1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 3

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

That was really a quick one. Thanks for the same. Will treasure it.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pusphavalli,

Thanks for joining in. The Lord is unbelievably simple and incredibly loving. I don't know the story you are talking about. But I faintly remember hearing about it somewhere.

It is not for nothing that the Lord in Kanchi is called Perarulalan - a person of immense love and compassion.

I am convinced that we can never love God the way He loves us.
    Thanks for honouring the date.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Indhu,

Thanks a lot Indhu, for your kind words. I have moulded Arvind as my polar opposite. I have designed his character in such a way that he has all the qualities which I don't have.
    My only claim to goodness is that God let me design such a character.

When others promise to visit the thread again for a detailed fb and they do not do so, they will have a hundred reasons. But when you fail in your promise, there could be only one reason - that's me. I might have asked you to do something that might have eaten up the time you allocated for writing the fb.

thanks for honouring the date.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Jothi,
    The first line of your fb exactly reflected my state of mind when I first heard the story from my Guru. You are right. You all might run out of tears before the end of the series. But I will be running out a few months before that. Because I have to cry several times for the same episode when I do the editing again and again.
    But along with those tears our sins and miseries will also go away. Those tears would wash the karma we built in several lives.
    You have one more story to tell your kids. I have included the story how the paasuram Pallandu was born in this thread. You can also tell that story to your children.
    Thanks for honouring the date for the third time. The next one is on 17th April, 2009.
    love,
    sridhar

5. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

dear sri
    caught in the samsara sagaram your stories are like the spiritual upanyasas to me.
    i can comment on your stories,.
    but who am i to talk about lord,his azhwars and his stories.
    if i have not written any fbs it is because i do not hav words to define my feelings.
    all i can say is your words seem as if all the happenings are taking place right before m y eyes.
    and i am spellbound to not even open my mouth forget typing.
    luv
    krips

6. varalotti

Dear Meenakshi,
    Thanks for coming in. Pallandu paasuram is part of Thiruvaradhanakramam established by Sri Ramanujar. Any time there is thirumanjanam and thiruvaaradhanam in a Perumal Koil, they will have to chant the two paasurams I have quoted.
    Hold on to your seats tightly, Meenakshi. For during next week we are going to take a sharp turn. It will be worth the while to check the seat belts. For I am bringing in your namesake in to the picture.
    love,
    sridhar

7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    This weekend (Friday through Sunday), my sil's grand son (he is 13 years) was home and he took away the computer and time! Once again I could read your 3rd episode just now! Shankar's question and KG sir's reply to it were excellent. Nobody could have answered it in a better way! Hats off to KG sir! (Here our Varalotti sir has merged into KG sir).

You made me speechless with the explanation. That is why I just felt like quoting it instead of commenting on it.
    And once again, this story on Swami Thiruvaranga Perumal Araiyar brought tears to the eyes. What love between the Lord and the devotee! When, we, reading the story find so much bliss, I can imagine the bliss the people assembled there would have attained.
    Great story, narrated in a great way so as to touch the very core of our hearts!
    Love,
    Malathi

8. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    The story of 'Pallandu ' was wonderful. It has come at a time to me when I am just initiated to learn it through a Guru.Great are God's ways!
    Love,
    Malathi

9. varalotti

Sriniketan,
    thanks for lighting the lamp on the Pangunu Utharam day and then reading the episode. What you are doing will benefit the whole community.
    I am happy that you liked the episode. Looking forward to seeing you on 17th April with a different dimension of OMG.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

There is a difference between my earlier serials and this series. In the earlier serials like ALS or LA I had to think of various events and characters and be tensed about presenting a satisfactory episode to discerning readers like you. But OMG is a different story altogether. I have so much of stories thanks to my teacher and the books he has recommended that I have to just choose one of them. In the earlier serials I was giving soul to the stories. Now the stories come with a soul and a body, all beautiful. I have to just dress them up in the modern English language. As the original soul and the body are so beautiful whatever dress I may choose the story looks good.

And writing a series like this has been a life-defining experience for me as well. You all read the story once in seven days. But I read them seven times in a day, as I have to edit them again and again.

Before I met my teacher I was going through a lot of difficulties in finding out the meaning. And the inner meaning. My brother in law gifted me and my sister with a set of Prabandam books. It's 9 volume collection. It was in 2000. I tried to master them overnight. Soon I failed miserably. And then tried again with the same result. It went on like that till the teacher appeared on the scene.
    Now I am at an advantageous position. I know what difficulty I had in understanding the paasuram. And how it was solved by the teacher. I am now anxious to bring both to you. If you read the Bhagavad Gita you will find that the first chapter is nothing but Arjuna's grief. His blabberings. His threatening to run out of the battle field. They may not instruct us much. But they prepare the land (read our minds) to sow the great seed of Bhagavad Gita. That's why Krishna called that first chapter Arjuna Vishada Yoga, or the Yoga of Arjuna's Grief.
    And Kamla, I need to tell you. Next week we are going to take a sharp turn. I don't want all the stories to fall into one pattern. Next two weeks will be a little different.
    Thanks for honouring this date and looking forward to seeing you on 17th.
    love,
    sridhar