1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gel or acrylic?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by jigyasa, Jan 11, 2008.

1. jigyasa

jigyasa New IL'ite

Hello ILs,

I will be attending my friend's wedding next month. I am thinking of getting nail extensions but don't know whether gel is good or acrylic? Do any of you have any tips or suggestions from your past experience? :)) Please let me know.

*~ Jigyasa ~*

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    I dont know much but sinceno one else has replied i'll share what i kno

I have tried acrylic in the past and looked and felt good. no problems. they will also help you with any questions.

3. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

even the gel or glue solves it.:cheers

4. jigyasa

jigyasa New IL'ite

thanks Anandchitra and Jaanu for your inputs. Looks like I will be getting acrylic nails done for the wedding! will let you know how it went!

5. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TD vAlign=top>
    DearJigyasa,

<TD vAlign=top>

I just saw the health related issue with Acrylic nails if its done in a improper salon. So, please check this article which I got from a websit. Regards.
    <TD vAlign=top>[​IMG] <TD vAlign=top>Contact dermatitis [​IMG]Nail infection
    [​IMG]
    Acrylic nails generally are safe and won't harm your natural nails. However, some people who wear acrylic nails may notice a slight discoloration or coarsening of their natural nails. A more serious problem that may result from acrylic nails is a nail infection.
    Sometimes a gap develops between the acrylic nail and the natural nail — for example, if the acrylic nail is bumped or jarred, it may separate from the natural nail. This gap provides a moist, warm environment in which bacteria and fungi can grow. An infection may also occur if an acrylic nail is left in place for prolonged periods, or if the salon uses unsanitary tools to apply your nails. If an infection occurs, the natural nail may become thickened and discolored and should be evaluated by a dermatologist.
    Rarely, a person may have an allergic reaction (contact dermatitis) to components of acrylic nails or the adhesives used to apply them. This usually results in some redness and peeling of the skin around the nail. If peeling is excessive or persists despite the use of moisturizer on the affected skin, consult a dermatologist.
    The key to preventing infection and nail damage due to artificial nails is to choose a reputable, licensed nail salon. ion.

6. PKaur88

PKaur88 New IL'ite

Acrylics are much better, but make sure you go to some professional and clean place, and you wont face any problems, and just do as the nail technician says, regarding maintaining them and don't ever pull them off yourself!

7. mgrewal

mgrewal New IL'ite

hi ladies,
    anyone knows where i can get them done in delhi?? i've been trying to find someone but with no luck..
    Help!!