1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dry and wavy hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by kranthichugh, Mar 12, 2009.

1. kranthichugh

kranthichugh New IL'ite

HI,

I have sholder length dry,wavy and little curly hair at edges.:hiya

I tie my hair from past 25 years and now i am bored of same hair style, i have a hair style where I can leave my hair open but only when they r wet, once they start geting dry I am not able to manage them by leaving open.:spin:spinthey become dry and wavy.

Plz help me, can I use some hair gel or spray so that they don't become wavy,dry and unmanagable and I can open my hair till evening.:bowdown

2. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Do you use a conditioner? If no, then you could use one after shampooing. Take care not to apply the conditioner on the scalp (Hair fall occurs). You should apply it only on the hair. since you say you have totally dry hair, go for a conditioner that has extra moistening. Dove should have one for dry hair; am not sure about the name.
    You can also use a leave-in conditioner so that your hair doesnt get too dry.

If you want a change of hairstyle, you can opt to straighten it...you can buy a straightener and flat iron your hair whenever needed. Or you can just blowdry it to become straight. It would be great to leave your hair without tying if you straighten it or blowdry it!! Try different things.
    You can search for videos how to do all this in youtube.com!!

Happy styling!! :)

3. kranthichugh

kranthichugh New IL'ite

Hi Vids,

I use vatika shampoo which contains conditioner in it ,
    so i don't use any other conditioner.
    I will give a try to dove shampoo and conditioner now :)

Does straightener cause in hair fall?

Thanks for ur reply and suggestions:)

4. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

You can just buy the Dove conditioner and use the same shampoo too. (Not necessary that you should use same shampoo AND conditioner). Apply conditioner to the hair, leave for couple of mins and then wash hair normally. And as I said before, dont work conditioner to the scalp.

Some people complain of hair fall if straightened. But I did not experience it (I have done permanent straightening 3 yrs back. Now I own a flat iron). I think it depends on the hair. My hair is very thin so I dont iron at very high temperatures. I have my general percentage of hair fall, if I iron or not (No extra fall due to ironing). You can try in a salon first to see if you like it (Ask for hair ironing - All brand name salons should do this). Then you can buy one if you like your sleek hair :)

Again, if you buy a straightener, ironing often will fry your hair. All heat tools do!! So use a thermal protecting spray to make sure your hair doesn't suffer much!!

5. kranthichugh

kranthichugh New IL'ite

6. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Anytime friend :)

7. sonjabe44

sonjabe44 New IL'ite

I have rather wavy hair that is inherently dry for no reason. I've tried many "moisturizing" shampoos and conditioners but was always still left with frizz. The Shielo "Color Protect" Conditioner is the best thing that's happened to my hair in a long time. I've tried other combos and this is my favorite. It cleans and moisturizes so that I can even let my hair air dry and it still looks great.