IL ites in and around Mylapore, mandaveli.

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by shree, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Jayashree on your daughter's wedding in July.
    Wish her all the very best from me.
    I am in Chennai for a brief vacation from end April until 9th May and off to Bahrain.
    Probably we could PM each other and discuss common friends in and around our area of early childhood.

Take care,
    Sudha

2. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi sun flower,
    we r pretty close to the area what u mentioned. do u still live there.

3. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jayashree!

Finally one from St.Antony;s high school, here!:thumbsupBut am already a grandma for 3 kids, and so must be a lot senior to you.Remember kamala teacher?I was a fan.May be you belong to the period of Shobana, the newsreader in "Podhigai".

4. Jayashree Natarajan

Jayashree Natarajan New IL'ite

Hi

Shobhana was almost three to four years senior to me. But, of course I know her and admired her beauty and long hair of those days. Are you talking abt the Kamala teacher who taught PT? I had Mercy teacher for Maths. I am still in contact with my school friends. Which year did u pass out your eleventh?

Nice to know u r grandma of 3. I too am a grandma of one darling kutti.

Jayashree

5. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

HTML:
    Shobhana was almost three to four years senior to me. But, of course I know her and admired her beauty and long hair of those days. Are you talking abt the Kamala teacher who taught PT? I had Mercy teacher for Maths. I am still in contact with my school friends. Which year did u pass out your eleventh?

Nice to know u r grandma of 3. I too am a grandma of one darling kutti.

Jayashree
    :hiyaHi Jayashree,

well, then you seem to be so much junior to me, since Shobana was two years juniors to me.When she was the princess Kundavai in the epic drama of 'Rajaraja Chola' in our school annual celebration, I was the elder Kundavai.I was not as famous as she, yes, for her beauty and her very long trail of hair.

Unfortunately I had been out of Chennai for most part of my wifehood, motherhood, and to some extent, granmahood...Rant..I had lost touch with almost all of my school friends.Of course, I put some effort in finding at least one of my best friends, (Nagesh's sis-in-law) after getting back here, a couple of years back.Now we talk to each other once in a month.

Kamala PT teacher was a terror!!(to me:rotfl)..The one I am mentioning about tood English and Science.BTW, what is your darling kutti's name?Mine, Nikita, Adyanth and Neel ...:).

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  6. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am a typical madrasi, adhuvum mylapore vasi.:) Did my schooling in St Anthony's girls Hr Sec School. I like chennai veeeery much, especially Mylapore. :bowdown Kapaleeswarar Temple, theppakulam, beach, anjaneyar koil and what not? Nice place to live in. We were staying in Alwarpet, just opp to Alwarpet Anjaneyar Koil. We had lots of friends and we had a nice childhood days there. We never miss 63var festival. After marriage, we went to Hyderabad and then now in Bahrain. But, i always love Chennai. "Endha oor enralum adhu nammura poll aghuma". When we return to India, i will definitely settle down only in Chennai.

Nice to see so many Mylapore vasis here.

7. Bagiya

Bagiya New IL'ite

Hiiiiii All,

I am also a Mylai vasi :cheers. I did my schooling in chellammal till 5th. After that i moved to Perambur. Now got settled in Bangalore. Still my aunts and grandpa are there in Mylapore.. when ever i go to chennai i never missed to visit Kabli and karpagam. I feel so happy to go there.

Yesterday was 63var festival. I saw Rishabavagam and theru this time.
    I was so nice that still so many people come for those festival. For theru festival we used to distribute Buttermilk to all devotees. I took my daughter this time and made her distribute it. She enjoyed a lot.

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends

Iam also ardent fan of mylapore, even i was blessed to stay for few months in Mandaveli ( very next bulding to VEERA ANJANEYAR TEMPLE, MANDAVELI) 5 yrs back...daily two times i will surely get blessings from LORD ANJANEYAR and he also blessed me with wonderful flat

Once, i too blessed with a chance to see ARUPATHU MOOVAR festival:bowdown

.OMG!!! you people have recollected my memories, i enjoyed each and every moment of mylapore life , daily i used to go to alll the temples there and visit to market ..andha fresh fresh vegetables partha samaikareno illayo, i willl buy all vegetables ( i have never seen like this anywhere) .

Heehehehe i never cooked in my house during my stay in mylapore, used to get from all small outlets daily ( my DH was out of city at that time, so myself and DS only, he is also small kids, so ONLY ME)

Used to visit All small shops around kulam , daily....aha!!! aha!!!! vazkaina mylapore vazhkai dhan osathi, wish to come back and stay in mylapore is my dream

( and, now iam starting to Mandaveli to stay with my friend for two days:-D:boo::boo::party:party ) feeling very much excited

9. BharathiRajesh

BharathiRajesh New IL'ite

Hi every body,

I am a new I lite and I also came to mylapore as a new bride from valasarwakkam, chennai. I was born in mylapore and my parents shifted to valasarawakkam , now i came back to mylapore after marriage and really like both the places.

Chitra madam, felt very happy seeing ur slokas,through which I came to this site. Are u taking any sloka classes at mylapore? Where r u staying in mylapore?When searching for some slokas through google only, I found this site.Now I became addicted to open this atleast once a day.

Thanks a lot to God who showed me this site.

I reside in New st., Mylapore. Anybody near to the same place.

Regards,

Bharathi.R

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi bharathi,

welcome to IL.so where does this new st come. any popular land mark near by.???
    u can post your questions about the slokas in the slokas thread to get a reply from chitra maami.