1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

any CSI or NCIS addicts here?

Discussion in 'TV' started by freesia, May 8, 2009.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

NCIS...i luv it buh now i dont get that much time to watch it :( wen uni break i son im gonna go rent all the seasons and watch them hehehe ....i luv ziva !!!

2. freesia

freesia Bronze IL'ite

good to see there are some crime action lovers here. i have none in my circle.used to feel i am a weird one.

3. freesia

freesia Bronze IL'ite

hi s,

tell me a little about monk. i know it's popular series and i can google it but wud love to hear from a fan

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

I heard about Monk but never watched any of the episodes.

Hey , does anyone watch Ghost Whisperer ?

5. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hi Freesia, Sabitha,

I've seen one episode of 'Monk' about a year ago, but didn't find it appealing at all .. they make the other roles in the cast seem like 'nitwits', just to give more importance to the lead player. But I felt the lead actor very irritating in fact !
    I also managed one episode of 'Ghost Whisperer' while on a vacation & boy it was so predictable .. and Jennifer Love Hewitt's 'acting' Witsendwas even more annoying .....

I would rate CSI a cut above ----- keeps us hooked till the end ; but due to the very late night telecast time here, I barely manage an episode here & there .....:-(

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  6. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

:hiya Freesia, Sabitha,

Monk is suspense cum comedy you can watch in USA channel. It had 6 - 7 seasons already. I think the final season is coming this June.

The main character is 'Adrian Monk' (played by Tony Shalhoub), who has Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. He has about a million phobias! bonk He is an awesome SFPD detective until his wife is killed. He thinks it was intended for him. He loves his wife very much, he still wears his wedding ring! :bowdown He has a nervous breakdown. His OCD becomes worse. He could not figure out who killed his wife. He loses his job. His nurse (character not there any more) helps him a lot. So now he works as a pvt. detective. He has an assistant whom he never likes to pay! Drowning

Tony Shalhoub won 3 times - Emmy award for best lead comedy actor, Golden Globe award for best actor in TV series, Screen actors guild award for best actor, nominated for Emmy so many times. I think he deserves the awards! :hatsoff

Check out the libraries in your neighborhood. They may have the serial DVDs. Here, I found the link for you... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk_(TV_series)

I would watch Monk any date, any time! or should I say.... all days, all times! :rotflInfact, my whole family is stuck to the TV on weekends and holidays when they have 'Monk Marathon'. Big Laugh

HTH,
    Regards,
    Sharada

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  7. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

I love the Bourne Series too! They are so action packed, I love it! I have all 3 movies!

8. freesia

freesia Bronze IL'ite

mixed reviews about monk. maybe will catch one of those marathons and see for myself.

i watched house recently. man was that doctor rude and insensitive.the show itself felt uneasy like treatment is some experiment on patients.

Love the bourne series. Matt damon perfect for the character and convincing. i wud watch one anytime. love die hard ' bruce willis' too.

9. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Sosure ,

Thanks for the show synopsis.It is broadcasted here in UK but never got to watch any of the episodes.It is quite popular even here.

I am hooked to 'Lost' now.:)

Freesia, I watched only Die Hard -1 ..can't remember much except Bruce Willis and the last scene at the airport where he torches the runway.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  10. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

Hey ! me !me ! me ! me ! Iam an NCIS addict. Also I love to watch House:) I see NCIS only because i just love Mark !!!:wink: So handsome !!!:whistle On serious note, I love to watch crime solving serials..

Last edited: May 13, 2009