1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Full Moon And Its Effects

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, May 14, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Full moon and its effects:
    From a very young age I have been drawn to this phenomenon of the full moon light, may be shown to me by my mother when young, while feeding started off this affection for the reflections of the full moon, the trees are all covered with a silver light, and sitting on a swing swaying to its reflections have given many a wonderful feeling in those prime age when love was not known.

Then came a time when we associate this full moon with love, how did it start, is it the films but I don’t remember watching movies as we never had any t.v. in those days, may be listening to songs with moon and love could have triggered am not sure.

When lovers write that they have sent message through the moon did u get it? I wonder how the moon could be a messenger, is it from kalidasa’s meghasandesam that we developed this thought, may be. One may notice that these lessons are taken in college at the prime age where boys and girls start observing the fascination of love for the first time in their life.

Then after marriage as u observe the full moon and your spouse, it just clicks so well.Now don’t ask my how as I don’t have the answer, so the mystery of so many incidents connected to full moon comes around.

One future use for the monthly lunar cycle may be in choosing the timing and gender of babies. Curtis Jackson, controller of Southern California Methodist Hospital, reports that more babies are conceived on the waxing moon than on the waning. He quantified 11,025 births over a period of six years and found that nearly 1,000 more children were conceived during the waxing moon. Apparently, successful conception is easier at that time. More interesting are the results of German researcher W. Buehler. In an analysis of 33,000 births Dr. Buehler found that there was a significant preponderance of male births during the waxing moon. This knowledge, combined with medical techniques known to affect fertility and sex, may well help people in planning for their children.

Even as we are walking on our twilight of life the fascination for the moon never wanes, in fact the news of landing on moon was more of a depression among many exposing their myth of romance and moon being exploded. Still it is the same moon only our perception seems to have changed, the full moon and the sea is a enormous sight. The tides rising so high as if to reach the beauty.

Basically a romantic have always loved these scenes, and the songs of andhi is a great reminder, TERE BINA ZINDAGI SE KOYI SHIKWA THO NAHI SHIKWA NAHI, SHIKWA NAHI…[SUNDAR SAATH HO MANZILON KI KAMI THO NAHIN]
    Is the line too etched in my heart….regards sunkan

2. hastha

hastha New IL'ite

Hi,
    Your article was really interesting.
    I have a query. Can we try for a baby on the full moon and new moon days. I read in a book that we should not try because this might affect the new born
    mentally or physically coz of tha rays. Is this true? I am really confused .
    Hatha

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear hastha,
    there are no rules any where, tell me can u stop ur urge, which i hear is more during the full moon, they may be informing this as that is the time earth has less gravitation and may be that might affect,it is a study and i hear u get boys during that time, so not sure and there are so many days and dates for boys and girls, i feel this subject is something to be taken lightly if ur worried otherwise make a detail study and plan ur child, but full moon is always romantic, all thru our life..
    sunkan

4. hastha

hastha New IL'ite

Thanks Sunkan. I was really confused and whom ever person i asked about this ,they told me that it is a granny's tale.

5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hastha,
    The moon rays affect the mental structure of all living beings
    especially in full moon and new moon days. It is not the best
    time to try for a baby. To get a healthy (physically and mentally)
    baby avoid full moon and new moon days.

6. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi:) everyone

just now i read about moon its interesting. I dont know too much about moon but one thing i know that is correct. On Poornima and Amavasya moon effects our brain too much. As our body contains 70% water so on these days we have some effects in our brain as tides in the sea. So on these two days specially if u have any memer of ur family gping through depression make them happy and try that they forget all their problems during these two days. That's all i know i would like to know more if anyone please.

bye

padma

7. Triza

Triza New IL'ite

Hi all,

Here's an article on the effects of full moon.

Triza.

Attached Files:

8. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Triza

just now i saw ur doc its really good thanks for sharing

bye
    padma

9. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Tell me,I was born on a full moon day.Does that affect my personality?

1 person likes this.
  10. hima

hima New IL'ite

hai !!
    really this tale was very interesting.. i know during Pournami & Amavasya the changes occur in Moon and as well as according to that in Rivers & Seas also .... flow of water changes. at that time the Scenary was very amazing ..it can't tell in words.. we have to seen N Joy..
    I experinced it in KanyaKumari . on Pournami we were in Kanyakumari at Indian Ocean.. really it was very amazing.. Before sunset , the changes of moon are so nice.. but i never listened to plan conceiving according to Moon and its effects.

any way thanks for info:goodidea: