1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Would you marry your husband again?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Erm... Rihana, had you asked this question just after I'd returned from an India trip, my answer would have been a whooping, thumping NO! :) BTW... why are you MIA from email?

Sandhya, sweetie, what's happening? I thought your situation was getting better? Is it?

LoonyPooh, I LOVE your avatar! Is that your picture?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. swaram

swaram Senior IL'ite

Definitely NO. I need a break too and definitely have hopes to settle down with better person and in-law family. I think once is enough.

3. vasavi007

vasavi007 New IL'ite

Hi Rihana,

Thank you for starting such an insightful discussion.

I'm married for close to 5 yrs now. Initially myself and my hubby had a lot of differences in our way of thinking and approaching things. Now I think we know to an extent where we both would stand on any matter. Not that we agree on everything, but we know to respect each other and disagree graciously.

So may be I would like to marry the same person again, of course with some changes that I would like to see in him. I guess it's the same with him - he would like to see some things changed in me.

I also gave a deep thought to your question - "is it because we do not have something majorly making us unhappy, we think we are having a happy marriage?". In my case, may be that is true to an extent. Because when I come to know girls not respected for their feelings, not having the independence to do what they want, not being cared as much they would like to be by their husband's, I feel I am way too much blessed. I am grateful for this kind of marriage that I have in this birth with this kind of husband, and would readily say YES to him in my future birth too.

Just to let you know, I was so impressed by this discussion and the feedbacks our lovely ladies have given here and decided to nominate this for Finest post contest here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...-posts-march-2009-nominations.html#post582440 (just to let you know).

4. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Well.....mixed responses here.
    Im married for 11 years now like many others said in a 'package family' with DH being an exception. Will i like to marry him again?? NO...will be my answer.
    No person can be perfect 100%...so there's nothing like a perfect husband or a perfect wife. Each person has to make adjustments/compromises to make the relationship more meaningful. Some people get all these qualities in their partner some dont. Some are okay making compromises to get the perfection and some dont.I too had to compromise on many aspects.

But given a chance... i feel i have lived this life to the optimum and would not want the same DH again.:hiya

Like someone else said here, i liked the idea of making him my wife in next janma so that he can understand a girl's point-of-view.

vani

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the link, Rihana that i graciously shared with DH as well. We both instantly recognised our error zones:hide:... very nice thesis dear. I am atlast relieved that i'm not the only one with this 'India trip' syndrome.

Latha

6. NandiniGG

NandiniGG Silver IL'ite

Yes.. I would like to marry him again and again.I knew about his family before marriage and i knew my mil gonna give me a bad time...but i decided to marry him even though my parents were against the marriage.only thing is i would like to go for honeymoon after the marriage.we could not go to honeymoon and i miss that thing no matter now every weekend we go somewhere.I did not experience the craze of first night also because we were together at day time for short time and we made it first day that too in hurry. ;-)But still i would like to have that experience.

7. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

Hi all IL ites,

YES!.... I will marry my husband again in all my births for his childishness , charm and calm. Hope, he also wishes for the same.

cheers,

8. dipti255503

dipti255503 New IL'ite

Yes yes n yes i .wud like to get married to him, but i have this funny idea in my mind how abt he will b wife n i will b the husband next time around? We r married for 24 years. oh next year it will b a silver jubily.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    every girl enters the married life with so many dreams, some of them justified and some just dreams. In arranged marriages, whn the husband does not fit into any such dream, the wife accepts it as her fate and lives the rest of her life. If the disappoitment is up 50%, it is ok. But if it is 100%, then life becomes hell for the wife and children too (even to her family).
    I too had many dreams but was ready to adjust to situations. But I found that my married life is not a dream but a nightmare from which I could not wake up, even after 22 years. It is not easy to leave, so many reasons for that.
    I wanted my husband to be a friend to me so that I could be open to him. I wished that he respect me always, accept my negatives and appreciate my plus points. I wanted him to be with me in times of hardships,ill health and grief. I wanted him to support me when I was in a fix. I wanted to be an important part of his mind and life. I wanted to feel happy when I met him after we had been away from each other,wanted to miss him.
    I guess these are very nominal wishes only. While I had been all that to him, he had never been anything one thing to me so far. Not only that, he had been the opposite of what he should have been. My son too now feels that his father is a torture to him.
    In this context, do you all think I should marry him again? NO, NEVER. Rather I would stay a spinster in all the lives I am born.
    I am completing 22 years of life sentence this June.

10. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Hi nice topic.My answer is YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS............
    If u ask same question 8 yrs before my answer is NO..........
    WHY?
    IF ANY BODY GAVE NO ANSWER LISTEN EVERY BODY HAS TO PASS IN SOME TROUBLE.DON'T THINK LONG NOW .tRY TO ADJUST WITH UR HUBBY & THEN SEE THE DIFFERENCE.i HAVE SOME JOINT FAMILY PROBLEM ALSO.TRY TO SET UR SELF & PRAY GOD.EVERYTHING'LL BE FINE AFTER SOME TIME.iF U THINK ABOT ANOTHER MAN WHAT IS THE GAURANTEE HE IS GOOD THAN UR HUBBY SO TRY TO ADJUST.CHANGE UR SELF.IF HUSBAND IS ANGRY NATURE U HAVE TO COOL DOWN,WHEN HE IS SMILING MOOD TELL THE STORY,IF HEIS NOT READY TO LISTEN LEFT IT.iN SHORT ADJUST UR SELF.nO GAURANTEE U SELECT ANOTHER MAN IS GOOD ONE.

My hubby is good ,he always take care of me & my kids.I like to marry him again & again & again & again............
    I completed 13 yrs & 9 months.
    KIRTI

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009