June 2009 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SANARUN, Oct 30, 2008.

1. apharnashri

apharnashri New IL'ite

Hi Guys,
    Apologize for my laziness. Have been feeling very tired offlate. Yeah, my mom is here with me and I am having lot of fun. She is not letting me do any work. Poor mom... I pity her but she enjoys helping me.
    My foot has swollen and my mom , its becos of too much of salt intake. I have reduced it but still the swelling is still there. It doesnt hurt anyway. I tried having barley water but I dont like it. Having frequent backpains as well.
    Hope everyone are doing fine and having fun .. Yeah !!! We are almost nearing our due dates... Cant wait to see my baby !!!!!!!!!
    And Thanks to Sangi, Sheela, Swetha & Mvish for enquiring about my baby shower. It went on very well , though with few people around. I would definitely post pictures. Give me some time.

Sangi, Nice to hear that you are feeling better. Could you make out the position of baby.. thats great... Hope your pain in the foot is better now. I feel better lying towards my left. But offlate I am having slight pains near the abdomen, slightly below the chest when I get up or when I lie down from bed. I am going to check with doctor regarding the same as this concerns me a lot.

Mvish,
    I am sure you would definitely enjoy our parents presence once they are here. They would be of so much help. I am feeling much better after my mom came. I have got around 12 weeks of Mat leave which is a STD. Even my work schedule is kind of relaxed now.
    Yes, I have started looking out for baby stuff. Had made a list and checking reviews online based on which we will buy.

Sheela,
    How r u feeling ?? Yep, I am feeling very tired offlate. Yep, started shopping and looking out for travel system now... Can anyone suggest a good brand ...
    As you mentioned, the list of things to buy for the baby is growing big. Hopefully I will have enough time to buy those before going into labour. I have
    One more class pending which is PRENATAL YOGA which is scheduled on 2nd May.

Swetha,
    Baby shower went on well. Thanks for enquiring. Hope you are doing well. What for is haemoglobin test ?? My doctor didnt suggest any test like that........ also I have asked my doctor for an ultrasound in 37th week. Also they will perform the Group B Strep Test in my next visit.

Hope all other mommies are doing well... Have fun.

Take care,
    Apharna

2. swethu_v

swethu_v Junior IL'ite

Hi Apharna,

I am doing good as well....just having pain in my legs because of the weight...My gynaec said she wanted to check the iron content in me...So she drew my blood last week...I heard towards the end of pregnancy the baby starts storing iron and the mother loses iron....She has also asked me to take a 36th week ultrasound to find out the position and weight of the baby.

I heard graco and chicco travel systems are pretty good. Most of my friends have one of these two brands. Just make sure that the car seat has a 5 point harness and comes with an additional padding for infants.

Here are some of the graco models:
    1. Graco Quattro Tour Travel System - Diaz
    Graco Quattro Tour Travel System - Diaz - Graco - Babies "R" Us
    2. Graco Quattro Tour Travel System - Boone
    3. Graco MetroLite Travel System - Utopia

In Chicco, I heard this model is good: Chicco Cortina KeyFit Travel System
    Welcome to Baby Depot - Cortina KeyFit Travel System

Hope the rest of the mommies are doing well.

Take Care,
    Swetha

3. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Good to read all your updates....
    Me , fine here, having allmost all symptoms that you have told
    Foot swelling, pain in my abdomen, discomfort while sleeping,
    sometimes feel like crying for no reason....
    Also, this chennai heat is just too much...
    Anyway, waiting to c my bundle of joy soon:)

then, last week , i 'd a scan, everything is ok, baby's position is already turned, head facing down.....
    My doc says, i could deliver even by the end of may, so high chances to be a May mommy

Another doubt, do you all switch sides by getting up from the bed & then turn towards your left / right?
    I heard, if we turn sides, just like that without getting up, the cord would get twisted arround the baby's neck.
    Is this true? :hide:

bye,

4. Jyothisri

Jyothisri Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I have not been back on this thread since a long time but as the due dates are nearing, I wanted to send you all my best wishes. I guess there still is some time for June to arrive, but I wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you all today.

Sanarun, Kasisheela, Swetha, Jannane, and all other ladies who are due in June, wishing you a safe and happy delivery!

Love
    Jyothi

5. apharnashri

apharnashri New IL'ite

Hi guys,
    There is no much of silence in our thread ... guess all mommies are busy with their shopping and other routines.. Hope all mommies are doing well..
    My due date is nearing and looking forward to the finest moment !!!!!!!!!!1

Swetha,
    thanks for the information. Hope your leg pain got subsided and you are feeling better now....When I asked my OB regarding Ultrasound , he said there is no need to have that.... Lets wait until delivery ........I am not sure why he told that.. Does any of your OB's suggesting not to have an ultrasound... Please advice....... Yes, even I heard that Gracco is good and I will be buying that brand only.....

Also one more information friends. Hope everyone know that car seat is mandatory and needs to be installed prior to delivery. Car seat installation seems to be a pain and if we dont know how to install , we can contact the fire department who will install it for us for free thru proper appts ... But getting an appt with fire dept is very tough. If you call them today for getting an appt, you will get only after a month. So please make sure to buy the car seat and get it installed asap as all our due dates are nearing...

