June 2009 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SANARUN, Oct 30, 2008.

1. apharnashri

apharnashri New IL'ite

Hi Guys,
    Hope everyone is doing fine ........ Why no posts ?? Guess everyone is busy..... Do send some updates on your whereabouts .............

Sangi2,
    Ur mantra should be "Dont worry.... Be happy........" Ok......
    Yes, I am doing fine.. But since yesterday night, I have been getting leg pains... particularly in the cough muscle area where it is paining a lot.. I have these varecose veins which should be causing these pains.. But cannot avoid as these are due to preganancy.
    Hope you are doing well. Why diaharrea ?? R u drinking enough water and adequate fiber in ur food .. Follow that if you were not....... Even I dont get sound sleep. Get up in the midnights for passing urine and then sit for a while in the bed and then sleep.
    Ok.. Do you have enough pillows to support your back, belly , legs ...... Do that so that atleast your body will be comfortable while sleeping... Dont think about anything while sleeping.. Just close your eyes and chant some God's name ..... If you think about something deeply , you wont get sleep. I can understand ur feelings. Giving advices is very easy which I am doing right now.....

Why dont you start hearing some melodious music which will give you some diversion. It will also be soothing to ur baby. I guess you have to start doing that.
    From your post, what I found is that you sound very dull. I guess you have to start think positively . For that you need to give some diversion to ur mind.... Ok...... Dont worry. Ur baby will be fine and ur delivery will be a smooth one... Everything happened becos of that infection.. Hopefully you are taking some medicines prescribed by your doctor.. R u taking enough rest everyday......... I am hoping to hear something positive in ur next post and it will happen. Ok Dear.. Take care......

Cheers,
    Apharna

2. apharnashri

apharnashri New IL'ite

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone are doing fine. I am bit concerned that no one has posted since last week. I hope everyone is fine with your health and daily routine.. Do keep us posted on ur updates.
    Hoping to hear from someone today !!!!.......

Cheers,
    Apharna

3. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Sorry gals, was down with fever and severe cough:crazy:crazy...so couldn't update you. Trying all sorts of home remedies to lessen the severity of cough...it really bothers me in the night a lot.

Hi sangi2,

Sorry about your plight dear....please do take adequate rest and healthy food. As your son's exam is over...you can relax a bit. Our countdown has started with the final trimester..so consider this period as the time to take rest and relax......easily said than done:hide:.

Hi Aparna,

Sorry dearie...my cough keeps me away from my regular activities and feeling too sleepy these days though hardly sleeps for 4 hours a day. Sleep seems to elude me these days..my darling LO is active through the night and i m busy keeping her occupied...unfortunately i dont have the habit of sleeping during day time...so most of the time i m :spin:spin:spin. I think you are going to be the first june '09 mom...how do you feel? And, hey i forgot to thank you for your compliments:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown and when are you planning for your baby shower?? How is your LO doing??Update.

Hi sheela,

What is up?????Busy eh??take care dear.

Hi shwetha,

Updates please???take care sweety.

Hi Mvish,

You were quite active for some time and gone missing.....what happened? Update.

Take care all,

Luv,
    sangi:thumbsup

4. mvish

mvish New IL'ite

Hi all,

Sorry for the week-long silence...it's a busy time at work with our financial year-end this month. Will try and be more regular now...

Quick update from me: All's normal with my glucose test result...yippee!!

I, too, have been getting leg cramps practically every night now, which inevitably disrupts my sleep...I don't think there's much that can be done about it...like someone said in an earlier post, this is the home stretch and we have to just grit it through for the next couple months or so!

My lil guy has been getting very active...his latest is some kind of a twisting movement, which really tickles my belly, I have to hold it everytime he does it...it's quite funny. Anybody else feeling similar movement or is it just me with an acrobat inside?!!

I started on the pre-natal yoga class this weekend...one hour of stretching, breathing, meditating and relaxing with other women going through the same stuff...it was great...I've signed up for a weekly class for the next month.

Sangeetha, hi, I joined just a few weeks back. Was sorry to read your post last week. Please take good care of yourself and do try to stay cheerful.

Apharna, sorry I didn't respond to your post last week. My work schedule's pretty relaxed in that the hours are quite fixed and the office is near home. What kind of maternity leave do you get? I get 16 weeks in all and plan to start from May 25, which is exactly 4 weeks before my due date.

Have you all started shopping for baby-stuff and/or setting up a room/area for the lil one? We've been doing the rounds of stores and the amount of stuff out there is quite overwhelming!

Ok, everyone take care and keep smiling.

Best,

mvish.

5. apharnashri

apharnashri New IL'ite

Hi Guys,
    Hope everyone is doing fine and busy. I have my baby shower on 23rd April and e-inviting everyone for the same.

