1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Support group for losing weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pooja, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Swetam

Swetam New IL'ite

Hi thr,

u definitely have company and incidentally I came across this page that gives you spl recipes, tips and some fundoo different ex. to lose weight and stay fit!! its food.sify.com/health, just copy paste this link and let me know which ex. video are u guys following??

Sweta

2. lg001

lg001 New IL'ite

Hi Gals,

My question to all those who have tried GM diet or planning to start, like me.

Have you gals had done any preparation before starting GM diet or just started it?
    How it was to eat fruits or veggies and nothing else?

I'm not a big fan of eating fruits/veggies all the time, you know my body needs Indian style food(like roti/dhal/vegetable..atleast 1 time in a day) so I'm wondering how I will be successful in such diet program.

All those who succeed.ed so far....Can you gals share what you eat in those 7 days..(I mean your time table for those 7 days)?

Thanks,
    Leena.

3. cool100

cool100 New IL'ite

Hi all,

please join me in this group as I have to shed 20lbs because I am just 5' tall :cry:

so I have decided strictly to follow the generalmotors diet so lets all join to make our dream of getting slimmer and slimmer come true .

come on gals
    lets see a day tomorrow which makes us the one we were much before and work hard to become one.

4. sudhavinodh

sudhavinodh New IL'ite

Hi maha,
    I had on the

first day :- Water Melon, Pineapple,Orange and apple..

Seconday:- I had salad (letuce, onions) , baby carrot(when ever i wanted to munch something), i had boiled vegetables (combo of carrot,peas and French beans).

I dont like the bananas rather im allergic to bannas so the equivalent fruirt for banana is papaya or cantolop..i had papaya..on the 4th day..

Again on the 5th and 6th day..we are supposed to have beef..we dont eat beef..and beef is supposed to be a red meat another equivalent to beef is mutton..i had mutton..(my friend who tried both beef and mutton , told me that the wieght reduction was good with beef than mutton..again the option is urs and urs alone..:) )

The good thing about this weight loss program is that i havent gained back the weight want i have lost...

But i just wanted to know onething did any one face a plbm like mine..i havent got my monthly periods after my diet..its almost 41 days now..i havent still got my periods...i remember my friend telling me that she too had the same symptoms but got her periods after 45 days..just wanted to know if anyone has faced the similar pblm..sorry if i have crossed my limits....Thanks in advance...

bye..

5. sudhavinodh

sudhavinodh New IL'ite

Hi maha,
    I had on the

first day :- Water Melon, Pineapple,Orange and apple..

Seconday:- I had salad (letuce, onions) , baby carrot(when ever i wanted to munch something), i had boiled vegetables (combo of carrot,peas and French beans).

I dont like the bananas rather im allergic to bannas so the equivalent fruirt for banana is papaya or cantolop..i had papaya..on the 4th day..

Again on the 5th and 6th day..we are supposed to have beef..we dont eat beef..and beef is supposed to be a red meat another equivalent to beef is mutton..i had mutton..(my friend who tried both beef and mutton , told me that the wieght reduction was good with beef than mutton..again the option is urs and urs alone..:) )

The good thing about this weight loss program is that i havent gained back the weight want i have lost...

But i just wanted to know onething did any one face a plbm like mine..i havent got my monthly periods after my diet..its almost 41 days now..i havent still got my periods...i remember my friend telling me that she too had the same symptoms but got her periods after 45 days..just wanted to know if anyone has faced the similar pblm..sorry if i have crossed my limits....Thanks in advance...

bye..

6. kavithaRao

kavithaRao New IL'ite

Hi Leena and others,

Here is what i ate on those 7 days. I must say, that I PREPARED my body before i started this diet. I started off with including fruits in my regular eating like eating the most liked fruit (i took grapes, oranges) in between the meals at work and i tried quizino's flat bread salads (since i believe if i try something i make i won;t like it for sure). and also had lunch with side of steamed veggies (at cafeteria). I did this for a week now and then. And then started the diet.

The version of the diet i got (forwarded by one of my husband's friend ) doesn't mention anything about 'Beef'. when i googled it, and read the forums, i think the one i have is Indianized version, substituing Beef with rice.

Anyways,if you get headache while in the program, that means that you are not eating enough. Make sure you don't starv while you are on this diet and more over that what the program tells you.

I read a day or two back in 'EENADU's SUKIBAVA edition (Its a Telugu online news paper) that if you eat when you have head aches, it will be gone in most of the cases.

There is no restriction on what type of fruits or veggies you take. If you choose the ones you like, it won't feel hard on you. Thats what i learnt.

Here is what i had:

Day 1: Water Melon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, oranges, kiwi, pears

i had 2 kiwis, 1 pear. I had one whole big water melon (bought from costco that day), and little bit of other fruits.

Fruits i could have taken: Grapes (i avoided since it has more sugars), strawberries.

Day2: boiled 'drum sticks' with turmeric and salt, strain it and spirkled 'Idli powder' ;
    with no oil, put 'Turia' (Beerakaya in telugu) cut into very small cubes, turmeric and salt (salt will help realease the water and hence no need to add water.) and cook it in slow flame. I had this with no powders added. ;
    Sauceted (i added few drops of oil to get the sizzle.....,) broccoli, carrots, asparagus.

Had the 'wonder soup' (boiled water and put cauliflower, tomotoes, onions, carrots and anything else you would like and seasoned with SAMBAR powder, little dania pwdr, salt). Its kind of sambar with no dal in it.

Its totally upto you how you want to consume these. All our Indian spices (like dania pwdr, red chilli pwdr, turmeric etc) has NO calories. And hence you can add anything that can give us good taste.

