1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

immunity

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by rupashruti, Apr 30, 2009.

1. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hi all
    first of all let me intoduce myself i am rupa basically from mumbai but atpresent in abudhabi,my daughter is 4 years old but always catches cough whenver she goes to school.her immunisation is very weak whenever she is at home she is perfectly alright once she starts going to school the problem arises as i am a pure vegetarian i can"t give her any nonveg stuff for her immunity can anyone suggest some home remedies which i give her daily to boost her immunity
    thanks in advance
    regards
    rupashruti

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Rupa,

My son is 4 yrs old too and only since this winter he has been on and off cold too often. His doc said it's quite common for school-going kids of his age to catch cold. He told us not to give anti-biotic unless really serious because the immunity that they develop now is good for strengthening of their lymphatic system. Normally at the onset of rainy or cold season i give him Vit-C supplement; we get plant-based syrup here for kids.

Latha

3. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

thks 4 your reply lata
    rgds
    rupa

4. NidhiA

NidhiA Junior IL'ite

I have been reading on immunity for my son too who is almost 3 and was reading today that to boost immunity it is better to add more fresh fruits and vegetables and also reduce sugar intake. And the omega 3 fatty acids found in wild salmon or fish oil capsule are very good too. We give honey + kadukkayi or karakkayi powder to help control cough naturally as no medicine is recommended for young kids for cold and cough.

5. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

thanks nidhi for your info
    regards
    rupa