1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Immigrating to Canada through WWICS

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Rigama, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Rigama

Rigama New IL'ite

hi friends...would like to know if there is anyone who got immigrated to canada through WWICS.
    We have filed as skilled worker in dec 2005 and its in process..

Is there anyone who have already processed or processing through WWICS.Would like to share your experiece..

OTherwise how is the status of immigration now?is it in anyway affected by the global slowdown..??

2. lakshmi1965

lakshmi1965 New IL'ite

Dear Rigama,

can you please clarify that did you apply through WWICS in 2005 and still waiting for the result?

As fars wwics is concerned they are very professionals and they have an excellent reputation with Canadian High Commission that in most of their client's cases, even the Canadian High Commission's interview is waived for immigration. Their history is quite fast in getting immigration approval.

I stay in Qatar and previously was in Dubai and many people from GCC had migrated successfully to Canada.

3. Rigama

Rigama New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. If you dont mind can you let me know if you can give the contact details of people you know who have immigrated to Canada, preferebly from India?
    Yes we applied in 2005 and are still waiting..The Canadian high commission is not very quick at processing 2005 batches...So we are little upset as it is predicted that our cases will be processed and we will land only around 2012:bowdown..Thats going to be too late..
    My husband is a Technical Consultant(networking)/ Project Manager with 12 years of experience.
    We jus want to get in touch with people who migrated to Canada and know the current status. Also if we can search for a job now..how safe and reliable is it to try out now..etc..

PLEASE help me if possible:)!!

4. lakshmi1965

lakshmi1965 New IL'ite

Dear Rigama,

Actually my cousin is started the process very recently andnow he is in the stage of submitting police clearance and IELTS test appearing as advised by them. ANd also he has been informed within 15 to 45 days max he will receive the file number. I understand as per the new system of canadian immigration, you can get migrated between 6 to 18 months max.

As far as WWICS is concerned, they are quite oldest immigration consultants and in many cases CHC waives the interview for the customers of WWICS. The only concerned point, they charge for everything, like if you opt to hire them for post landing services as well, for even smallest assistance they will charge a fee, which is why generally customers they use their services till successful migration. Later on they manage on their own through friends and relatives.

As far as job is concerned, there is a mild effect due to Global crisis but be positive, because by the time you go there, may be the chances are better than those who land there before you.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way.
    regards,
    Lakshmi

5. Rigama

Rigama New IL'ite

dear lakshmi,

thanks for ur soothing reply..We got our file number in dec 2005.and now we are abt to appear for ielts. and ppl from wwics and also other sources told us that we can expect landing papers in 2010 or 2011.
    So we jus want to try our luck and try out a job there now.
    For that we would like to get in touch with Indians who are already there. Especially those who migrated and those in IT field.
    So jus wanted to know if you can provide any email id of any of ur friends who live there.
    Not a problem if it would not be possible.

Thanks again lakshmi

6. lakshmi1965

lakshmi1965 New IL'ite

Definitely I will try to source out through my known friends and will get their details shortly once I hear from them as I dont have with me right now.

As I am also under the same process, probably we both will get together the landing papers at the same time i.e 2010.

Probably by god's grace we could meet there. If I get my papers or any final update will definitely keep you posted.

With best regards,
    Lakshmi

7. Rigama

Rigama New IL'ite

Thats so nice of you lakshmi. Will surely stay in touch and see how things workout:).

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  8. lakshmi1965

lakshmi1965 New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. Have noted your id and have sent a acknowlegement mail to you.

Stay in touch though email.

regards
    Lakshmi

9. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

Even i applied in 2005 and thru WWICS only. it is said that it takes nearly 7-8yrs for people from india to receive the papers. so i have refiled the case in feb 2010 in the fast process by paying some fees to WWICs. they have listed some 32 professions for which the process is very fast. pls check if ur primary applicants profession is also listed and better do the same. in this process we are waiting to receive our medicals. chk with WWICS

10. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

hi all

i find no updates in this thread later than 2010. tell me ur current status

i received my medicals and sent my passport too. waiting for the stamping and landing paper. lakshmi and rigama pls update