1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Support Group @ Chennai

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by duskpoem, Sep 20, 2007.

1. ShardaSuresh

ShardaSuresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chennai-ites

Would any of you be interested in joining a live weight loss group. Just a few of us can get together every week, weigh ourselves and discuss the week we have had. We can keep each other motivated this way.

You can PM me if you you wish.

Thanks

2. umarayan

umarayan Senior IL'ite

Hi
    please join me in this group i want to reduce weight.

thanks
    uma

3. margrat

margrat New IL'ite

Dear ILs,

I was also looking into loosing weight sometimes back n tried some diet programs including exercising. Nothing worked. I got so frustrated and gave up. One day i was browsing thru the net and found a Health Centre in New Delhi and just at that time I was planning a trip to Delhi. I made appt with the dietitian and paid a visit. They took my blood for test and measured every parts of my body, answered some questionnaires to find which constititution I am (Vata, Pitta & Kapha) to put me on right diet.

After coming back I hesitated to start because I am not used to the indian food which prepared the way in India as I am born n brought in Malaysia, a tipical Malaysian. Somehow, one fine day I started they diet. First 2 days were so difficult digesting the food and had to get up early yo prepare whole day meals. After one week i got ok with it... and my body started to adjust and start seeing the changes. I have to weight myself every 3 days to let my dietitian know on the progress, food allergies and so on.... I culd not believe when on the 3rd week, I lost 4.5 KGs and on the 4th week I lost complete 6KGs.

I was soooooooo happy and now I cud wear my old clothes. Snoring stopped, more energetic, active, face skin is smooth n clearer, happier and most of all I feel healthy. I took a break for a month which was in April due to some reasons. Bt gd news is I did nt gain wat I lost. If I noticed I hv gained I just hv to do a simple diet which is very applicable and result is soon. This is very healthy diet...I wuold rather say its good eating habit then diet cos I was thought what to eat and the reasons. I was 70KGs and now I am weight 64Kgs. I hv 6KGs to loose... Feeling lil lazy to start all over again but I want to. I will start again on Monday and so in June I will be a whole new person inwardly n ouwardly. :rotfl

My husband is very happy seeing me loosing because I was weighing 54KGs before marriage.

My suggestion is, find a gd dietitian who is there for you as a friens rather than just as business purpose. Be focused and determined.
    Wish you all the best.

Margrat

4. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Uma,
    you are welcome to our group. Please feel free to discuss your exercise regimen with us.Its all about sharing the workout methods so we can all benefit by this.

geevee :thumbsup

5. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Margaret,
    Iam also a Malaysian by birth but living in Chennai.Good to hear about your weight loss.Keep working out because exercising helps you keep healthy.Food habits aids in weight loss but nothing is on par with exercising.Please don`t give up.You have been successful at it so.............

geevee

6. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

dear geevee ,

i also walk on elliots beach only for about 40 mts daily in the morning. shall we meet there ? :)

BTW , have you tried any organic item sold there?

7. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hey Sadhana,
    Sure! We can meet up there. No,i haven`t tried any organic stuff. they sell these only on Sundays,right!
    Iam there from around 6.30 am to 7.10 am.I will be doing 2 rounds everyday.That takes care of 35 mnts of my walk.

geevee

8. taurean2977

taurean2977 New IL'ite

is the group still active?i would like to join .thx.

9. Kajoraj

Kajoraj New IL'ite

Hi Girls..

Is this thread active yet? if not can we activate it now.. would like to join hands with those who are willing to shed down the excess..

I have put on nearly 7 kgs after wedding and would like to shed then off before moving on..i have got loads of diet plans on hand but dint have the will power to follow any of them. As in i give up in very short period of time.

I have started the diet yet again with my next apartment aunt who also wants to reduce. So we have started to cook together and eat them together so we don't feel the loneliness. Please join hands and share ur ideas and tips for reducing..

10. sanjushiva

sanjushiva New IL'ite

:)
    Hi Gauri .. i was just going through the replies in these threads ... i too was trying to reduce my weight as i want to conceive and my doc has told me that i'll have issues in conceiving if i wont reduce my weight :-( and i'm desparately trying to conceieve.. i have done allthe check-ups . i had irregular periods but then i was under treatment for that and now its been normal from past 6 months... i have done the thyroid test and ultra sound scan everything is normal .. plsss help me out with a way to reduce my weight fast ..

Height : 5'3"
    weight: 79
    Periods now its like 29th -30th day

I would appriciate if you can suggest ways to reduce my weight. :help

Thanks and regards
    Sanju

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010