information regarding pr in uk

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by sirisyam, Apr 5, 2009.

1. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Dear Thilaga,
    You need to complete 4 years and 11 months in continous employment. The earliest you can apply is 28 days before the end of 5 years which means as above 4 years, 11 months.
    And hence you should apply after 20th Dec 2011 which you have said correctly.
    It was an error in my earlier reply to you as you would complete 5 years in 16th Jan 2012 and earliest you can apply thilaga is 20th Dec 2011. Sorry for the inaccuracies.
    We are applying for indefinite leave this end of June.We also passed those mandatory tests- life in the U.K
    Best of luck

Fiona

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. Thilagavathi

Thilagavathi New IL'ite

Hi Fiona,

Thank you for your reply and good luck in your application.

I have heard many people saying about the 90days clause and I have google in the uk.border agency website and I could not find any info pertaining to that. Could you pls share with me in specific where I could find such clause in the uk.border website

Does the 90days restriction applicable for the dependents too? My little boy has been away from uk for more than 6months is that alright?

Regards
    Thilaga

3. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Dear Thilanga,
    yes, the rule is for everyone even children. If they have spent more than six months in one year, he/she would not qualify.
    When you apply for permanent residency they would give you
    status as permanent resident but to your child as limited leave to remain, as it is now endosed in your passport.Once the child completes 5 years, 6 months the child would be eligible to cover the gap of absence.
    Follow the link below the residential requirements where it clears states you cannot spend more thean 90 days in any single year, in the 5 years.
    The link is UK Border Agency | Standard requirements for naturalisation
    Just copy in your browser and your query will be resolved immediately.

Best of luck
    Fiona

4. Thilagavathi

Thilagavathi New IL'ite

5. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

since you are applying for permanent residency, those rules apply to us and clearly mentioned. As it says you need to show you lived in U.K 4 years, 11 months.
    Don't worry so much with more details.
    IF YOU HAVE MORE FURTHER DOUBTS, YOU CAN CALL THE U.K BORDER FORCE ON THIS NUMBER 08706067766 AND KEEP DAILING THE NUMBER TILL YOU GET THE LINE FROM A BT LANDLINE AS IT IS CHEAPER.

YOU CAN ASK ALL THE DETAILS TO THE U.K BORDER FORCE OFFICER AND NOW YOUR ACTUAL QUERIES WILL BE RESOLVED.

BEST OF LUCK...

6. Thilagavathi

Thilagavathi New IL'ite

Thanks for the contact detail.

I spoke to the officer there and I was clearly told about the 90days catch. According to the officer the 90days restriction is only applicable for the main apllicant and not the dependant.

Rgds
    Thilaga