1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anumanoj,

Arughampul is commonly called as Bermuda grass. Its scientific name is cyonodon dactylon.

Regards,
    CC

2. charuchitthra

Hi Sarasthara,

I cant prescribe u anything without knowing the full history. so Pm me with details and I ll see wat I can do.

Regards,
    CC

3. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Dear Dr,
    My 1.5 year old son had mild eczema at 2months which was treated using allopathy and strict diet patterns which almost prevented any recurrence. But later he had developed mild wheezing and cough for which we had opted for homoeopathic treatment and everything went well for the last 5months until recently when his cough returned along with a throat infection and now moderate to severe wheezing accompanies. From y’day on he is under antibiotic treatment for the throat infection + Mucosolvan and Bricanyl syrups and after that doc asked to start with ‘Zaditen/Asthafen’ regularly for the next 6months. I’d like to know if
    · Zaditen/Asthafen is suitable (any harms/side effects?) for a 1.5 yr old.
    · Can I go for ayurvedic treatment alongwith this medication?
    · Is this wheezing completely curable in ayurveda? If yes, how long will it take?
    · Doc had told that he has chances of developing asthma in early childhood (family history of asthma +ve) if not treated properly/early. Are there any means by which I can permanently avoid/ prevent such a condition for my little one?
    He is kept away from almost all allergic food stuffs, air purifier/humidifier is used, carpet vaccuming/curtain cleaning etc taken care off, no pets/pollen interference but still the air in U.A.E seems to be affecting many kids here.
    Awaiting your valuable advise and kind support.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Reshmi

4. charuchitthra

Hi Reshmirn,

First of all thank u for such a detailed history. This sure ll help me help u better.

Eczema /Atopic dermatitis in younger kids is becoming common now. Even my daughter has it , and is constantly under treatment. Even summer doesnt help her skin. But I am happy to give u one fact that most of the kids with childhood eczema n asthma outgrow it if taken care properly before age 12. Only 8% take it to their adulthood. And u might be surprised to see about 50% kids in us n canada have a brush with childhood eczema(may be bcos of weather) n Worlwide almost 34% of kids have eczema in their childhood. These facts r to pacify you , to let u know that u r not alone.

With that done, I can assure u eczema n asthma can be controlled(note I say controlled . Not cured. Curing ll be done in nature s own time) with better management of allergic n triggering factors, n lessening the use of corticosteroids(as it may make the kid resistant to those meds soon). I also say that u shud use the same meds when they r in need to effectively control flareups n stop gradually soon too.

I might be confusing u with such areply but lemme explain in detail

ZAdithen r asthafen r child safe.

U can n should go for ayurvedic treatment along with this to make his eczema n asthma better.

As I said wheezing can be effectively managed in ayurveda without having to resort to steroids(If asthafen fails to work effectively u might ve to go for steroid though mild is not good) n so can be eczema.

Developing asthma can be controlled by controlling the incidence of flareups in skin n lung condition.

Be strict in diet. No triggering foods like cold drinks, ice cream r any allergic food.

Always take water n home cooked food evn if u go for shopping to avoid eating out.

I can suggest u some meds in mail if u mail me. U can get them from India and use them. R if u can consult a ayurvedic/siddha doc in person as they might be able to give more effective medicine after assesing ur child present needs personally.

5. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Dear Dr.
    Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. As regards my son’s case, he had no flare ups on the skin after 1 year and it was very rare after 6months of age. As u say - “Developing asthma can be controlled by controlling the incidence of flareups in skin n lung condition.” – in that case I can hope for a better condition for my kid. Hope his cough & wheezing also gets cured soon as it is said that the condition improves as the child grows, the airways widen and thus breathing problems are reduced.
    I am very much strict about his diet (though there are people advising me not be over concerned as that might spoil the child) but it was not diet that worsened his condition once: a family friend took him to their room and while playing, when my son took a perfume bottle from their dressing table, this person applied it over the kids dress. Wheezing started off immediately and left us very much miserable.:hide: (at home we had stopped using any airfreshners,agarbathis etc long back)Is there any thing that can be done at home immediately, to reduce such breathing trouble? We tried applying warm cloth on his chest and back then.
    Next month we’ll be in Kerala on vacation, and planning to consult an ayurveda doc. Thanks once again Dr.Charuchithra for your valuable advise and kind support.
    Luv n Regards,
    Reshmi
    NB: Hats off to your online consultation services.:bowdown

6. meenajudy

meenajudy New IL'ite

hi
    How to regulate menses cycle naturally

7. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Hi Charu,

I have sent a PM to you. Pls help me.

8. umarayan

umarayan Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Pls suggest me...
    I have many health issues,first main problem is over weight,and have PCOD,for past 1 year,am taking medicine,periods was irregular,my LMP was dec 25th 08,if take that hormon tablet then i get periods and i have headache probs from childhood,i did some test no probs found but,i have headache,almost every day,if i take pain killer also,i didnt get relief,i apply some pain liniment,and take rest,and i feel giddiness also many times,i was very lazy in addition,could pls help me out,
    tell all these probs can get rid of siddha medicine,if yes ,u pls give
    details regarding.
    thank u
    regards
    uma:idea

9. lasya11

lasya11 New IL'ite

Hello Dr.chitra!!!

Firstly i appreciate ur effort in helping the indus ladies by sharing ur valuable advices.Madam, i am a 28 yr old lady who has been witnessing the problem of greying of hair.I would not have bothered much but the greying has speedened up near the temples and it gives an awful look.Can u pls tell me if there is any remedy that converts grey hair into black hair(like a dye) and also a proper medical procedure to slow/stop greying.Thank in advance for ur help,

-lasya.

10. Anudina

Anudina New IL'ite

Hi Charuchitra,

My MIL is coming here to USA this month 15th. I have a 2 year old kid and i feel it will be nice if i can ask her to purchase some legiyams from india. Especially i know sidha system has good legiyams for cold cough,indigestion and for general health. Plz do suggest me urgently,so that i can ask her to get them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.