Tips for starting a website

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by cukz, May 5, 2009.

1. cukz

cukz New IL'ite

Hi!
    I am a writer and I work from home. After writing for lots of website, I thought why not start one of my own...Basically would like to set up a website and place Google ads and affiliate ads to earn a revenue. Has anyone tried this before? Could you tell me if I could potentially earn something from this? Around how much money can I expect?

Thanks in advance:)

2. kavithaprabhu

kavithaprabhu New IL'ite

Hi

definitely there is a great potential on starting a website, also you have options to start selling web hosting space to your friends and customers..

i run a very profitable web hosting business since 2002..

With a minimal investment of just Rs. 9500, you can easily earn upto Rs. 2,50,000 per year (3000% returns), by reselling the webspace. We provide you all the support and technical guidance.

If you resell the above space at just Rs. 5000 per 1 GB, you easily earn Rs. 2,50,000 per year by reselling this space. So, after selling two packages, rest all is your profit!!

then why are you waiting.. start immediately..

3. cukz

cukz New IL'ite

Hi kavithaprabhu!
    Thanks a lot!
    I am very interested in your idea...could you give me more info?
    Btw, I am a Combatoreian too:)

4. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Hi KavithaPrabhu,

Thanks for your information. I am looking for this for my sister who lives in Chennai. Can you provide more insight on this? What are the pre-requisites in order to start this? How can you be contancted and is it best to contact you through IndusLadies?

Please address my questions.

Thanks a lot,
    Anabika

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  5. immaculate

immaculate New IL'ite

hi even i need more information on this work, pl guide me.

6. Jackson0

Jackson0 New IL'ite

If you want to try to make money from your own websites or blogs with Google ads and some affiliates, I'd suggest you to focus on niche and traffic first.
    Once you've got it with good traffic, you will then easier to make money with them.
    Do not put G ads, for a baby site as it will be like mfa which is not good:hide:

7. seemaa

seemaa Senior IL'ite

Hi Kavitaprabhu...I had heard about selling webspace and on reading your post and the ptential it has i got interested and was about to ask you how to go about it...but before wrting to u a thought crossed my mind to see your profile ...gosh Seeing your qualifications i got all deflated..hahahah tell me sincerely can i do it ..i am multitalented and very versatile ...want to earn from home ...and this interests me ...can you pleas help

8. inventsekar

inventsekar New IL'ite

you can easily earn upto Rs. 2,50,000 per year (3000% returns),
    is it so simple to earn 2and half lakh thru a website? i think its not so simple.

sorry to say this but its very difficult to earn that much.
    it depends...
    1. how good u r in writing
    2. the visitors count
    3. only google ads or local company ads also?
    4. should be good in online marketing..

With a minimal investment of just Rs. 9500
    it is only for website space or website designing also ?

i, myself bought some 1GB space on a website hosting friend of mine and it costs around 4k. i didnt create website completly..just, myself wrote few php and html scripts and started my site last month..just for my photography...(i dont know whether i can write the website name here or not...mods may delete it... so not writing... if u r good in puzzle, problem solving, find out my website name from my user id and the word "madras" )

in one month and one week, my site has got 2500 visits... that too, after lot of online marketing... (will tell that later..)
    if i have added google ads, 1000 visits per month, may be i iwll get very very less money.
    not even 1000Rs, i think...
    maybe, after few months and after making around 10thousand visitors, i would like to go for local ad guys ... google ads will be tuff, i think...not good income..but process is simple..

9. inventsekar

inventsekar New IL'ite

i am multitalented and very versatile
    you should find out which things u can upload in ur website...like writings, or photo or videos or something else...for example, i created my own site for my photo graphic skills and its doing bit okie now... 2500 visits in first month...not so bad...
    should attract visitors...that is very tuff task.
    then automatically u can earn.

All the best..

Regards,
    Sekar

10. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Thanks Kavitaprabhu and inventsekar.
    That was really good information.
    But can one of you guide us on how to go about this from the scratch ?