1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Yoga for You - All about YOGA

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by prathi, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Mangala

Mangala New IL'ite

Need help

Hello

I am a new member. I am having a 1yr 8 months old son. I had a c-section. So i gained weight during pregnancy and couldnt come to my normal weight till now. Are there any asanas for reducing weight and to shape up my tummy.

Thanks in advance
    Mangala

2. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Does yoga helps in losing weight!!!!!!!

Hi friendst
    i have this doubt.DOes yoga hep in losing weigh.I feel it helps to keep you fit.I m doing yoga for past 5 months for nearly 30 to 45 mins.I did not loose weight.I really felt better though for tht rest of the day.I am 28 and mother of two yr old weighing 63 kgs.Although i dont look overweight I have fat at obvivous places for a women after delivery(belly and breast).I was never slim before also as i have avery large frame but was 57 kgs before marriage and did not gain weight after marriage.Also during pregnacy i did not gain significant weight.so overall i did not gain much weight.Except my belly and yes my arms and breast.My saree blouses dont fit me anymore:cry:.My goal is to fit into tht.I excercised right from my childhood and also joined yoga classes after delivery and m practising it regularly at home now.But i feel that it is not helping me.Now i have started to do jogging at home.See if this helps me.Have got a pair of dumbbells and excercise ball also.So u see invested a lot to loose weight:wink:.Not helping.I think i gained weight after coming to US .Also the weather here does not allow me to go out for a walk.Any sugeestions friends!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  3. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Re: Does yoga helps in losing weight!!!!!!!

Hi there

well Yoga does help in losing weight, but it requires a lot of discipline as well, overall from my experience, yoga is a slow method if u want to lose weight, but definitely good for overall health and fitness of body...

If you want to lose weight, you will also have to work out along with yoga, jogging is very effective, do manual excercises like Sit ups for upper abs and leg raises for lower abs...

all the best
    ~Abha

4. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I too want to share my thoughts...
    I am doing from past 7 months..
    I reduced little, but hte main reason is u'll feel fresh whole day, body will become light weight...
    Sure, u'll put down weight, if u do Yoga. But u should revise the food habits...
    May be that is one reason which keeps u back...
    Yoga will show results in lond run.. So don stop, continue...
    cheers...

Gayathri.

5. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Thank you friends
    I agree with you that yoga really keeps you cherrfula nd light for the rest of the day.Thanks for the inspiration i will cont doing it as it helps in fuctioning of all organs and keep them working in the old age also.
    cheers
    Priti

6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    Yoga reduces the weight, but it is a slow process.
    Along with yoga, you might have to change your diet and little aerobics exercise.
    Also check with doctor about any hormonal problems or thyroid problems.
    With thyroid, it is difficult to loose weight.

Take care,
    Punitha

7. ani4kittu

ani4kittu New IL'ite

hi frnds
    no doubt yoga helps in losing weight..in my personal i lost 4 kgs in 1 month during yoga learning classes ofcourse we have to maintain food habits..anyhow both excercises and pranayama is the yoga should followed

8. pratimagp

pratimagp New IL'ite

Re: Yoga For You!!

Hi Prathi

Iam Prathima,

i recently joined in this community, i like the Yoga pdf posted by u , its looking good with pictures also, great work Prathi, keep on sending the useful and encouraging topics.

Thank u

:2thumbsup:
    prathima

1 person likes this.
  9. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Prathi
    Good work!
    I learned all these asanas but I do some of htem, generally.
    I saved the PDF to my box.
    its very useful!

Gayathri.

10. nidyaravi

nidyaravi New IL'ite

dear prathi,
    that was an handsome piece of info...
    it was what i've been looking out for...
    i had taken yoga classes two years back but stopped due to time constraints..i had a guideline but misplaced it somewhere..
    thanx for this...

In the rhythm of Life, we sometime find ourselves out of tune, But as long as there are friends to provide the melody, The music plays on........... :):):):)