information regarding pr in uk

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by sirisyam, Apr 5, 2009.

1. sirisyam

sirisyam Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

we are planning to apply for permanant residency in uk.:idea
    (doing preliminary qeuries still).

My husband is on work permit here for past 5 years, but has a break of 442 days in between and that break is not continous.

And this year he is continously in uk.

with this can he apply for uk permanant residency.

eagerly waiting for ur reply.

thanking u in advance

2. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    To qualify for permanent residency in U.K, you need to be in the country for 4 years and 11 months.Can apply 28 days before you complete 5 years.
    Now there are various routes you can apply.
    Work permits, tier 1,so on. All details on ukborder agency website.
    To be eligible you need to have a continous work permit and no breaks in employment. That means if you leave one job today, you would need to start next day, in the new job. All these changes must be authorized well in advance even before you start working for new employer.
    Now if you spend more than 90 days in any single year, you would disqualify for the same. At the most you could stay out of the country for less than 80 days and you need to have the job in those 80 days since you are out say on holidays. All authorized by your employer.
    if there were breaks then you would have to start all over again, since you were out quite a while.
    Also life in the uk test you would need to take.
    All information is on www.ukborderagency.com and you would be more than happy to read through all the details - applying for permanent residency section.You would need to start fresh 5 years and contious employment not even one day gap if yoou do change your employment as explained above. and no holidays more than 90 days in each year. check all details or you would forfeit the huge 870 pOUNDS FEE.
    kindest wishes.
    Best of luck.

3. raman25

raman25 New IL'ite

information regarding tier1visa in uk

hi there,
    i want sum information about my visa as now i m on tier1 (psw) nd m planning to apply for hsmp (3 yrs) but at the movement m on maternity allowance bcoz m working through agency and they r not giving me any maternity pay . but now m a bit worry about it. does it affect on visa if we get maternity allowance.? i mean they can refuse ? bcoz mostly people say we shouldn't take any benefit. plz sumbody can give me suggesion..

one thing more, if we r on work permit , can wecan monthly child benefit or not..?
    i will wait for your reply thanks

4. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Maternity benefits is funded by your monthly NHS contribution from your pay. If you have paid enough contriutions the last say 3 years I assume you were, then you would get it. I understand they don't want to give you more as you must have not contributed enough from your salary every month.
    Now, your visa shouldn't be a problem while claiming benefits as it is funded by you. If you are jobless you can't get job seekers allowance as its PUBLIC FUNDS.
    the rules have changed for HSMP and you must go to to this website ; www.ukborderagency.uk and check all the doubts you have.
    Read carefully and understand.Now days, immigrants are not welcomed and when you start making claims, they wouldn't have to have you stay longer in the country

best wishes

5. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

hey what's wrong ? people ask questions and don't even bother to reply back... hey pls ya say something atleast....:)

6. sirisyam

sirisyam Silver IL'ite

hi fiona,

first accept my apologies for the delay in replying. many many thanks for the reply. the weblink u gave as very useful.

thankyou

7. Thilagavathi

Thilagavathi New IL'ite

Dear Fiona,

You seems to be well verse with immigration stuff and hope you would be able to give my your thought.

I am on 5years work permit - started 16Jan2007.

I left <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> on 24Dec2008 and returned on 24March2009.( I was on my maternity paid leave break).

Now.. Have i exceeded the 90days restriction?

Thanking you in advance

Thilaga

8. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Dear Thilaga,
    The immigration rules clearly stipulate that ' in any single year, he/she should not be outside the U.K for more than 90 days even if it is paid.
    It seems you haven't been outside the U.K more than 90 days as per the dates given here.
    You also have to pass the life in the U.K test which is really interesting and easy provided you read that book a few times.
    The earliest you could apply for indefinite leave is 20th Dec 2012.
    If your leave is more than 90 days, then you would need to apply couple of months later to cover up the requirements.
    All the information is available to you on www.ukborderagency.com and you would find very interesting details.
    Also since you are on work permit, make sure you get authourization to change employment and also you have to start the new job, next working day.
    Best of luck.

Fiona.

9. Thilagavathi

Thilagavathi New IL'ite

Dear Fiona,

Thank you very much indeed. It has been very informative. Might coming bugging you near future.

Take care

Thilaga

10. Thilagavathi

Thilagavathi New IL'ite

Hi Fiona,

Sorry to bug.

Why do you think I should only apple for IL after 20Dec2012.

I started on 16Jan2007. So 5 years... could it not be Dec2011. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you

Thilaga