehead touches the chest. Hold it like that for 5 counts. Keep doing it daily atleast twice.
    Then slowly rotate your neck from right to left and then from left to right. It'll surely help your spondylitis. But you have to do very slowly and do not hurt your neck more .

Latha :wave

8. helloyoga

helloyoga New IL'ite

Hi Kalps.......

Yoga can really help you. It is very effective in these kinds of pain. You can try simple neck movement exercises like forward bending, backward bending, neck rotation etc...do these slowly and with eyes open. Do not close the eyes while practicing neck movement exercises.

Also, change your chair and sitting posture...do not sit straight for long hours or keeping the neck in same direction for long tme.

Keep changing your postures in short spans. as sitting at one place in a same posture creates strains in different parts of the body like..neck, lower back, knees, and leg etc.

if needed give a massage to the neck. It also shows good results in pain.

Hope this will help you. :wink:

9. vidraghav

vidraghav New IL'ite

hi,

even i had the same problem....i used to get severe neck pain everyday....later i found out that it is becoz of stress and fat accumulation around my neck...i started some neck exercises regularly and now am fine.....i think u must try this out....if not you can consult a doctor...

take care
    vidya

10. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

i read all mails regarding this neck problem so i would like to say please dear ladies dont neglect this pain and just dont take any home remedy just like that. if u r gaining weight then go for weight loosing regime. My mom also got this problem 10yrs back then she started taking pbrofen, dispirin she got relieve from pain but it was not a long term relief. Now she has got minor spondilytes and she is under special medical care through Apollo hospital. Our neck is junction for nerves connecting brain and spinal chord its very delicate matter. So please instead of going for home remedies please meet physiotherapist.

bye
    padma