1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An awesome visitor!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Oct 5, 2007.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Hey, what a post!! So, it was Yama himself who granted you the power to write. Or, at least, it was he who assured you that you have the ability. That's interesting, isn't it? I think every mortal inhabiting IL would have agreed with Yama on this. Which makes me think. Was Yama reading the fb's you receive at IL as well as your posts? If so, then you have to thank your IL admirers for the extension he granted you.

Only today I told you that I shall be here so long as you are here. And now that I have learnt about your re-employment here, I am pretty sure that you will continue to enthrall long after I have to answer the Y-call. But then, even after I am gone, I can continue to read you from up or down there you know. As Yama has been doing. Even if I am to be kebabified in the Hell fires, I am sure they will grant me permission to keep reading you.

And rest assured, I will try my level best to ensure that Yama and his cronies do not get to visit you for the rest of eternity.

Regards.

oj

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear oj
    Now that you have given me an assurance that you will be in IL as long as I am here, isn't it enough motivation for me to keep writing to keep you a part of us? I'll continue to write here to keep getting your delightful threads the latest being the breathtaking characterisation of Netaji!

I see that like Abou Ben Adam, your tribe is increasing too here. The members calling you as 'oj da' is replete with love and affection the pleasure of which you'll find hard to deny yourself. I am extremely happy that you find IL an excellent forum to stay with. More because, that would mean an unending stream of delightful posts from you!
    Sri

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir

I enjoyed every line of your post. I will pray to Yama to give you long life so that u can entertain us with your ramblings. I read your ramblings but sometimes I dont know how to reply as I am not so good in replying.

Everyday I thank IL for this site as I have found so many friends here and enjoy being with them virtually. Dont know whether I will be knowing before hand when I am going to leave this world, but if I know then I will tell good bye to everyone here and then go. I have told my daughter that she should inform everyone here. I dont know whether people will miss me but still.

God created friends to brighten the everydays and make the world a warmer place with thougtful pleasant ways.

with best wishes
    viji

4. Cheeniya

Dear viji
    The motto that is dearest to my heart is "To live respected and die regretted"
    Of course, to live respected is entirely in our hands. If we can ensure that, it can be reasonably presumed that we'll die deeply regretted by all. But it can at best be a presumption. Whether we'll come to know of it or not is something that is beyond us to comprehend. Hindus believe that we'll continue to be aware of the goings on in our place of abode for a few days after our death but again these are unconfirmed faiths!

Having said this, I must also mention that if a respectable person dies, we see how it affects the survivors. So it is safe to presume that if we too die like that, we'll certainly be missed. But the desire to live respectably should not be only out of a desire to be referred to in laudatory terms after our demise! Am I confusing you? Hope not! Your reference to your end in your FB started this train of thought!

I see that your thread is number one in the Popularity chart now. I also see what a prolific writer you are and most of your posts are quite thought provoking. I hardly see any inadequacy in your writing and so I am unable to understand your reluctance to reply!
    sri

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir

Thanks. Good to know that my posts are thought provoking. I felt very happy reading your reply. I understood what you are trying to say.
    Why I hesitate to reply is because everyone writes high english here and mine is very simple. I am glad to know that my thread is number one. I dont have words to express my feelings.

My husband used to tell one story about a man sitting in the thinnai of a prostitute's house and when a dead body was going the prostitute says that the person who died is a good person as everyone is talking very high about him. I dont remember the exact story now since you are on line I thought let me reply to you immediately. After we die everyone should respect us and for that we have to live respectfully. But after we die we wont be knowing anything.

Take care and havea nice day

with regards
    viji

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  6. arshi1611

arshi1611 New IL'ite

Dear cheeniya sir,
    Through this post I came to know bout the haemorrhage.Thank God you are doing well now and I hope you are taking good care of yourself.Its very heartening to see the spirit with which you have come back.A near fatal incident and you write bout it in such a light vein...my admiration for you as a person has definitely doubled. Truely you are an inspiration to people like me! I get disturbed even at little things but looking at you at your age its incredible to see your attitude towards life. You've told me that its all in the attitude and thats what you've shown here... and as for the punishment, please go ahead and write as much as you can and please... show no mercy here...more the punishment,more happier we'll be :)
    take care and god bless.

. So my deputy CG suggests that we request you to continue writing your column and make them read it as a kind of….er….punishment! Of course, you have the right to refuse, Sri. I do not want to appear to influence your decision but must tell you that we have full faith in your capacity. I must also tell you that the more effective you are in this job, the longer a life span we may grant you for assisting us in this task!”

A large grin connected my two ears as I held out my hand to Yam.
    “A deal, boss!” I said and they just vanished without a word! [/quote]

7. Cheeniya

Dear Aarshi
    I am touched by your concern for my well being. I always look upon my well wishers as my elixir of health. Good and bad things happen in everyone's life and if we decide to get battered by them without any sign of resilience, we are bound to lose our shape. We'll never develop any distinguishing features that may help our well wishers recognise us.

I look at it this way. If we are surrounded by well wishers who want nothing but the best to happen to us but in spite of them, we decide to continue sulking and cursing our fate, the well wishers may soon desert us! By such an attitude, we not only rule out the possibility of anything good happening to us but also cast a slur on our well wishers!

Sri

8. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Sir, After reading your post, and the various fb posts, a chain of thoughts got provoked. First being, such experiences, teach us a lot of things and our whole perspective changes after the experience. Second, Sir, being able to see humour in the toughest of situations, its one of the qualities I really want to have, and admire in those who do.
    Third, the kind of bond we all have here is something unique, and something beyond any explanations.
    Thank you Sir for such a nice post, and please do take care of your health.

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear cheeniya sir,
    i have been seeing this post regularly.
    since you do not have any idea about my post and i am new also , i am a little bit hesitant to write my fb. but to day after going through the responses i realized the real intensity. really you do have real sense of humour that is why you are able to describe that in hilarious way. so if you do not mistake me, i remember one song sung by M. G. R."Nan seththu pizhaichchavanda , yamanai paththu sirichchavanda". but i am praying to GOD to give you along life and make IL glitter with your ramblings.
    with love
    pad.

10. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir,

I was totally unaware of your illness, was absent from the site for a while. I am so very glad to know that you are doing fine by god's grace.

I can imagine the stress you and your family went thru, the physical pain and discomfort you had to bear. Try to forget it like a night mare and as usual keep us cheerful with your ramblings.

We are all ready to bear the so called punishment for ever "Happily".