confused

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by orchids, May 4, 2009.

1. orchids

orchids New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Am new to this site...I'm a bit confused..Can anyone help me vt this....

Actually i have done my education in INDIA..Presently on H4 status in US..I want to continue my education further..So,i have approached few colleges..And they have told me that i must get my Degree evaluated here in US..

For getting my degree evaluated here in US,to apply in Universities for further education......
    --Is that ok,if i send my Graduation certificates to Evaluation Agency.
    ---OR Shud i also have to get my INtermediate n 10thclass also
    evaluated?

OR anyone has idea about Desi Agency for Evaluation..

Thanks,
    Orchids:)

2. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

:hiyaOrchids,

In US, schooling is for 12 yrs (10 + 2). Undergrad course is for 4 yrs. That makes 16 yrs of school/College for graduating. In India it is 15 yrs. (10+2+3). If you have PG in India (10+2+3+2), you will be a graduate in US. If you are a graduate in India + some years of experience, you may be considered to be a Graduate (I'm not sure about this!).Most of the evaluating firms are American. Each state has its own rules and policies. Only a few Indian Unversities are recognized. And I dont think there are any desi firms. But Indian recruiting companies (body shoppers), have links to these firms.

I think you should call these firms and ask them what are all the documents they need. Or go to their website and check it online. You may have to pay a small fee for the evaluation.

My BIL is a physical therapist. He got his qualification evaluated. I think Michigan, California and Texas are the liberal states. Let me talk to him and get back to you. :thumbsup

HTH,
    R,
    Sharada

Last edited: May 9, 2009