Girl Child Discrimination in India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Yashikushi, Mar 22, 2009.

What the measures are to be taken to protect the girl child?

1. Sexual Education- still a trailing one india...the real need of sex education amongst kids

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Awareness Campaigns-healthy,effective discussions

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Strict, Urgent New Law -protecting and promoting the rights of children

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  4. Punishment for the criminals- imprisonment or nailed to death or a paltry fine

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HinaAhmed

HinaAhmed New IL'ite

The debate on how a daughter was raped by her father over a period of nine years on the encouagement from a Tantrik is being telecast on the News 24 Channel now. Its not jus girl child or teenagers that are at risk, even well educated women are prone to these type of sexual exploitations planned by so called tantriks or holy men.

My friend is one such women, she was so smart,beautiful and full of life. Her eyes used to shine with love and happiness yet today her eyes shows pain the pain which unfortunately could not be brought before the World due to family pressure. She too was sexually exploited by her husbands cousin who with a help of some holy man posed as there well wisher and played with my friend and her husbands emotions and with out her husbands knowledge exploited my friend again and again till one day she mentally broke down. That Cousin used to play with human emotions and his wife used to assist him in all his black deeds.

I want her bring that black sheep to book, but my friends mental health is so fragile that any mention of that incident she breaks down. I am praying that she recovers soon and get back to her normal self so that she can get justice.

Seeing her like a flower withered away gives me so much pain, but without her help that man cannot be brought before law and he is out there somewhere ruining innocent women like my friend.

So beware all, don't trust anyone, not jus strangers but also your own relatives, who knows what dirty ideas one must be harvesting in their minds.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh my God!.what a drastic helpless state..nothing could be done unless the awareness evoke amongst the community(including us).....sure to keep my sister in my personal prayer....Don't give up.....She will bloom again freshly to face the world.....to punish the abusers..Please leave a personal message about her particulars

3. lillylotay

lillylotay New IL'ite

Dear YashiKhushi and all IL authors and readers

As I am writing this and by the time you read this unfortunately many more innocent children and adults would have become such victims from the encouragement of these so called tantrics. I would opt for an education system in schools (preferably primary) for both girls and boys where they are made aware and made to learn the differences between religion and these gory practices in the name of religion. As for the adult minds, who are the blind-believers and are drawn towards such concepts – education and strict regulation.

Lilly

4. Yashikushi

A different angle of suggestion...giving a clean basic for the kids to differentiate bet religion and superspecious believes....and again It's we (parents) who guide them into such practices.....Where to start from?...hope atleast the future generation would flourish without any defect...for present ......to minimise or completely eradicate, merciless dreadful punishment for the abuses and a modified Law for the vicitims is the only remedy.....

5. HinaAhmed

HinaAhmed New IL'ite

Thanks for your prayers for my friend Dear Yashikushi or is it Siraj? The tragedy was great coz my friend and her husband are well educated and never encourage or used to believe in the practices suggested by Holy Men. Infact when ever people rush to take blessings from such holy men these two will always run in the opposite direction. It amazes me...how these two were caught in that web, what emotional blackmail was done that they were reduced to puppets in hands of that holy man and there cousin? But this incident has opened our eyes. I told my daughter as well as all my friends and all my family memebers to take lesson from this tragedy.

In life, up and downs are there to come and in times of difficulties if its regarding health go to Doc or mental torture a Physiatrist will aid you and then there are family and friends to stand by you in times on need, when educated people and that too non believers like my friends can be taken for a ride by these holy men then where does education stand to help? Awareness was very much there in them but yet something went wrong and they are paying a heavy price for the trust they kept in there cousin.

Once again thanks for remembering her in your prayers.

Regards,

Hina

6. Yashikushi

Hina ..lifting her in my prayers is a small favour I can do ..Prayer brings Victory....Don't mind leave me your mail id in the private message....

7. HinaAhmed

HinaAhmed New IL'ite

How is it done? I mean sending my Id on your private message???

8. Yashikushi

Yeah....do the same.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  9. tkvkaruna

tkvkaruna New IL'ite

What I feel is : "prevention is better than cure"

So instead of a crime being committed and we go to knock at the doors of law for justice it would be much much better to bring about awareness in a mass form with more and more NGOs to get involved in it and organise community based programmes to educate them.

The biggest drawback in our country which acts as a fuel to this fire is the stigma attached to such incidents when being exposed in the society. Sex education with the ways of prevention and self protection and a paper on psychology relating to it should be made available to the children and along with it they should be encouraged to take up discussions in the right earnest to shun the stigma attached to it by the society..... This would make the children raise their voice with courage, at the first attempt only, when confronted with such a situation.......

10. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

It is rampant to say the least.
    In the recnetly much talked about Aarushi murder case her father who was the major accused walked away scot free. Hre mother did not have much to say in the matter where the girl was murdered along with her seravnt, Hemraj. I can't understand whether is is being in humane to girl children where all unfair and unherad of traetment is given to them. So many cases all over the world I have read about where the dad had kids with his daughters , another one where the father hid his daughter in the underground part of his house and repeatedly molested her and made his wife bring up the kid, his kid as well as grandkid, this wnet on for 30 years before it came to light and the girl had undergone pphysical and mental torture.
    What is going to be done agianst such unjust practices is anayone's guess!Something that will put the criminal to capital pusnihsment be fair to the girl tortured is fair enough. BUT WHEN WILL LAW WAKE UP TO SUCH CRIME????