1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The moon mission

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Mar 18, 2009.

1. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Nice write up. I enjoyed your narration till the end.

regards,
    Anu

2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aproop,
    Nice to know that you enjoyed the post.Thank you.

LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Enjoyed the moon mission...and the explanation of your co-passengers..
    I am relieved at the end...lucky you!, Sir!

sriniketan

4. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear LN Mama,:)

Very interesting post. When i saw the title "The moon mission", i got inspired and was imagining you like an astronaut and started reading the post. But by seeing you sitting in the flight :hide:waiting for the next moment, what is going to happen, was really a good one. "Nalla time pass" by your co-passenger.:rotfl

Waiting to see the comment from mythili mami :roll:

Regards,

Raji

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan,
    When my co passeger was weaving the yarn,Iwas hovering between the moon and the police station .My pulse rate and BP returned to normal only after seeing the co passenger's back.Glad you liked the story.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
  6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Raji,
    It is heartening to know that you found the post interesting.We come across all sorts of characters in our travel but this guy can be classified as a potential film director.As far as Mythili mami is concerned ,she is hard pressed for time to reply to the FBs for her posts.I have to content myself with appreciative smile rather than official communication by way of FB for my posts.
    Thanks Raji for the FB and with Regards.
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

7. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hilarious was your post. Mithilamma would have loved to watch the expression on your face. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laxmiji,

You are one hell ofa master storyteller.And dont tell me u get bored with my praises, i really mean it.

Now u have jogged my memory about something similar.Here it is.

one of Dad;s Aunt stayed in Hong Kong.She stayed outside mumbai, so her landing and departure was from our house where she would stay a day or two.

She was going to HK, and Dad went to leave her at the Airport,shw was overweight with silly household useless stuff, as ladies are wont to shop , til they drop dead.

Well Dad dropped her and came back, and next moring when she was to be in HK, He recd a call from her, saying police have held her in mumba, and she is in the lockup, and pls help her.

Dad was shocked and went to the ariport where thye wer grilling her.

it so happened, she gave her excess baggage like u to some gentleman, and he was a drug peddlar, and when they were seated in the Aircraft her name and the fellow's was announced, and both got down, and it seem theat fellow's abggage had drugs and he was a known offender.

This old lady was crying and pleading and explained, everything, but they kept her locked up.Dad went and well they accepted our version, and she was set free, the man too told the police she had nothing to do with it.

After that, she was very careful and travelled a kg lighter, buit never excess.and Dad told us too, always pay the excess, never club it with anyone, andi have followed that rule alaways.Who knows these days.

And i am sure , he myust have loved the look on yr face.HAHA.

Regards

kamal

9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vaidehi,
    Thanks for the FB.Mythili objected to my carrying baskets of grapes.I did not listen to her as I felt it was worth the trouble to spread sweetness amongst my friends.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN