1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need suggestion on Manual breast pump

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by ampu, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

HI Moms,

Please suggest me which brand is best for manual breast pump.

Looking forward for ur help

-Ampu

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Loved my Medela harmony! It came with a soft breast shield that was really gentle. I am also told Avent Isis is good.

Hope that helps

3. Shrikrishna

Shrikrishna New IL'ite

I have been using Lansinoh since 3 months, it's really good. It takes 4 to 5 days for you to get used to any pump - manual or electric.

4. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Thank you both for your suggestions. I bought medela harmony .This is good but looks like it will take some days for me to get used to it.

Thank you once again.

Ampu

5. stanleyjedd

stanleyjedd New IL'ite

The Lansinoh system uses a whole other method of suction their parts don't have the same issue. In other words, there's far less crevices that you've got to work to get the milk out of. That's NEVER a bad thing. Finally, the valve
    that's used in the Lansinoh pump is just pure brilliance.

6. pranavi

pranavi New IL'ite

how do you use a manual pump?

i mean do you use it for full time pumping
    or just to empty out the breast after the baby finish feeding

i will be staying at home ,so in this case should i buy the pump before baby is born or should i wait.

also what bottles did you use to store the expressed breast milk,and if you are travelling with expressed breast milk how to heat it and give it to baby do we need to buy bottle warmer which plugs into car's socket.

sorry for these many questions but as am a first time mom everything seems like a puzzle.

thank you

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Pranavi - I have never pumped (breastfed DS for little over a year) but I think that if you will be home with the baby there isnt any need to get a pump now. You can always buy it later if you need it.
    If you are travelling with the baby then its far easier to simply feed the baby yourself :) No need for expressing/warming.
    And there isnt any need to pump to empty breasts after feeding unless you are aiming to increase supply. If you have a baby who sucks well then the supply/demand thing is best left to the baby to regulate. Hope that helped a little. Do keep asking, thats the only way to learn :)

Vanathi.

8. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

kellymom.com :: Working, Pumping, Bottle Feeding - this site should have all the answers for your questions.
    But agree with V, you really dont need one, if you dont have supply and latch issues. But if you can afford the dough, I would suggest using Medela Harmony. The user booklet has all the information you need. It does help not just in boosting your supply but also your confidence you can exclusively nurse for 6 months, especially if you are a FT mommy.
    Excerpts from the link

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009