1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New ways to kidnap Children.....BE CAREFULL

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Zeenat, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi ladies,
    this was sent by my SIL. Just wanted to share with all moms.

Wanted to share something that happened today while shopping at Carrefour.

A mother was leaning over looking for meat and turned around to find her 4 yr old daughter was missing.

I was standing there right beside her and she was calling her daughter with no luck.

I asked a man who worked at Carrefour to announce it over the loudspeaker. He did and left me he immediately walked right past me when I asked and went to a pole where there was a phone.

He made an announcement for all the doors and gates to be locked a code something. So they locked all the doors at once.

This took all of 3 minutes after I asked the guy to do this. They found the little girl 5 minutes later in bathroom still drugged. Her head was half shavedan d she was dressed in her underwear with a bag of clothes a razor and wig sitting on the floor beside her to make her look different. Whoever this person
    was took the little girl brought her into the bathroom shaved half her head and undressed her in a matter of less than 10 minutes.

This makes me shake to no end. Please keep a close eye on your kids when in big places where it's easy for you to get separated like Shopping Malls. It only took a few minutes to do all of that.

Another 5 minutes and she would have been out the door. I am still in shock that some sick person could do this let alone in a matter of minutes. The days are over when our little ones could run rampant all over the place and nothing worse would happen than them annoying people.

The little girl is fine. Thank God for fast workers who didn't take any chances.

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear zeenat,
    how people are so mean to do such an action. let all the parents keep an eye on the kids while going out. thanks for the timely warning.
    with love
    pad.

3. revathis

revathis Senior IL'ite

Zeenat,

That was really nice of you to share.You must be all the more shocked as the whole incident happened in front of you. Parents should be really careful. I take my daughter to the park almost daily. I will be always with her but i see most of the moms/nanny's are busy chatting with each other or busy reading books. Why dont you put this under indians in UAE Forum.

Revathi

4. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Never thought this could happen in UAE. My god this is scarry.

5. sunitasethia

sunitasethia New IL'ite

real scarry. I thought Armenia was a safe place to live in. But because of recession here as well I am hearing a no. of cases of crimes.

6. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello Zeenath,
    Thanks for sharing..its really scared all of us. I heared this sort of things are happenign around.

7. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi momies,
    i was so scared after i reading this that i held my DD's and cried so much. and now im even scared to take them to the supermarket which is just down stairs in my building. my hands were shivering on the key board when i read it 1st time.

8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much for enlighting us Zeenat. It is a real shock that such things still happen. I have heard of such scary episodes long back but to know it could happen anyday to our child is scaring me to death. I cant imagine how scared your SIL would have been being present in that situation. World is still not a safe place for we mommies to be relaxed. Dearest mommies, Lets be more and more cautious while out with our children.. cannot taken ANY chances! Dont trust strangers who seem friendly too!

9. onemoreid

onemoreid New IL'ite

i am so scared to read this. and just worried for my daughter. God help us!

10. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi zeenat

thats is really scarry and very informative....Thanks for sharing.....should be extra cautious next time !!!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009