Ask Questions To IndusLady about IL FORUMS

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by laksn, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Not Receiving Email Notification

Chitrajan,

I checked your profile and found that you have not subscribed for instant email notification to be received when there is a reply in the thread you had posted. Also, you have not subscribed for email notification on receiving private message.

Now, I have enabled both for you. Check and let me know if it works.

Varalotti & Cheer,

I see both of your profiles subscribed perfectly. I'm not sure then why you haven't received email notifications.

Please can you both check whether you email boxes have enough space quota? Also check the junk or bulk mail folders if any you have. Sometimes our email notifications land there too.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the prompt response, IL Team. I checked my spam folder. It was not there either. I have a gmail account which has enough storage space.
    The last two threads I opened - Sunkan's 1000 post thread and The Anatomy of A Womaniser Thread - I have not received a single notification.
    Please look into it.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Not Receiving Email Notification

Dear Induslady,

I have subscribed to some threads with instant notification and not to all threads.

Have you now enabled notification for all subscribed threads?

Can you also advise me how I can unsubscribe from the old threads where there are no new postings?

Thank you.

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Malathy,

Seems like it's fine now, since yesterday night i started getting notifications, but before i chked junk, everywhere but i didn't get anything. Don't know why. I already ckhed subscribed thread etc but didn't help.

5. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Not Receiving Email Notification

Dear Induslady,

I have started receiving notifications, thank you but still I look forward to a reply to my mail below.:)

1 person likes this.
  6. shrinair

shrinair New IL'ite

Thread missing....

Hii All,

I had started a thread titled "Hair style Help" and posted in forum "Bangalore" because I wanted the adress of parlor in Bangalore, so i thought that would be the right forum. But I dont find my post there.
    I checked my profile and clicked on "find all threads started by.." and found that the thread is still present in Bangalore forum, but still am unable to locate it in the forum, though i believe, everybody else is able to view it except me.

As of now, I go to "Todays posts" and view it, but to know the replies, I had to check Abha and Sunkan's profile who hav replied and then all the latest posts posted by them to view their reply.
    As suggested by Induslady, I went to Edit Options in UserCP and changed thread mode to "Linear newest first" and saved the changes. But i am still unable to view the thread or the replies.

Please let me know where I had gone wrong...

Rgds,
    Shri

7. shrinair

shrinair New IL'ite

thread missing...now post missing...

Hi..
    Now am unable to view my post too....
    Pls help...
    I dint hav any problem with my previous thread and post...
    But i wonder what went wrong frm my side on "hair style help" and now this...
    Moderators, pls helppp...
    Thanks,
    Shrii

8. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Re: thread missing...now post missing...

Here is ur post

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/bangalore/7626-hair-style-help.html

another method to find ur post, go to ur subscribed post by click on quick links & then on subscribed threads.

9. shrinair

shrinair New IL'ite

Re: thread missing

Hii Cheer,

I used the Url that u had given, and got my thread on Haristyle help..but am still unable to view the replies...
    Not only that, i am unable to view the current post and thread in this forum.
    i got a mail that u had posted a reply to my query, hence i knew. Otherwise, i wudnt hav known as i am unable to locate this query also...And even if u give me the url, i am still not finding replies of others..

Thanks,

Shri

10. shrinair

shrinair New IL'ite

thread missing...

:) Hi All,

Hey, now my problem got solved...now i can view my thread and the replies tooo....:2thumbsup:
    i dont know how this happened..but when i opened the site now, i found a login, so entered my id and pword..and now i can view my threads.
    Thanks Abha, i was bugging u regarding the same since 2 days i believe...
    And thanks to cheer and induslady tooo....

Warm Regards,
    Shri..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.