Hi Sangi,
    Hope you are feeling better. I know I have been suffering from cough since last month and it has not yet gone. U take care of your health. Another 7 more weeks to go and cant wait to see my baby. My darling LO is going good. Feel like my days are going very slow nowadays. My mom reached here on Monday and I am so happy to see her after 15 months. She too is very happy seeing me and she is never letting me do any work. So sweet of her. My baby shower is on 23rd April. 7 more days to go.

HI Mvish,
    Good to know that you are not having a hectic work schedule. I dont have any paid maternity leave as such. Here the procedure is totally different and little bit confusing as well.. We need to contact insurance regarding the same and they will determine how long can I be on leave based on several factors. Hopefully I will get 3 months . Lets see.

I am planning to buy a chest for keeping my baby stuff . Have not yet started the shopping . Anyway I am not planning to buy more stuff now. Anyway car seat, stroller and cradle are a must and will buy before the baby is born. My baby is jumping as I am typing this....
    Whats up ..........
    Cheers,
    Apharna

6. swethu_v

swethu_v Junior IL'ite

Hello evryone,

I know that itz been a long time since I posted. As usual I have been busy at work and these days I dont try to log into my system once I am home.
    I just want to relax. I have been having slight back ache...But the most frustrating part is I am not able to digest food very easily...This is adding to my constipation. I also have nausea once in a while. Apart from all this, I have been doing good. I am having ice creams like crazy...:). My weight gain is also normal so far.

Sangi2, it was really sad to read your post. I know it must be really difficult especially when you have another kid. Did you have similar symptoms during your first pregnancy? Please take care and leave all the household work. About shopping...you dont have to worry much. I am sure you can handle it later.

Sangi1,
    I hope your cough and fever has subsided. Take care and have only warm water. Thanks for updating the list of due dates....good to know that you are keeping track. You look really nice in the photo....Looks like you may have a girl...even my tummy looks similar to yours...

Hi Mvish and Aparna, I have not responded to any of your posts...but I do read them regularly. Thanks for all the advice and information you have posted.

I have started shopping a lil bit...I am mostly researching items online....We placed an order for a bassinet.....I was soooo tempted to buy a pink colored one....but I bought a neutral one....One of my best friends also sent my lil one a bouncer....But the most shocking thing is the cost of a breast pump. For those of you in the U.S., a very good pump can cost anywhere between 250 to 350$. I had no clue that this was expensive. The rest of the items seem ok.

I cant wait for my mom to come here...She will be coming on May 21st....I really miss the mom-made home food...

I will try to be more regular in terms of posting

Tk Cr all of you,
    Luv,
    Swetha

7. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi mommies,

There is again a small lull in our thread...it seems third trimester trauma keeps everybody busy with aches and uneasiness. My cough has subsided and am feeling lot better now...but struggling with pain in the sole of the feet these days...my hubby darling is busy after office hours giving me a good massage, it relieves the pain to a greater extent. My darling angel always keeps her legs in the right side of my tummy, so i m very scared to lie down on my right side (scared about crushing her feet) and always lying on my left which leaves me numb once i wake up. It is ok, i just need to bear all this for few more weeks..anything for my baby.

Hi mvish,

So you have started shopping for the baby already...good..i m planning to get most of the things from India but for few essentials. Yet to decide about buying a crib for the baby.. i have plans to use indian version...what we call as 'thooli'..have heard that it gives a proper shape to the baby's flexible head.

Hi Aparna,

Busy with your mom, eh????? Please do update us with your baby-shower and enjoy all home (mumma-made)made delicacies and think of us when you have it too..Dont forget to post your pics also.

Hi Swetha,

Nice to c your message after a looongg period. Dont work so hard, especially in the last trimester..find some quality time for exercise too..dont skip it.please. Thanks for your compliments and when are you planning to post your baby-shower pics. It is nice to know that you are carrying like me which raises my hope of having a girl baby. What is your LO doing??? When are you planning to take your mat leave?

Hi sheela & sangi2,

Hope things are fine at your end...please do take care and update us when you feel fine.

All the best.

Luv,
    sangi:thumbsup

8. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hi All June Mommies,
    How are u all doing? sorry for the prolonged silence from my side.Little busy weekends and however i was reading all the posts did not have time to reply.Ok let me give my updates. I have started with my biweekly appointments and things are fine.I have my next appointment on Tuesday(28th). As for the third trimester classes i have attended two them and should def say they are very very informative.They taught me relaxation breathing exercises, clear details about labor, warning signs, false vs true labor, when to come to hospital, hospital bag list, some birthing videos (they jus brought tears to my eyes) and so on.Two hours jus flew by in the class.It gave a clear pic to me and my hubby as to what is going to happen. I am pretty relaxed now.If anyone of you is still thinking about attending.........please dont hesitate.Its worth it.There are eleven other couples in the class.

