Muscat Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Induslady, Oct 30, 2006.

1. vidyavisu

vidyavisu Silver IL'ite

hi i'm vidyavisu from salalah,oman,nice to meet u all here.
    :)a teacher by profession,likes singing,quizzing,cooking,listening to melodious songs.

2. nashreen

nashreen New IL'ite

:)Hi My name is Nashreen Karim. I am from Johannesburg, South Africa.

I am now living in Toronto, Canada. I am looking to meet anybody who enjoys talking, sharing ideas.

I have two kids boy 9 yrs and a girl six years.

:2thumbsup:Looking forward to hear from fellow Muscat Ladies.

Nashreen

3. keerthanasm

keerthanasm New IL'ite

Hi ...

Sorry folks....jusr forgot to chk IL !!! No xcuses....Got a PM from Veda with Shanti's number...shall call her up today eve or latest tomorrow....and let me see if I can fix up something for next week !!! Would most of you be free next week morning ???

and Nashreen, nice to know about you. So, r u form south africa ?? And u live in toronto...so, how do u connec to oman ??? Sorry was wondering if I was missing the link somewhere ??? Whatever, nice to get in touch.

regards
    - Keethi

4. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

Hi,I am Nithya,shifting from chennai to muscat, in a month.I have two kids 1 ,7 yrs and other 2 1/2 yrs.The company in which my husband is joining is providing semi furnished accomodation,with cooking range,washing m/c and dish washers and few utensils, etc.I dont know what that etc is,because these are the words of the company.
    Can you people guide me regarding what are all the kitchen things, like utensils,mixies,food items like dhaals, masalas that I have to pack from here.

5. chamuv

chamuv New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am chamu, and living in Muscat - al khuwair for the past 2 years. Nice to come across this blog. I am basically from chennai. will be on vacation fm next week. anyhow will be in touch when i am back

cheers
    chamu

6. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

this is Nithya again.My husband left for muscat today.I will be joining him in a month .I will be happy if I get answers to doubts before that

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

nitya,

I am not sure which company your husband is joining. some companies define furnished as fridge,ac,bed,wardrobe, cooking unit, tv. other things like the utensils, and bedcovers and things are to be bought by you.

since your husband has already left, he will definitely have an idea of what you need.

you almost get everything there. if you want you can take our regular sambar podi's and pickles and stuff.

you can also take pressure cookers and stuff. (though you do get all that.in muscat, at a higher price.) if your husband's company is giving money for the intial set up of house then you need not worry much.

8. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

Hi ,I am nithya.I have two kids.My husband joined MHD yesterday.I will be leaving by this month end.please can anybody say what are all the things i have to take from here.The company is providing a semifurnished appartment.what are all the kitechen items like utensils, masalas etc,that i have to take from here.Please guide me in this matter.

9. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

Oh thankyou for your reply Shanvy.My husband did tell me about things available there.Any way I am a little tensed about everything like packing and taking the kids etc.What about the schools over there.My daughter is in 2nd std(matric syllabus) and my son will be going to pre KG this year.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

nitya,

You have cbse schools in muscat. this year there was a huge rush. (I am just back from my 2 months vacation in muscat.)

Right now all the schools will be closed for vacation and will start only in august..so you can even go by july..no hurry. ask your husband to submit application with the school, you will get admission in one of the schools, (there is a rule that any kid coming in for admission should be given admission. so no worries.)

Small clarification, since your husband joined only yesterday, isn't there any 3 months probation for him??