1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion- Birayani masala?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by HIPLIB, Dec 17, 2008.

1. surya123

surya123 Senior IL'ite

tips to make a good biryani means....... go to vahrehvah.com........in that u have a clear video of preparing biryani......u can learn from that.i made many dishes from this site.they came out ver well....

2. jastisrikiran

jastisrikiran New IL'ite

3. surya123

surya123 Senior IL'ite

hi jastisrikiran........
    i really wanted to know how to make that masala at home....can u plz post it

4. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Shaan is THE best in biryani masala.
    Marinate chicken or mutton with yogurt, ginger garlic paste,lots of crushed green chillies, little red chillie powder and salt.
    Next day add shan biryani powder to the marinade.
    Chop 3-4 onions and fry them with whole garam masala,after they turn slightly pink add the marinade, cover and allow to cook without adding water. After its cooked and oil oozes add corriander leaves, mint leaves and crushed shah zeera.
    Boil rice with whole garam masala, little oil and salt. When slightly cooked remove water with the help of a colander.
    Now take a heavy bottomed vessel and layer a thin layer of rice, sprinkle fried onions (you get ready made packets) little orange colored water, sliced tomatoes, corriander leaves, then put the meat layer; then again put rice with same toppings and meat on top , in the end put rice. Now close the lid tightly and keep it on tava for indirect heat or you can shove it in the oven 350 till you see steam coming out, around 40 minutes.
    Your biryani is ready.
    If you like potatoes then deep fry them and add to meat after meat is cooked.

5. Ponraj12345

Ponraj12345 New IL'ite

Shan masala is the best for instant chicken briyani. Or else , one could start with the whole spices and proceed with mint & Cilantro along with yoghurt for authentic chicken briyani.

6. priyas

priyas New IL'ite

Hi Hiplip

I used to cook biryani with sakthi masala or Aachi biriyani masala.It come sout very well.
    Try it and let me know.

-Priyas

7. atiwari1

atiwari1 New IL'ite

DO you know most of North Indian cooks(e.g parties or marriages)they use ASHOK MASALAS.Believe me,i have used them they are awesome.
    Use this brand for your biryani too.

8. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

thanks alot for your recipe,u r really good to take trouble and share the recipe with all of us.thank u once again,

9. NidhiA

NidhiA Junior IL'ite

Shaan biryani masala was the best for chicken and mutton biryani in my experience.

10. anita12345

anita12345 New IL'ite

Can anyone post making/grinding biryani masala at home?
    Thanks
    Anita