1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies from Chicago - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi richa,

i forgot to track this thread for a long time. so happen to see your mess only today. lets finalise a diff date, think about it and post.

2. richierich

richierich New IL'ite

Hi shree,
    lets meet on 7th march,the Saturday. Now, let me know a common place to meet. I will leave my kid with my husband otherwise i'll hardly get a moment to chat. Other moms will understand my point.
    looking forward for the reply.
    richa

3. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi richa,

will check with my DH and confirm the date. also i will think about a common place. how far is the temple from your palce? chumma thinking of various options

4. raginiv

raginiv New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

i joined this forum pretty late ..i guess.. i live in chicago area ( close to O'Hare) for the past 3 yrs and in the US for about 6 yrs now.
    I am a tamilian but brought up in Kanpur and Mumbai... however my parents now live in Chennai. I am always looking for new things to learn and do in chicago. Please let me know if you all have already met up or the plan to meet up is still in the air. My sister used to live here but ever since she and her family moved back to india ...it has been rather boring for me here... so let me know if you ladies are planning a get together...would love to make some friends.
    :)

-Ragini

5. aks_1985

aks_1985 Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone..

I am back from my vaccation...:hiyaWe all were planning for a meet up ,and i guess it didnt happen..so lets make it happen ...please pour in your suggestion where can we have the IL meet this spring..

Akshata
    :banana

6. Push64

Push64 New IL'ite

Hi everyone
    My name is Pushpa and I moved to Chicago from OH about 4.5 years ago. We were in Oh for about 13 years. We used to live in Chicago from 1986 to 1991 where my husband trained for residency and fellowship. From reading many of the posts sounds like I may be older than a lot of you.
    Anyway I have 3 kids, 2 daughters 17 and 14 and a son 9 years old. We live in Westmont, postal address Willowbrook. I am a dietitian but not currently working ( since Jan 09). I have several hobbies painting, scrapbooking, tennis, reading. I found this website when I was looking for info about reverse glass painting. I did learn mirror painting and tanjore painting in India. But I wanted to do some reverse glass painting which I saw displayed at the library in Darien. Anybody knows about classes in the area please let me know. I am also a certified yoga instructor, used to teach classes in OH but nothing since I moved here. I am thinking of starting classes in the fall in my basement. I used to be a realtor for about 2 years with Coldwell Banker but quit that since it was taking up too much time and in this market did not seem to be working well. I do play tennis 3 times per week and am in the travel team, playing matches on Fridays. Nice to know lot of people from the Chicago area are in this forum. I haven't really made new friends since being here, but still working on it. This forum seemed like a good place to start.

7. ranusheila

ranusheila New IL'ite

Hi,
    I came to know about this thread just now and saw all Indian ladies making friends here.I'm Sheila from Calcutta, and have come to Oak Brook,IL last weekend.I have a 3 year old son and would like to make friends with everyone.

8. maau

maau New IL'ite

Hi All

My Name is sonal(Indus ID - maau) and I am from Chicago(palatine,IL),I moved to chicago before 3 months.

I am basically from pune.

i have completed my MCA.
    My hobbies are listening to good music, reading good books,and recently cooking.

I live here with my husband .not ready for kids yet:confused2:

If anyone near palatine so pls respond!we can make friends!!

I am on a dependent visa so cant think of working here,so planning to study or do something.

If interested send me a Private Message.

So,thats abt me as of now!:party

Looking forward to get some response!!

maau:cheers

9. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

Welcome new chicago residents...!!
    shree count me too...lets have a meet up at chicago..:)
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi neets,

am actually waiting for the summer for any meet. lets first decide how we want the meet to be like with husbands, with kids, or just the ladies.

friends pour in some thoughts, lets decide these first. also the place where we all can meet.