I have also started shopping for things. We have given order for car seat and it should soon be home.My Mom and MIL are also shopping in India for my little one.

Hi Sangi (sanarun),
    Good to hear that you are out of your cold.The cough ahould have been really horrible to cope up esp at this time. So, how is your sole pain now? feeling better? jus keep your feet in warm water before hitting the bed. I believe it wil give you a good relief. When is ur next appointment? Even i am not planning to buy a crib. Being in a apartment, space is a issue and i also personally feel i want my little one near me.

Hi Sweths,
    Good to see u posting after a long time. Take rest and do take care of yourself. How is ur nausea and contipation now. Have atleast 8 glasses of water per day. This is being told like a mantra in the class for me. I am also following that nowadays. My mom is also coming on may 21st. Have u decided on the baby shower dates? so, bassinet and bouncer ready....... good good.

Hi Apharna,
    How did ur baby shower go about? taking rest after the big day? do post the pic soon.Good to hear that ur mom is with you.Do enjoy all mommies food. So have u started baby stuff shopping. Only after researching i came to know that there are these many items to buy. Once we walk in the baby section in any store i dont feel like coming out of it. Are u going for classes?

Hi Sangi2,
    That was sad to hear about your pre labor.how are u doing these days? it was a blessing that ur father was there that day. Relax, relax relax.......... this is the term told to me in hospital. Divert ur attention elsewhere and relax. Ur first one will keep u busy however.did u go in for appointments after that? Jus leave everything in the hands of God.I know its easy for me to tell you.But i too have a cyst in my fallopian tube and i believe totally in God that everything will go on smoothly.

Hi mvish,
    Good that ur glucose tests came out normal. Happy to know about your yoga classes.Update us whenever u find time.

Take Care all of you...................

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  9. mvish

mvish New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend! I had a check-up on Sat and everything's fine. My baby's weight is 1.9 kilos right now. If you all don't mind sharing, I'd love to know your babies' weights. The doc here tells me mine's slightly bigger than average, but then the majority here in Singapore are Chinese, so I'm wondering if that's what she means. Will be nice to hear how much Indian babies are weighing in around this time of pregnancy. I'm into Week 33, eight more weeks to go....

Apharna, hope your baby shower went off great! I'm sure you're having a wonderful time with your Mum. My parents are coming in couple weeks and I'm so eagerly looking forward to it!!! Good Luck with getting a few months of maternity leave.

Hi Swethu, good to read your update.

Sangi (sanarun), glad your cold has recovered. Enjoy the nightly foot massages! I'm sure it helps you sleep better. My husband gives me a back and leg rub every night and it really helps me.

Hi Sheela, good to hear about your childbirth classes. We're signed up for one for the next three Saturdays. I've already been reading a lot about labor, delivery, etc., but am looking forward to hearing from experts, seeing videos and sharing with other couples in the same situation.

My latest problem is itchy skin all over...anyone else facing this issue? Sometimes it gets really bad and keeps me from sleeping at night! The doctor has asked me to apply Calamine lotion and eat cooling foods. She says it's a bad time (i.e., summer) to be in the third trimester...can't do much about that, can I?! U gals in the Middle East...is the heat getting your down, too?

Take care everyone,

mvish.

10. swethu_v

swethu_v Junior IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I had a doctor's appt today. Everything went well. My weight gain has been normal. They also drew my blood to do the haemoglobin test. The doctor has also asked me to schedule an appointment for the 3rd ultrasound (36th week). This will give the baby's weight and position.

I will also have to register for a pediatrician who will come and see the baby after it is born.

Sangi, even I feel that I am crushing the baby when I sleep on my right side. The doctor told me to not to worry about it. She said that the baby is safe inside a balloon :). We still have'nt planned on a baby shower yet. As my due date is on 17th June, I am planning to work from home from June 1st. I will take my maternity leave from the day I enter labor...Hopefully I should be able to manage until that point.

Sheela,
    I have considerably reduced my work these days. I try to be home by about 6:30 except on a few days. Oh great..even ur mom is coming on the 21st of May. Cant wait for that day. This week I went and bought a couple of little things for the baby --> swaddler diapers, sensitive wipes and some caps and mittens. As for the childbirth classes, I have to agree with you. They are so informative. Even I thought it was totally worth it.

Aparna, how did ur baby shower go? Do upload some pics.

Mvish, itz really sad that the itchy feeling is troubling you at night...Always keep your skin mosturized...even during the day. The itchiness is prbly because ur LO is growing big and ur skin is stretching.. Dont scratch. I have heard that scratching leaves marks and they dont go away easily.

Anyways I have to get back to work. All of you take care and keep posting.
    Luv,
    Swetha