Nakshatraa,
    How are you doing and its nice to know that you have high chances delivering by end of May.. When is your actual due ?? Hope you will cross ur 36th week by May end. I am not sure on switching sides information. I dont get up straight as it is much difficutl for me.. I switch to the left side before getting up and then try to raise my upper body...

How is Sangi, Sangi2, Mvish, Sheela and all other Mommies doing ???

Would love to hear from you all...........

Take care............

Cheers,
    Apharna

6. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi Aparna,
    Thanks for enquiring.....
    My actual date is on 12th June, but the doc says, i would be delivering by may end...
    Yes, it would actually be my 38th week, if it's may end :coffee

Take care of yourself too....

Bye,

7. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi June mommies,

Sorry for the long silence..I tried to post a long reply 2 days back but couldnot do it due to some problem with my wireless router. I m doing fine with bouts of tiredness on and off, walking regularly and my appt with the doc went of well, have got the next appt on May 21, shall update after that. My LO's kicks are quite hard these days and her legs always aims the ribs and i can feel her hiccups quite often these days.

Hi sheela,

Are you through with your birth classes? Hope it was quite useful to you. Do you have any tips to share with us? When is your mother expected, sheela? Post the baby shower pics too. How is LO doing? Have you finalised the name for your boy? Too many questions, huh...please do update whenever you find time.

Hi Shweta,

Still going around your regular routine, eh? When are you planning to take maternity leave? I dont know how you manage household work, office and heaviness of third trimester, hats off to you:bowdown. I m feeling heavier and heavier these days but never miss my walking regime. Take care and reply whenever possible.

Hi mvish,

Dont bother much about the weight of the baby? YOu can't do much about it. My doctor didn't share any such information about it..so im totally ignorant about this issue. Do take care and post soon.

Hi aparna,

Good to know that your baby shower went on well...when are you planning to post the pics..please do let us know. Lucky to have your mother around...only now i realise the real worth of my mom and miss her a lot too. So when are you planning for your mat. leave? How is LO doing? Post soon and take care.

Hi Jyothi,

Thanks for your wishes. Hope you are doing well. Take care dear.

Hi Nakshathra,

Good to have you back after a long time. Do you still consult Dr. Prema? Hope you are comfortable. So going to be a May mommy, is it? Shall definitely pray for you, dont worry and stay relaxed. I know how bad the chennai kathiri is...keep yourself well hydrated, drink lots of buttermilk, soaked Fenugreek seeds on an empty stomach, jeera water whenever possible.

A friend of mine who delivered a baby shared few tips:

1. Avoid tur dhal and channa dal during few months post-delivery or atleast in limited quantity.
    2. Avoid coconut for a month or two
    3. Consume 2-3 figs daily post delivery to prevent constipation (both mom and baby)
    4. Fenugreek on an empty stomach is a must (you can soak it overnight or roast it lightly..powder it and mix it with buttermilk)
    5. Boil 8-10 pods of garlic with milk and drink it once a day.

As and when i get more tips from her, i shall update you.

Take care.

Cheers.

Luv,
    sangi:thumbsup

8. mvish

mvish New IL'ite

Hi everyone, it's been good to read all your posts, and I'm sorry I've been too tired to write in myself. Am so desperately waiting for my maternity leave to start so I can sleep late in the mornings and also take naps during the day...being at work all day is getting really difficult!! Quick updates from me...all was well at my doctor visit last week, seems baby has gotten in the head-down position and is unlikely to shift now...fingers crossed. Also have started on a childbirth class, which my husband and I are finding very useful, indeed! This weekend, we did some shopping...bought a baby seat n bouncer and a strap-on infant carrier, besides some clothes for our lil guy...it was real fun! Don't have too much else to report right now...eagerly counting down the last few weeks and awaiting the moment when the baby will be out and in my arms....Hope you're all doing well, look forward to reading your posts. Take care, mvish.

9. swethu_v

swethu_v Junior IL'ite

Hi June mommies,

This weekend my husband and a couple of friends planned a surprise baby shower.... I really enjoyed it. I had no clue that it was coming. Off late its getting a bit tiring to do any kind of work. I had pain in my hips because of sleeping on my sides....I was almost limping...But now it seems to have settled down. Just counting down days for my lil one to come out.

Sangi,
    Very true....even I get kicked quite hard these days....they are almost like punches :) I too feel her hiccups once in a while....I feel really bad though..Cant imagine how uncomfortable they must be feeling. Itz really good that you dont miss walking. Sometimes I may have to skip depending on the time I get back home from work....But I try to be active at work.
    Thanks for the tips....

Hi mvish,
    Even I cant wait for my maternity leave to start. I dont get enough sleep in the nights and just like you I wont be able to relax during the day as well...Its good that the baby has gotten head down. Hope he stays that way. Although I am really tired by the end of the week...I just love to shop for the lil one....I get really tempted to buy everything for her....I guess itz the same case with u as well....

Hi Nakshatraa,
    So you may have a May baby is it....Thatz good...Take care and keep us posted.

Hi Apharna,
    Hope you are doing well....I am sure you are taking good rest since ur mother is here...Lucky you....I have to wait for another week.

Sheela, looks like you are quite busy. Take care and post whenever you get sometime.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week. It is mostly to find out the baby's measurements, weight and position. I am excited but nervous at the same time. I hope everything will go on smoothly.

Tk Cr,
    Swetha.

10. putti

putti New IL'ite

All the best to you all have a safe delivery.