1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Hawaii-is it worth a trip?

Discussion in 'Indians in Hawaii' started by sunitha, May 2, 2007.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear all

We are thinking of a trip to Hawaii since it is so close to CA.Has anyone been to Hawaii.What else is there other than beaches to see?Also,which of the islands is the best to stay and look around?

2. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hey sunitha,
    i dont know much about hawai as i havent been there yet,but a friend of ours went there and said that they rented a holiday apt in front of the beach.All they did was eat&relax in front of the beach with their kid!!!

3. rajitha

rajitha New IL'ite

Sunitha,

We were in Hawaii for 1 1/2 year and I can say it is a life time opportunity to visit, and we awere very fortunate to be there for such a long time. My Husband was working there for HMSA (BCBS Hawaii) and we returned back from Island in Aug 06.

State of Hawaii constitutes 7 islands, of them I can recommend 3 islands are worth visiting, Oahu, Maui and island of Hawaii.

Oahu: This island is the main one, contains Honolulu city, it has beautiful beaches Waikiki, Hanuma Bay, North Shore, Diamong Head, Pearl Harbour.

Maui: Beautiful Beaches and lot of sight seeing Places

Hawaii: Lava Crater, Black Sand Beach, Green Sand Beach, South Point.

Beaches are so good, I still love them, If I close my eyes I can still feel them.

I recommend to spend aleast 1 week there, its worth the money.

The Official Website: Hawaii's Official Tourism Site -- Travel info for your Hawaii vacation

Thanks

Rajitha

4. nvaree

nvaree New IL'ite

Yes indeed it is worth a trip & a once in a life time opportunity. My family visited Maui in 2005. We stayed in Hyatt Regency Maui for a week. The black sand beaches, the mountains, water falls and the lava crater are worth seeing. The sea is very calm and it is good for surfing. We also went for horse riding. The guide took us through the mountains. The mountains are closer to the sea too. You get wonderful tropical fruits especially the pine apples, mangoes and papaya. The weather was absolutely amazing. It is worth seeing.

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot,Vidhu,Rajitha and Nvaree

Rajitha, that was good info on Hawaii. We have a 4 1/2 yr old son and I want him to enjoy the trip as well.He does not enjoy beaches and that is the problem. Looks like we will wait some more time before venturing on this trip.
    Thanks once again.