Indian Ladies in Riyadh - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Riyadh Province' started by Induslady, Apr 11, 2005.

1. shams

shams New IL'ite

Re: Indians from Riyadh?

Hello Ramesh,

This is Shams frm Riyadh, I am here from 6 years ... wht kind of help u need .. don't hesitate ...

Shams

2. alike

alike New IL'ite

Re: hai

Hi Rehana ! How are you ? logging here after along time .How are you and how are your kids doing ?

3. sunchiajju

sunchiajju Bronze IL'ite

HI I'm sunitha. I'll be joining my husband in riyadh in a few months time. Ladies please tell me how's life over there. for those who are not working what do you do in your past time. I used to run business of designer candle making in bangalore. I used to get good business during diwali time. Have you ever seen designer candles in any of the shops. Will i be able to go forth with this business of mine once i come there. Where can i get the raw materials

4. jinsaksa

jinsaksa New IL'ite

Good Day!!!!!!!!

hey...Riyadh friends, nice to meet u all here, this is me Jinsa,me just new here, i am software engineer staying with my husband in riyadh, is there any chance to get job here, anyone know where can i apply for the IT jobs,kindly i would like to know the proper guidlines.........Thanking you all.

5. samk

samk New IL'ite

Hi,

I have a job offer from Riyadh and will be moving shortly. Can anyone advise me if an Indian Driving License is good to drive in KSA if I also get an International Driving Permit? How long will this give me before I need to get a KSA license?

Regards

Sam.

6. samk

samk New IL'ite

Hey...is anyone here?

7. shams

shams New IL'ite

Helloo Samk, Welcome to ILF

Indian driving license is not valid here, u need to go for test and everything frm starting ... just it's good for showing tht u can drive ...

Indian driving not work here in saudi arab ...

Shams

8. saisubr

saisubr New IL'ite

My husband has moved to Riyadh last week and i will be joining him in another 2 weeks depending upon the VISA. I have 2 kids and i need to look for their admissions. In the meantime, if anyone can help me suggesting some good compounds it would be great. Also, please suggest me good school. I have got different opinion on DPS, IIPS & IIS. please suggest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
  9. samk

samk New IL'ite

Thanks for the info. Any tips for a new comer? I hope to be living in Riyadh and working in Thumamah. Planing to come alone initially and have wife and son join later if everyhing is comfortable.

10. SoniaShyam

SoniaShyam New IL'ite

Hi All,

We just moved to Riyadh from the San Francisco Bay Area. My husband started working at the Ministry of Commerce a few months ago. We have 2 children - my son is 9, and daughter is almost 5. They will start going to DPS (Delhi Public School) in October 2009.

Would love to tap into the collective wisdom of this group for suggestions, and recommendations on where to shop for Indian groceries, small kitchen appliances (blender, food processor, etc.), rent Indian DVDs (Hindi movies), and subscribe to Indian TV channels (Hindi).

Also, if there are any folks interested in having play dates with kids, please respond.

Look forward to hearing from y'all.

Take care,
    Sonia