Between a mother-in-law and daughter-in-law

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by krisvidhya, Mar 7, 2009.

1. krisvidhya

krisvidhya Silver IL'ite

:coffee
    A long time ago, a girl named Rose got married & went to live with her husband and mother-in-law. In a very short time, Rose found that she couldn't get along with her mother-in-law at all. Their personalities were very different, and Rose was angered by many of her mother-in-law's habits. In addition, she criticized Rose constantly.

Days passed, and weeks passed. Rose and her mother-in-law never stopped arguing and fighting. But what made the situation even worse was that, according to family custom, Rose had to bow to her mother-in-law and obey her every wish. All the anger and unhappiness in the house was causing Rose's poor husband great distress.

Finally, Rose could not stand her mother-in-Law’s bad temper and dictatorship any longer, and she decided to do something about it! :ideaRose went to see her father's good friend, Mr. Huang, who sold herbs.

She told him the situation and asked if he would give her some poison so that she could solve the problem once and for all.

Mr. Huang thought for awhile, and finally said, "Rose, I will help you solve your problem, but you must listen to me and obey to what I tell you."

"Yes, Mr. Huang, I will do whatever you tell me to do," said Rose. Mr. Huang went into his room, and returned in a few minutes with a packet of herbs. He said, " Rose, you can't use a quick-acting poison to get rid of your mother-in-law, because, that would cause people to become suspicious. Therefore, I have given you a number of herbs that will slowly build up poison in her body. Every other day prepare some delicious meal and put a little of these herbs in her serving. In order to make sure that nobody suspects you, you must be very careful and act very friendly towards her. Don't argue with her, obey her every wish and treat her like a Queen."

Rose was thrilled. She thanked Mr. Huang and hurried home to devise a plot for murdering her mother-in-law.

Months went by, and every other day, Rose served the specially treated food to her mother-in-law. She kept in mind what Mr. Huang had said about avoiding suspicion, so she controlled her temper, obeyed her mother-in-law, and treated her like her own mother.

After six months had passed, the whole household had changed. Rose had practiced controlling her temper so much that she found that she almost never got mad or upset. She hadn't had an argument with her mother-in-law in six months because she now seemed much kinder and easier to get along with.

The mother-in-law's attitude toward Rose changed, and she began to love Rose like her own daughter. She kept telling friends and relatives that Rose was the best daughter-in-law one could ever find. Rose and her mother-in-law were now treating each other like a real mother and daughter.

Rose's husband was very happy. One day, Rose came to see Mr. Huang and asked for his help again She said, "Dear Mr. Huang, please help me to keep the poison from killing my mother-in-law. She's changed into such a nice woman, and I love her like my own mother. I do not want her to die because of the poison I gave her."

Mr. Huang smiled and nodded his head. "Rose, there's nothing to worry about. I never gave you any poison. The herbs I gave you were vitamins to improve her health. The only poison was in your mind and your attitude toward her, but that has been all washed away by the love which you gave to her."

ATTITUDE CHANGES EVERYTHING..

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear kris,
    nice story . should be read by all dils and mils. mutual understanding and mutual love can do wonders. thanks to that man who made rose realise this with his plan. if he have love, affection, understanding as vitamins in our life, we can win anybody's heart.
    with love
    pad.

3. krisvidhya

krisvidhya Silver IL'ite

thanks pad..true life becomes easier when both understand..unfortunately it takes times for both..i guess..glad to see you (being frm chennai) are also online at this hour..guess i am also getting addicted to IL..:)

4. mayachaudhuri

mayachaudhuri Senior IL'ite

very beautiful story!!

5. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

That was a really nice story and a lesson to many MIL-DILs

6. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

hi vidya,

nice story... should be learnt from this story...

thanks for sharing

revathib

7. oldgold27

oldgold27 New IL'ite

This is such a beautiful story.
    Why not post it on other forums also like the relationship forums?

Thanks for sharing.:)