1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Paintings : Fabric Paintings(African Patterns)

Discussion in 'Paintings' started by asharao, May 17, 2007.

1. sravanthivenkat

sravanthivenkat Silver IL'ite

hi....Your works are beautiful.

2. theartisticone

theartisticone Gold IL'ite

asha hi,
    just happened to browse through the older postings and lo what did i get to see? your wonderful creations - i dont know how to express myself, i can say :wow!
    i used to do fabric painting, glass paintings, other handwork too in my college days but once i started on tanjore paintings, i dont have time for anything else!
    you colud do customised orders for friends!
    keep creating and posting!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  3. nags

nags Silver IL'ite

Hi Asha,

Saw your works only today. Amazing and very different works you do. I just love the colors you use. they add life to your piece.

You have mentioned about your website/blog. Can you please PM me or post it here. I would love to see it. waiting for you reply.:bowdown

4. Chhavi Gupta

Chhavi Gupta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Asha,

U have done very beautiful work ...all ur paintings looks like readymade...i mean they have so much neatness..beauty...just perfect..pls send me ur website address...i cant see it on the thread...thnx...

5. vsvk

vsvk Senior IL'ite

Hi Asha.,

Iam a new member., i am into Oil paintings, watercolours and etc., but never tried my hand in fabric.. Ur work is really awesome., it is actually making me get tempted to try fabic art too.. I was wondering , do u have the sketches of that African Art? If so can u post it Keep painting!!!

U can also check my Painting Radha krishna in mixed media.. and send me ur feedback

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2009
  6. lallu82

lallu82 New IL'ite

Hi Asha,

i'm lalithasri from india. i'm a housewife.i saw ur paintings. they look awesome. actually, i love to do paintings. but i'm just the beginner and i dont get a proper finishing. i worked on a crepe silk material, since it is a dark coloured materialed i used fevicryl fabric paints. the result was not good.
    can u suggest me something

7. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

HI Asha
    your works are all really awesome.. it has got a professional touch. cant believe that its done by a house wife.
    how do u stretch the fabric to paint?. do u have big frame or you do part by part?
    tnx n regards
    ani

8. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Hi! Ani,

Sorry,somehow missed ur post.Thanks a lot for your appreciation.Yes I started fabric painting from the scartch.I still do a few now not like earlier becoz I'm working as well.Dont get time to paint as much.Thanks once again for your message-Asha:)

9. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Hi! Lallu82,

I dont know what else is available in India at the moment.I tried fevicryl metallic colours as well.I bought fevicryl silk colours but did not use it.Wish I could help u with that.I use only cotton cloth which is a lining material for painting.If I get to know anything,will certailnly let u know.

Regards,

Asha

10. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Hi! Ani,

I wash the fabric and then dry it and start painting.I dont have a frame.The fabric paint is a bit thick and hence use brush or sponge to paint directly on the cloth.

Regards,

Asha