Since this diet program was designed initially by non-Indian, and people here are used consuming veggies with no seasoning (not considering Ranch and other dippings), they need not to bother about how they can take the veggies. Onn the other hand, we are more used to having our veggies in pleasing way in my opinion (and I love it). The diet program does mention that you can add any spices (thats a clue i guess). This time i bought dry herbs like Thyme, rosemery, basil to use next time i start this diet.

Day 3: Day1 and Day2 combination along with the wonder soup.

Day 4: Milk and Bananas.

I had banana milk shake for breakfast, lunch and dinner times. I blended 1 cup milk and 1 banana to make milk shake. (you can add few DROPS of strawberry syrup and have variation ). and the remaining three bananas in the middle. I must say that i had only 6 bananas because of its size.

Day5: Rice and Tomotoes:

First i thought of making Tomoto rice. But 1 cup rice and 6 tomoto combo does not feel like working and more over it can come for only one time serving. what would i do the rest of the times? right? So,

I made soup again. in non-stick vessel, put small cubes on onion, and salt and turmeric (I won't cook anything with no turmeric). and then add the tomotoes (cut into very small pieces) and let it cook in its juices. after its cooked, added chilli pwdr, dania powder and little after that added water and 1 cup cooked rice. This one is from the inspiration of 'Minestrone soup' that has cooked wild rice in it.

and of course i had the wonder soup.

Day6: Rice and veggies:

This time, I made veggie soup (just like our sambar with no dal) and for the rice,

I had 2 idlis for dinner and did feel like i'm not in diet since i was eating with my family for dinner, i felt normally.

Again, its upto you. You can take how you want.

Day7: Rice, fruits/veggies and juices:

I might have had 2 cups of juices all through the day. and had lots fruits and little veggies. I had rice and soup mixed like sambar rice (of course, no dal) for lunch.

Since i had fruits to take, i was ok.

I had no tea/coffee (even though they say its ok to take black coffee and more over i'm not that great fan of these) on those 7 days.

For all of those, who wants to go ahead with this program, i have only positives things say about it.

1) It definitely showed me the results in the form of reduced hips, thighs and tummy and love handles as well. And my pants and tops are loose fitting now.

2) After this program, i have full control over the portions and the food i take. My mind is not feeling to have junk food any more. All i'm craving is for fruits now. On the 8th day (after the program), I automatically went and had watermelon for breakfast. And when i realised that i don't have to eat this, i smiled and felt good that i didn't crave for heavy breakfast. (i know its good to have breakfast).

3) I feel little more confident now for sure. I use to wear jacket most of the times before (i'm sure many of play this open secret trick) to hide that tummy and all. I'm not saying that you should, but think if someone comes and asks if you are pregnant? how that would be? I was lookig like 5-6month pregnant with the tummy i got after the delivery. My tummy was huge when i was pregnant and everyone was asking if i'm having twins (actullay, i had a huge fibroid growing along with my baby and hence the tummy was huge).Anyways, it was my situation before and not now.

4) my breathing is better now and don't have the back ache.

By the way, the very next day after the program, I was excited and called my friends who wanted loose weight from long back, and told them about this program and the results.

Now, 5 friends started the diet from Monday and all are seeing the results already and they are happy too.

I planned to start again yesterday after a week gap, but i had to go somewhere and hence planning to start tomorrow, and to shread those 15+ pounds i need to loose. I'll update the next time as well. and oh, i didn't gain the lost pounds.

hope this helps....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE who wants to reduce the weigtht to make a way to the GOOD HEALTH and of course to get our Better shape back....!!!!

Kavitha

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  7. lg001

lg001 New IL'ite

Thanks Kavitha for sharing your 7 days meal time table.

I'm very positive to start the GM diet after 18th May and will share my experience with IL's.

Leena.

8. tulip

tulip New IL'ite

: Support group for losing weight

Hi friends,
    Its looks very nice all of you helping each other. now i will tell yoy my problem. I have fat in my sholders oterwise i am very fit. Because of this i can not use sleeve less tops. Please tell me to overcome this problem.
    Thanks in advance
    Tulip

9. vaidegi

vaidegi New IL'ite

Hi,
    Do some exercise like rotating ur hands and u can try going to gim.if u rotate ur hands clockwise direction and anticlockwiese direction for 10 times daily, u will get reduced from fat on your shoulders.

lovingly,
    vaidegi.

10. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi KavithaRao and SudhaVinodh,

First of all , Sorry for taking such a long time for replying u.

Thanks a million for sharing your diet plan in detail with us ... That was so nice of u both to give us a strong helping hand..

I took up the diet plan (partially) and completed with a loss of 2.5 Kgs ..

I said partially b'cos this is the first time i am on a diet plan and was doubtful abt my body's response (as some of the ILites said they had headaches and started throwinh up )..

So, i didnt want 2 strain myself too much, so kept on hearing my body's voice also..

When my body could not resist the sudden changes, i had to pacify it (my body or my mindset !!!)
    with 2 chapathis atleast for first 2 days..

Later my body and mind didnt crave for the usual food...

So i almost stuck to the diet...

I just had in mind that if not 100% atleast i must be 80% true to the diet plan, so thats how the result also came (2.5 kgs)
    :yes:

The next time i take up the diet plan , i will strive to achieve 100% results , ofcourse with the guidance that i have got from u on the diet intake...:2thumbsup:

In mycase i found reduction of fat around my tummy , little around my thighs, sure i feel lighter and youthful...
    :tongue

The results are amazing !!!!!!!!!

I also kept in mind that "AT ANY PT. U SHOULD NEVER FEEL HUNGRY ", So took the prescribed diet at intervals of 1.5 hrs or 2 hrs..

After the diet plan, my food habits have changed..I have started loving fruits and almost lost interest with junk food...

For Sure I would share the results, when i take up the plan (100% ) for next time...

Last edited: May 24, 2007